Thread: BS-controlpointcapping: No longer able to interupt casting when ranged attacks?

BS-controlpointcapping: No longer able to interupt casting when ranged attacks?

Has/why is this changed? IIRC sillirion-team made casting interuptable when ranged attacks as you cap after a lot of people had complained about it. It was really unfair when only melee intrupted the cast. Is it just me, or has this been changed recently? If it has then change it back to how it was intended to be. Pardon my expression, but if this was a 'exploit-fix' than you are really dumb and have no competence in pvp-balance.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

hmm.... Never seen it interrupted by ranged attacks at all

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    Same here, if ranged could interupt then the anti personal things could interupt which is lame
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Ranged has never been able to interrupt nano casting, without a stun.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I thought everyone knew ranged attacks could not interrupt casting, it's supposed to be one of the few attempts to balance melee against the ranged advantage. Complaining about this means you are not taking advantage of this, do not know how to counter it as a ranged player, or are not able to take advantage of it.

First, consider that you can freely attack someone attempting to cap as a ranged player, the target cannot cast anything and is stuck there only able to fight back with their weapons and perks if they are actually in range of you, which you can often avoid.

Second, you keep a melee weapon you can swap to like a microphone, dimach or sneak attack that player and interrupt the cap, then swap your weapon back on. If the player tries to cap again and you can not kill them in this length of time you should probably rethink your build.

Third, you are duel-wielding ranged weapons or an NT and have no real means of doing the swap or access to melee damage, which limits you to being a ranged advy, doctor, SMG sold, or fixer. This goes back to the first issue, however, in which the attacker has full advantage over whoever is capping.

Fourth, you can use stuns or especially the freak strength perkline to prevent players from capping once they are finished casting. Timed correctly a player's opportunity to cap after using the console can run out without them having the chance to cap, this requires a bit of experience in BS to get used to doing though, and generally I prefer just killing the player and capping back anyways.

I nominate gatester as the freak strength perk line representative for the universe.

Imo, you should make a thread indicating your successful ventures with it - notably your all shade beast run before SC healed the entire raid force.

but maybe others of us could also be enlightened about it (considering thread ^^?)

Freak Strength is mostly a user preference, but being something available to everyone and actually being viable against many things, I tend to have experience using it in various situations. A thread on it would be better if I was still actively subbed and could make sure I remember which affects what correctly but I'm not too motivated to make such a thread right now anyways.

It's a good tool and it is underrated, and for serious players it is something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    I think it was Sill (after much forum-qq) who made you able to jump to end the cast if u got attacked by ranged. If I am correct it has been changed recently, or has it? Official reply plz.

@FC
    If I am right, please change it back.

In general I must say, don't fix it if it is not broken. -_-
    Last edited by leetlover; Dec 5th, 2013 at 16:57:44.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Ok, you worded your OP in a way that leads people to think you are stating something entirely different from what you actually mean.

What we think you are saying is that ranged weapon damage should interrupt casting of control console capping.

What you are actually saying is that you thought there was a way to "stop" your casting of capping a control console so that you could fight back once a ranged player attacks you.

Unfortunately, you could never "stop" it, you were always left vulnerable, hence the risk of attempting to cap a console. What you can do, however, is still activate weapon specials or perks as long as you are in range. I would not expect an official reply on this, the whole balance of this was supposed to be "ranged can hurt you but they can't stop you". Sad thing about that is most professions can get around this using the techniques I described.

Press Esc to interrupt casting.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I nominate gatester as the freak strength perk line representative for the universe.

Imo, you should make a thread indicating your successful ventures with it - notably your all shade beast run before SC healed the entire raid force.

but maybe others of us could also be enlightened about it (considering thread ^^?)
    You mean I'm not the only person who's used it to stunlock raid mobs?
    Waiting for a cure.