Thread: OTPC Freelance: Clans building Cyborg army?

OTPC Freelance: Clans building Cyborg army?

OTPC Freelance: Clans building Cyborg army?
    February 26th, 29488

Clan terrorists may be conspiring to use illicit Cyborg technology in their efforts to overthrow the Corporation.

The OTPC can reveal that earlier this month the prominent terrorist Kotras 'Kotts' Clay sent a direct message to the office of CEO Eva Pourais to demand a 'radiogenic isotope focuser' from the Medical Department, a prototype scanner for identifying specific gene sequences, and locating then on a planetary scale; down to an accuracy of 0.125 metres.

Only a few days later, with the egregious demand naturally not being met, the focuser and several other prototypes were stolen in a raid on the Omni-Med facility in The Longest Road.

When news broke of the raid, which places many thousands of lives in danger, Mr. Clay poured scorn by remarking "To think. All someone has to do is check her messages, and it would save her life."

Readers will recall that a Cyborg outpost in Perpetual Wastelands was raided by a band of forty members of the Sentinel Clan in late November last year. The raid was conducted with calculated efficiency: the corpses were harvested for all cybernetic material, with all organic material left behind.

Among the recently stolen items from Omni-Med is a regenerator for cybernetic technology that could potentially be used to grow Cyborgs from existing parts.

In the midst of this, the Knights of Avalon appear to have mended their rift with the Sentinels seen last summer, and are attempting to distract public attention from the events on the ground with 'visions' and 'prophecies' from the Shadowlands, possibly in collusion with the Redeemed.

It seems possible that the Clans orchestrated the recent raid in The Longest Road and now plan to use the products of their theft to construct a Cyborg army from the parts that they have gathered.

And so it begins.

Present facts, just... rearrange them.

Last summer, you were more efficient against what's coming back to bite you in the arse: leftovers from an unfinished job you bragged about doing.

When you see a dog with foam at the mouth, barking at you, about to fall in a ravine, do you try to save it or do you let it fall?

Good luck... We'll need it as much as you will.

As a scientists with several degrees including a doctorate, I should let the public know that much of our current technology, including Grid technology has been discovered and based from Cyborg technology. Granted, the evolution of said technology has been reproduced and has been basically homogenized for every day use. This is not classified information kids. Educate yourself.

Also, the item stolen in question - with admittance from OTPC was not a device of Clan creation. So, why would OT need a device that regrows cyborgs? I can think of*cough*anyone*caugh*b-units*cough* that would need that.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

The Omni-Tek Press Corp is well known for speculating and pointing fingers with little to no base in the facts. Perhaps it just irks you that the clans also do intel work, that we also have talented people working on important things, and that our efforts to stop a threat to the general population of Rubi-Ka might surpass your own? How embarrassing that would be to the corporation, that the "simple" clans might know things that you do not.

So you throw out accusations and retort to trying to pin whatever crime you can think of prominent clan leaders, without first taking a good, hard look into your own ranks! Classy, indeed.

Its no secret there either. Omni-reform has secret programs and experts in 'behavioural modification' so that whatever lies they can come up can universally be accepted amongst each other as absolute truth. Its super effective too, and if there is one defective citizen they just throw them back into the ooze and they can attempt to re-create the perfect citizen. Like.. drones.

Its hard to argue with people who are convinced they cannot do wrong, despite all the wrong that actually occurs.

Irony also: "Distract public attention" I laughed at this.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    Its no secret there either. Omni-reform has secret programs
    ...uhuh.

The OTPC can reveal that earlier this month the prominent terrorist Kotras 'Kotts' Clay sent a direct message to the office of CEO Eva Pourais

Wow, some clean slate, Andrew...

Kotts contacted your boss. I think he was counting in some of that cooperation incensed by your boss incensed at the Board this summer. The one where she invited those who worked and risked a lot to help you guys get rid of your Ares Project problem, Serugiusu and her B-Units.

If the Clans were indeed rebuilding B-Units, we wouldn't need a Radiogenic isotope focuser to locate them. That technology can track like nothing else. In fact, it can track what came upon us all last summer.

Kelasar wished Omni-Tek would address the problem as well and act responsibly. Wishful thinking. Instead, I see a lot of a lot of cover up and mud flinging. Close your eyes really hard and pretend it's not happening won't make it go away.

And you both refused that invitation, as I recall. This highfalutin tripe might have more substance if you had actually made an effort to cooperate in other ways than out of sheer necessity.

