Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Meta-Physicist NPE Nano Changes - Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Btw @ Essch, I dont think u can say pistols are any less viable than before, however bow got back up to par on the AR part. So choosing between bow and pistol is harder again. The added AS on Ranger line does give Bow Mps the advantage of taking out the AS eye again though and putting back in the Alpha Support Eye. This in turn can free up CoNC for another perkline and im currently playing around with dropping Ancient Knowledge aswell for Atrox Secondairy in my case for the added evades at the right stages in pvp. Ive not yet tested on fixers but I think with the higher base AR I will also be perking fixers once again. However the perk damage became lower with me perking Atrox Secondairy, instead the Ranger perks do have a nice damage amount. But in the end I overall lost. The tricky part now is putting the perks in the right order as the attack time on some perks is right out slow.
    Sadly not enough AR to perk stuff w/o MR :/ But the AS part is great I'm thinking of turning into more nanoskills as a nm MP to land debuffs and Dazzle easier(or just dont perk Ranger and go to NM genome, but I dont like being defensive)
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I know being an MP is rough, but this isn't the answer, Justin!
    Heh - a doc came into the OA clothing store where I was doing the control test and seemed very confused. He kindly, if unhelpfully, tried to save me from myself with HOTs.

Ettu and Zhok have the same level lock, but different nano requirements and nano scaling. Theoretically, Ettu will be useful to 201 MPs who can't meet the nanoskill requirements to cast Zhok. In practice, I doubt Ettu gets used. Pushing nanoskills high is kind of what we're good at. Might make sense to drop Ettu's level lock to 195, as you suggest, but I'm guessing Michizure has knowingly decided against doing so, as I suggested lowering the level locks of both Biazu and Ettu. I do not know the reasoning, but these days am fairly willing to trust his judgment. Maybe Ettu is thought to be too strong for the 151-200 BS?

So that means MPs will now go from 201 til 220 with the same pet? Or will a new one be added to 212 maybe?
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    So that means MPs will now go from 201 til 220 with the same pet? Or will a new one be added to 212 maybe?
    Maybe they will drop Rihwen to 212 when they introduce the long waited Notun Scourge.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Well, kind of. SL pets other than The Rihwen scale with nanoskills now. So while you'll just have Zhok, he'll start as a level 200 pet and scale all the way up to a level 219 pet at 2050 MC/TS.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Well, kind of. SL pets other than The Rihwen scale with nanoskills now. So while you'll just have Zhok, he'll start as a level 200 pet and scale all the way up to a level 219 pet at 2050 MC/TS.
    sorry but when is the first SL pet available?

Does that mean at, say, 160ish you could twink the crap out of TS/MC with an SL pet and get him into a high SL level equivalent?

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    sorry but when is the first SL pet available?

Does that mean at, say, 160ish you could twink the crap out of TS/MC with an SL pet and get him into a high SL level equivalent?
    It's available at lvl 150 now. Biazu.
    I was thinking the same, but if I understand the new mechanic about the scaling Pets right, Biazu could not get better than Urolok (lvl 195). It's sort of a "cap", because a new nano begins. (correct me if I'm wrong)
    But still, a lvl 194 SL pet at lvl 150 is kinda op.

It's available at lvl 150 now. Biazu.
    I was thinking the same, but if I understand the new mechanic about the scaling Pets right, Biazu could not get better than Urolok (lvl 195). It's sort of a "cap", because a new nano begins. (correct me if I'm wrong)
    But still, a lvl 194 SL pet at lvl 150 is kinda op.
    How OP?

Like, is it the same as a 150 MA wearing a set of 194 CC, for example?

Or, like an enf wearing 265 CM and a QL 260 Sword of wonder + a 245 kyr axe?

is a 194 pet that OP? just hypothetical questions of course... I have no idea what the answer is since I dont' know anything about what differentiates a SL pet from an RK pet (assume it's AR... but what about the damage template?)

The big differences between SL and RK pets are AR and AC. This is the test live nano for Biazu https://tl.aoitems.com/item/225896/ . Currently, Biazu is level 170 and the best possible Biazu on Test Live is level 180. So there's not going to be a 194 SL MP pet running loose on the battle station. TEP, the top meatball is the best RK pet other than the top urn summon, and his base AR is 563 while Biazu's is 1224. SL MP pets tend to have decent AR, fast attack rate and weak damage templates - so far as I know, Biazu's damage template is worse than TEP or Caco. Biazu has about 10% less health than Caco, but will probably have roughly equal health at lvl 180 rather than 170. He's got 5390 AC against 3190 for Caco and 2590 for TEP (Transcendent Enmity Personification ). His attack rate is roughly equal to TEP's, and both are faster than Caco (which is why TEP is better than Caco in most circumstances). Caco hits harder, but slower. Esssch tested fully buffed pet DPM a few years ago, and on high AC targets TEP is 57,960 DPM and Biazu is 60,180 DPM (though that was with endgame buffs, which make a huge difference compared to what is available at 150). So it will be a boost, but closer to the MA than the Enf in your two examples most likely.
    Last edited by JustinSane4; Feb 18th, 2015 at 04:24:13.

Biazu cant be OP because it wasnt OP at lvl 165 and the difference aint that big. I have a 150 MP twink i was toying with in pvp and it simply wasn't good. The best thing was NSD that will be gone now and main dd source came from nukes, TEP hardly ever hit any decent characters, skeleton was a bit better but still working as poor mans dot at his best.

BTW can you dual wield Zset on test? If so, why not lower shields?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I assumed that when Biazu levels up, his AR and everything will go up too. Is that not the case? If he stays as he is now, then yes, I take it back. Not op.

