Thread: TL 5 keeper pvp

TL 5 keeper pvp

Hey guys,
    I just wanted some opinions on the current state of Keeper pvp. The lvl I had in mind is lvl 170, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience on/around that lvl, as a keeper.

What do you guys find to be the best combo of perks?
    Imminence or Ward in pvp?
    Evade vs Offence keeper? (what have you tried, and find to work out the best)
    Mass pvp vs Duel equipp.
    AS/SA swapps?
    What proffs do you find hard to deal with?
    Roots, snares, CC in general, is/was it a real problem for you?
    Weapons, AI wepp, ofab wepp or SL wepp?

I am not looking for a guide on how to play a keeper, but I am interested in hearing different opinions on the subject. Greatfull for any replies, from any lvl keepers really

PS: Sorry I broke the silence in the keeper forums :3

Wait for Noobas to post. He has loads of experience on his TL5 Keeper.
    Only thing I'll chime in on, is Imminence > Ward. At that level Ward will block 1 attack every 44 seconds versus 32AAO/90AAD statically.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

@Waki

Had a small chat with Noobas in game yesterday, where I touched on a few of the subjects,
    but i'd like to know more of what other people think aswell

There's only a few other keepers at this level who might be able to provide input:

Sirbojtalot - (inactive) (same setup as mine)

Paganism - (inactive) not the same setup

Atkeb - not sure of status

Balkar - not sure of status

Serodin - I think I saw him within the last year

Wildboys - inactive/deleted

Which means you might not have many other sources of info.

I've had several discussions with [Sirbojtalot], but nothing in the last couple years. I can paraphrase our discussions though. He has the same setup as me (everything the same except for enduring feet symb whereas I use a HD imp, and he used a 250 NR LW, vs my persisting LW symb).

He used a different perk setup. He didn't use blessing I think, and opted for a bunch of perks in spatial displacement instead. But, afaik, he only played in BS where it was less of an issue if you died, and for him mobility outweighed healing.

He used BoKW and I think he really liked the stun proc.

I tried that for a while but got really tired of sinking my alpha into a coon and it not breaking (cold dmg/chem dmg/melee dmg/fire dmg) whereas, when you swap to a wolf you got much more aligned dmg towards melee

Paganism never twinked up the way me and bojts did. He did a QL 250 wolf, and went with CM hat, CM sleeves, a 275 chest, 2x igocs and the rest is similar. His setup didn't have 2s HD, got the melee init from enduring foot, had better AAD, about the same dodge, and similar AR.

Paganisms setup is decent, there's no question about it, and he did quite well: fast attack had faster recharge, he had very good AAO rating, weap was harder to go OE, had better add dmg, and slightly better evades, but his weapon didn't hit quite as hard and he certainly didn't have the HD fallback - IE, if he's out at war and getting chain rooted/double drained by a trader, he can't sit down and outheal him... whereas, with a 2s HD setup, you don't die in that situation, so you can call for help or wait for your buddy to show up.

Paganisms setup was good for duelling, and was decent in mass PVP, but lacked the punch that you get from an all out AR setup that bojt's and my keeper's setup has.

Wildboys/serodin/balkar/atkeb - not sure about these setups.

AFAIK, no 170 keepers used a swap.

The big issue for me is the Excalibur - since it got fast attack, the setup me and bojt's has will allow a hotswap (more than 1601 2he selfed... I think I have 1700ish), which means that you could, with a CC setup, and IP moved around, use a bow or supernova type thing.

I've lost the will to experiment with him, however, due to the effort that went into the last twink, and how well he performs without a swap.

@Noobas

Thanks for the answers
    One questions tho; How Much attack rating does your keeper have? Is it enough to perk most proffs? (Except maybe fixer/adv)

2100 static in mostly AR gear.

I can go a bit higher but it starts getting into the hairy territory where you feel a bit glass cannon-ey.

you can perk advy's in limber, generally, but if they have really nice TS towers, it's doubtful.

If an advy plays properly, you'll rarely have a chance to perk him.

fixers you can hit with feast.

In reality, you probably dont really need to perk either of these classes. An advy who you can't perk won't be able to perk you, so you aren't going to be taking heavy sustained dmg from him especially if you're rotating your defences, and swapping to evades during coon/DA/blind ring downtime.

Fixers can't kill you 1 on 1 so they aren't worth fussing over.

Otherwise, you can probably aim for a more balanced evades/AR setup for most applications.

ie. once you've got on your heavy AR setup, use most of your swappable slots for balancing out your evades. I also swap NR1 occasionally once buffed.

keeper really can't get that much NR, but NR1 does help resist some stuff vs non-full nano AR toons.

agreed with the last bit noobas, folk here ^.^, also a good person to contact for another opinion is aarlok/niilo/imez/jeonas

pretty experienced when it comes to keeper, not sure about mid tl5 though

my keeper (now at 214 due to not turning xp gains off after merge) was the only one to dump a pride of xan on at 200 (thanks to ali(demetrious) for letting me do 284 runs before it got WU nerfed, but dont have much to add to noobas' comments, pretty much hit the nail on the head

reason AR keeper works so well is more chance to hit > procs fire = more evades
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