If you had access to your CEO's correspondance, you'd say otherwise.

What happened to working together against that which threatens us all? Was all that we went through last year together really for nothing? Why all this mistrust again?

If it really had been Sentinels raiding the Omni-Tek Facility in The Longest Road, wouldn't you think that Omni-Pol and the OTPC would have been more than happy to state this? Instead they used the phrase "unique-clad individuals"; that alone tells me that someone is hiding something.
    Cathleen 'Loriah' Spansgaard
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Loriah View Post
    What happened to working together against that which threatens us all? Was all that we went through last year together really for nothing? Why all this mistrust again?
    With you there....just for a while it looked like things were going to take a turn for the better. Sadly I guess once the overarching threat dissolves it doesnt take people long to get back to buisness as usual.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Loriah View Post
    I've asked myself this same question every time people seem to come together and then fall apart again. What always seems to be the case is that trust was never really established in the first place. We worked together for the moment, and then in lieu of any other common enemy, the fingers go back to pointing at each other. This is a common theme.

This is me being serious too. I am a clanner, and my war was never on Omni-tek. But, I have to suffer listening to uneducated fools who do nothing but spew hate and stir pots like they are making careers of it.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

A genuine, serious question, then. What was and is your war on?

Ignorance.

It creeps into everything, and everyone, even including me. Its the one thing next to daily meals that is common across all borders and boundries. There is not a single problem in this verse that cannot be solved with the right focus, patience, and understanding. Ignorance is the worst sort of thing I can think of. If it doesn't destroy, it continuously puts things at a disadvantage for those that need advantages, and gives advantages to those that seek selfish opportunities.

There are people in this world that wield ignorance like a weapon, and use other people's ignorance against them, to harm. Why? What do you gain? I'm not a religious nutjob or anything, but I do love culture and all its beauty. This crap we all get so pissed about? Its a tempest of control machines all slapping each other like crazy children. This is what bothers me the most about ignorance. People seem to think that the world is out there to be molded and shaped, when in fact its the world that is there to mold and shape the individual.

I make a lot of jokes at times, but this is something that I'll never joke about. All of this deathdealing, destruction, and hatred for each other has never gotten us anywhere in the past twenty some thousand years. Listen to that number again. 20,000+.

If all that disappeared overnight, and just accepted our differences and just learned to live together without all this ridiculous level of assumed privelege, I dare say there's no limit to what we could learn collectively.

But, thats a hard path to walk. Lazy people would just rather lock and load than pick up a book or a tech manual and learn something useful.
    Last edited by Towerblock; Feb 28th, 2014 at 06:20:16.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Ignorance.
    There's much power to be gained by controlling information and knowledge. Controlling knowledge enables to control people, stealing away their possibility to make enlightened decisions. It's not just about presenting truth... it's about presenting all of it. It's not that hard to offer carefully chosen bits of information that can be verified, but leave out what would put it under an unfavorable light.

There's some people who are more interesting for what they don't say than for what they actually talk about.

There are people in this world that wield ignorance like a weapon, and use other people's ignorance against them, to harm. Why? What do you gain?
    Power and control, as you point out further in your message. To some, it has a very strong appeal in itself. One can be nearly gods if they have such control and power.

People seem to think that the world is out there to be molded and shaped, when in fact its the world that is there to mold and shape the individual.
    It's a point of view... Did you ever wonder if the challenge could be to find the adequate balance between both?

Quote Originally Posted by Tussa View Post
    A genuine, serious question, then. What was and is your war on?
    That question is good enough that I want to answer...

I fight against principles and values that aim at choking freedom and gaining excessive control over people.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post
    It's a point of view... Did you ever wonder if the challenge could be to find the adequate balance between both?
    Yes, and its not a sustainable practical solution with the current situation as is, and doubly so if the B-units had their way. In a perfect world, sure. But, not today.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing, but here's not the place for me to discuss that. Try me over a coffee!

Sure.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

People seem to think that the world is out there to be moulded and shaped, when in fact its the world that is there to mould and shape the individual.
    Whilst the environment we have needs to be protected, without human endeavour and, yes, a certain imposition of will, there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect.

Quote Originally Posted by Encyros View Post
    Whilst the environment we have needs to be protected, without human endeavour and, yes, a certain imposition of will, there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect.
    A 'certain' imposition of will. You make it sound like it were having a disagreement over tea.

And the natural splendor type of environment was not the sort of environment I was talking about.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...