Thread: Did you people ever think about this ?

Did you people ever think about this ?

I read the following FAQ section regarding the Shadowlands expansion, from a random website I happened to bump into:

* What else will be new with the Shadowlands expansion pack?
    As well as playfields and items, the expansion pack will contain more new additions such as monsters, graphics, music and modified breeds.

* How will I benefit from a modified breed?
    After level fifty, all players with the expansion will be given "Specialization Points" that allow them to customise their breed and profession in order to concentrate on certain skills. These choices will give players a chance to become more unique and create more diversity among professions and breeds.

* If I'm over level fifty will I lose by ability to modify my breed?
    Players who are over level fifty when the Shadowlands expansion arrives will still get all of the "Specialization Points" that they are due to receive up to their current level.

* Will the level cap of two hundred be increased with the Shadowlands expansion?
    Originally it was announced that the expansion pack would not bring an increase to the level cap, but since news has been released that its release has been delayed, there have been hints that it may be considered nearer the time.

And this is the link:
    http://www.ao-basher.com/features/09...ands/index.php

Perhaps the 'specialization points' help players cast the nano's which they at this point consider not self-castable ?
    It probably addresses a lot of other issues in the 14.6 patch that people simply don't think about at this point...

If the FAQ I read on that website is actually accurate I couldn't say, but my guess is that it is

Arrow

You mean people in this forum think???

As it was stated that the new skill budget would be used in all post 14.4 nanos, and that the mechanisms to make use of that budget would be introduced in the Shadowlands patch and Shadowlands itself...

However, that information was rather tucked away in the depths of a very long thread, so you can't really blame people if they didn't see it.

Just politely inform them of their error and move on...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Darkbane
    You mean people in this forum think???

As it was stated that the new skill budget would be used in all post 14.4 nanos, and that the mechanisms to make use of that budget would be introduced in the Shadowlands patch and Shadowlands itself...

However, that information was rather tucked away in the depths of a very long thread, so you can't really blame people if they didn't see it.

Just politely inform them of their error and move on...

Isnt it greaat that we have to pay the cost of those new skill budgets... and not have the ksill budgets implimented yet? I guess this is just FC's sucky, way of dealing with it.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Talking Note got warped

Original post was in the next patch forum in an attempt to somehow explain to whiners that claim to not being able to selfcast the new nanos, that there actually might be a way with the extra points. Well I guess only time will tell
    Oops this was meant as a reply to another thread...simply ignore it hehe
    Last edited by Evildiddy; Oct 21st, 2002 at 15:37:29.

Talking Note got warped

Original post was in the next patch forum in an attempt to somehow explain to whiners that claim to not being able to selfcast the new nanos, that there actually might be a way with the extra points. Well I guess only time will tell

Arrow

Originally posted by Turin

Isnt it greaat that we have to pay the cost of those new skill budgets... and not have the ksill budgets implimented yet? I guess this is just FC's sucky, way of dealing with it.
    Not particularly, no... But whether its sucky or not is rather beside the point, its the way it is, the whether-or-not of it has been done already.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Well

I for one don't see what is so bad about implementing the new nanos at this point. At least we get to see what is being done and what might be available later. Consider EQ for example: If you don't have the expansion packs you cannot go to some of the continents, that doesn't mean they don't exist for others. I hardly think it's an issue there, so why would it be here ? The same applies to the so called extra points you get to specialize or whatever you want to call it (Still assuming here that the information on that webpage is accurate).
    At least that's how I see it.