@Ciex Yes, Zset is 1hb now and can be dual wielded.

I assumed that when Biazu levels up, his AR and everything will go up too. Is that not the case? If he stays as he is now, then yes, I take it back. Not op.
    Pet's stats do increase with their level. However, as I was saying, the current Biazu is level 170 and the top nano-scaling Biazu is 180. That's not going to be enough to tip him into OP. The other thing you've got to consider is that a lot of professions can twink crazy weapons on at 150. You've got Docs with Doc pistols, Advs with SSoS, Engies with IMEP, McKnuckleSamwich's example of an Enf with QL 260 Sword of Wonder/ QL 245 Kyr Axe, etc. A level 180 SL pet might seem OP in a vacuum, but really it just levels the playing field somewhat with all the OP weapons other professions can use at 150. If everyone is OP, no one is OP.

Pet's stats do increase with their level. However, as I was saying, the current Biazu is level 170 and the top nano-scaling Biazu is 180. That's not going to be enough to tip him into OP. The other thing you've got to consider is that a lot of professions can twink crazy weapons on at 150. You've got Docs with Doc pistols, Advs with SSoS, Engies with IMEP, McKnuckleSamwich's example of an Enf with QL 260 Sword of Wonder/ QL 245 Kyr Axe, etc. A level 180 SL pet might seem OP in a vacuum, but really it just levels the playing field somewhat with all the OP weapons other professions can use at 150. If everyone is OP, no one is OP.
    I didn't mean to compare the pet to players weapons. My point was more the BiazuAR vs Players Evades. I don't have a 150 PvP toon, I just thought that Biazu *could* have way more AR than anyone could get Def/Evades when he levels up too high. So is his AR 1224 on 180, or is it the current?

I didn't mean to compare the pet to players weapons. My point was more the BiazuAR vs Players Evades. I don't have a 150 PvP toon, I just thought that Biazu *could* have way more AR than anyone could get Def/Evades when he levels up too high. So is his AR 1224 on 180, or is it the current?
    Pets to player weapons is absolutely the appropriate comparison. Our pet is our primary weapon.

1224 is his current AR. I don't know how to test for AR unfortunately, so I can't get a stat for his AR at 180 - the 1224 is from Xtremtech's old MP guide (which is still quite valuable all these years later).

Stealth buff in 18.7.0.21: SoZ now sets the nanofocus flag for summoned weapons, meaning that dual-SoZ builds can use the staff pet buff nanos. Cool.

Ive no idea how much def other people have but my little 150 MP sits at around 1900-1920 evade close (including aad). Not the best setup ever but also not that bad. Biazu will be most likely the best 150 pet out of 3 pet profs but it sounds ok as MP has the lowest offensive power. Buffed engi slayerdroid should be a bit over 1k, no idea whats ar of the new dog but dogs in general have higher ar than main robots so it will be similar to Biazu. You need to remember that pets are easy to kite, debuff, cc etc. so plain ar doesnt mean much, especially in mass pvp. If i remember correctly lvl 165 locked Biazu was unable to outdamage heal delta of my afk-sitting 170 enforcer so it wasnt really any special. Nowadays people with decent setups just ignore TEP and i can hardly notice it hitting any decent characters and skeleton aint much better.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive no idea how much def other people have but my little 150 MP sits at around 1900-1920 evade close (including aad). Not the best setup ever but also not that bad. Biazu will be most likely the best 150 pet out of 3 pet profs but it sounds ok as MP has the lowest offensive power. Buffed engi slayerdroid should be a bit over 1k, no idea whats ar of the new dog but dogs in general have higher ar than main robots so it will be similar to Biazu. You need to remember that pets are easy to kite, debuff, cc etc. so plain ar doesnt mean much, especially in mass pvp. If i remember correctly lvl 165 locked Biazu was unable to outdamage heal delta of my afk-sitting 170 enforcer so it wasnt really any special. Nowadays people with decent setups just ignore TEP and i can hardly notice it hitting any decent characters and skeleton aint much better.
    From what I've heard, the 150 doggie is a bit of a monster. Hits hard, 28,000 health (for comparison, Biazu has 22,000 currently). And an excellent point that our current pets have simply gotten obsolete. TEP is a pet that's been in the game since launch, so far as I know. Also, for MPs that are just leveling, they've been using the same pet somewhere from 30 to 60 levels by the time they hit 150. I remember wishing so very much I could finally get an SL pet by that point. It was frustrating.

I just realized that Doctors have vastly better nukes than us now. Malp can be cast in PvM in 18.7.0.21, and with all 3 DoTs running on the target does 3,500 to 5,000 damage, 1 sec capped cast time, 1 second recharge, 4 second lockout. Docs can now do (against high AC) 56,820 nuke DPM alternating Malp and first degree burns (not counting DoT DPM), while we top out at 32,850 . Crat nukes got buffed too. They can do 49,273 nuke DPM now against 35,955 before against high AC targets. With a strong NR debuff now too.

Edit: If we were to get back even with Crats, we'd need MIGL to do 1,642-2,444 damage with the MIMQ debuff running rather than the current 1,033-2125.
    Last edited by JustinSane4; Feb 22nd, 2015 at 05:40:16.

Stealth buff in 18.7.0.21: SoZ now sets the nanofocus flag for summoned weapons, meaning that dual-SoZ builds can use the staff pet buff nanos. Cool.
    Wtb Tigress getting this aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Poko View Post
    Wtb Tigress getting this aswell
    Same.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast