62 8.55%
  • New Shadowlands Mission

251 34.62%
  • Towerwars changes

244 33.66%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: You decide, first edition!

Vote for new Instance :O

Btw. you could make an Instance for Towerwars like in Elder Scrolls Online (Mission Zones with Quests and Rankings and Towerspots to defend/attack around the hole area)... I love it - that makes so much fun to fight there...
    But without an realy good rebalancing - i wont play pvp in Anarchy Online because it is to ridiculous...
    Last edited by Alves; Apr 12th, 2014 at 01:27:38.
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

oh well who ned assists, i would quit ao if you ned assist for pvm. i killed all bosses ingame with 3 people evry now and then the last years and never used assist and pwnt the bosses easy, only boss i havent encounterd as a 3 man team is sector 42.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    You can get things done now even with the low population, with that mindset, but as to not argue that point... I was simply stating that I hope they do not chip away at the core concept of the game. All of the efforts they're putting into NPE, Engine, rebalance, etc are (I'd imagine) with the hopes that it'll attract and retain more people. It is a MMORPG and they're making changes with the hopes to increase the MMO part so I'd hope they don't remove the RPG piece. And if people hate RP of any kind they probably shouldn't play RPG's or if they play AO.. just roll neutral.
    To clarify, I hate the RP within the RPG. Treating others a certain way solely based their faction...example being someone refusing to buff someone (not at wartime) because they are a different faction, someone selling something at a higher price to someone of a different faction or refusing to team with someone because of faction (pvm endgame or lower). That's where I think it's stupid. I'm all for the omni vs clan at towers and such.
    Based God.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    To clarify, I hate the RP within the RPG. Treating others a certain way solely based their faction...example being someone refusing to buff someone (not at wartime) because they are a different faction, someone selling something at a higher price to someone of a different faction or refusing to team with someone because of faction (pvm endgame or lower). That's where I think it's stupid. I'm all for the omni vs clan at towers and such.
    Why not in wartime?

If you pvp-attack the opposing side and not your own you are indeed adhering to the rp/storyline aspect to ao.

As I said with pvp, if you go in to a battlestation and avoid direct combat (due to unfair sides or you being in a medsuit), you are actually pvp'ing, as you are attempting to outplay players and not AI. Not all is advanced pvp-players or roleplayers tho.

I agree with jill here. The political conflict is a important to the game. I hope they make more of it.

Edit:
    I recently got killed by 2 agents of the opposing side while zoning into Borealis. That is the world many (maybe most) 'pvp'ers' enjoy and log in to experience and participate in. The fictional political conflict between clan and omni-tek is the premise for these battles.
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 12th, 2014 at 09:56:34.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

So far 482 active accounts confirmed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

No, you can vote with inactive account.

so i wasnt wrong thinking pvpers are the vocal minority on the forums
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargle View Post
    So far 482 active accounts confirmed?
    i dont think,
    i did not vote and i play since 2003 and registered at this forum since 2008.
    a lot player did not use this forum.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorOfMAnkind View Post
    so i wasnt wrong thinking pvpers are the vocal minority on the forums
    it's almost half the voters
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Thumbs down

I vote for a hardening version aka fix the fscking bugs/exploits we all know instead of implementing features to grow up some more Blockwart / chiefly

Quote Originally Posted by mcpala View Post
    I vote for a hardening version aka fix the fscking bugs/exploits we all know instead of implementing features to grow up some more Blockwart / chiefly
    Huh? Could someone translate please.
    Last edited by Gunforhire; Apr 12th, 2014 at 12:57:07.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    it's almost half the voters
    It isn't just pvp'ers voting for tower wars upgrade mate.

Yeah this game has like 20 pvpers atm.

I have to agree here. I don't go for pvp, don't find it fun or see the point in it. I don't not play with somebody because of a choice they made (often a quick choice made biased because of a friend who introduced was that side or from some other uninformed view that brought you to making the decision you did.) i understand that not everybody shares this view but i would quite happy play with players of an opposing faction and refuse to play with people of my own side. It isn't a three second choice at the beginning of the game that determines my likelihood of playing with anyone. More how i perceive their attitude and or level of friendliness. There are many of my own faction who i would not play with in favour of some from the opposing factions. I don't need a side to make friends. I have that abilty all on my own. Obviously where the content demands it i stick to my own such as inf mish/garden keys and what not but I've found in ny years in the game that time spent on such things is a massive minority compared with things in game that can be done open faction.

**Edit** i chose for 220 content due to not wanting to not vote but seriously think there should been 1pvp choice and one pvm choice.
    Last edited by gresh; Apr 12th, 2014 at 17:02:53.

All my toons belong obviously to some faction. I do not.

I agree that some things are and should stay separated by faction, but otoh there is some content that is not sided and it makes no sense in pushing players to play separate. Aliens are supposed to be a threat to all, as are the dustbrigade and SL brink mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    All my toons belong obviously to some faction. I do not.

I agree that some things are and should stay separated by faction, but otoh there is some content that is not sided and it makes no sense in pushing players to play separate. Aliens are supposed to be a threat to all, as are the dustbrigade and SL brink mobs.
    Yep, exactly. I agree completely with what you've stated.

The thing is, this whole line of conversation wasn't about aliens, the db or even sl brink mobs but started by someone asking for new SL missions to be implemented that allow clan and omni to team together. I don't see how that fits in with much of anything in SL. The redeemed/unredeemed aren't working together there as far as I've seen from any mission/quest line/npc. Yes they share a common enemy in the brink mobs but that's never resulted in a combined effort against them (or someone correct me if I'm wrong.. I quite often get game lore mixed up). In-game practice on RK2 (no idea how things worked on RK 1/3), Clan had their own side in Ado, Omni had theirs and neutrals went to either. The same applied to outdoor leveling spots in inferno. Generally you had spots that were all omni or all clan (either mixed with neutrals.. though normally they were with omni) and it was rare that you invited someone from the opposite faction to team even though you could. Even if you liked the 'enemy' you still ran the risk of someone accidentally (or intentionally) attacked your faction's mob and screwing with your faction.

The bigger issue is the fact that there are many people that have no interest, when playing faction X to team with faction Y. I guess my question to anyone wanting to team any faction on any toon; 'If you don't care about the conflict between omni and clan then why isn't your toon neutral?'
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 12th, 2014 at 18:51:05.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

As long as ive done brink mobs on rk1 I have done so in mixed teams. Yes there has been the odd sided mob that goes down and often some cuss words and begrudged comments have followed but generally these occasions have either been from a new player who didnt know or some bored griefer who just wants to cause trouble for others who often quickly was ejected from the team. In ado (which is probably where ive spent the bigger portion of time on brink mobs over all) Clan side hecks are way easier/quicker to get to. Especially on a lower toon just starting at ado hecks. Clan side is the side I always went to first if I didnt have a team before heading out there as that side is the side where people would be likely to be if there was anybody out hunting hecks.

There doesnt have to be any originating lore that says different factions can play together in sl for missions. We are intelligent beings... we can make that choice for ourselves. Down my street there is an empty building. It used to be a shop. There is talk that they are going to refit the shop out and turn it into a pub. Should I get my placards out because there has never been a pub there before? something like this could easily be written into the lore. "A new group of explorers have moved into the shadowlands after results of a series of tests performed by the yuttoccra became widely available through rubika showing that blah blah blah." The new missions do not need to be related to any side. They dont have to be redeemed or unredeeemed. They could be something completely new and unrelated.

To Answer your question Jill from my viewpoint... Why not. My side was chosen within minutes of first ever logging in. I chose my side because I was introduced by a friend who stopped playing a month later where as I remained. I guess I didnt have the insight everyone else had when choosing aside as unfortunately I lacked the ability to know every single player on any particular side dis-allowing me the ability of being able to choose the side I would most get on with. Over the first few months I started making friends in game which ultimately led on to joining an org. Over the years Orgs closed down and new ones opened and I joind the org im in now. None of that however stops me from being able to meet players i havent yet come into contact with. When this happens Im quite capable of being able to judge how my interaction with them went. If it went pleasingly I open up to the possibility of them becoming friends. If it goes the otherway... im quite capable of going the otherway. None of this is influenced by which sides badge I or they wear. I didnt choose neut for two reasons.

The first of which being that I had no clue on what kind of thing was being asked when I was asked to join the side of the NPC asking me.
    The second being that I dont care about the sided thing. Not being into pvp it really has no bearing on how I play or who I play with. What does is how people are that I play with.

To choose neutral just so I could play alongside omni and clan alike is getting involved in the conflict. I dont get involved with the conflict so I stay the faction I originally chose and just make friends with who I like.

I will never buff a clan ever again because of this: I was in Stret West Bank at the wompah and a clanner asked me for a buff. I didn't notice they were flagged so being a nice guy I buffed them. They immediately ganked me! So much for helping the other faction. Obviously they were flagged purposely to do exactly what they did - gank unsuspecting Omni. So please don't preach to me about how we should help each other no matter what faction. I do believe you are being naïve. There are obvious situations where it is unwise for Omni to help Clan and vice-versa.
    Last edited by Gunforhire; Apr 12th, 2014 at 21:25:24.

Faction loyalty is good for creating action, which is good for keeping things interesting, which is good for the gane. Noone wants to play "Cooperation to kill npc online".
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    Faction loyalty is good for creating action, which is good for keeping things interesting, which is good for the gane. Noone wants to play "Cooperation to kill npc online".
    Thank you. you said it in a lot fewer words than I ever could

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    There doesnt have to be any originating lore that says different factions can play together in sl for missions.
    You're right and i'm just exercising my right to disagree with any such suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    To Answer your question Jill from my viewpoint... Why not. My side was chosen within minutes of first ever logging in.
    Well I'm saying that just because some people opted to ignorantly choose a random side doesn't mean its fair to start limiting the playstyle of others. There is still the option to go neutral and they can correct their choice while people that want to play the game as it was designed (side vs side conflict) can continue to do so. I can go into how it limits others if you want but it'll just start another long discussion on playstyle choice.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 12th, 2014 at 23:31:37.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast