Thread: [Global Market Interface] Show sales stats for items

[Global Market Interface] Show sales stats for items

Suggestion:
    So for example, if I were to search for an item, lets say Supple Lead Viralbots, I would be able to click a tab or button and see the last ~10 sales:

<2013-10-21>: QL 121 Supple Lead Viralbot | Buyer | Seller | Price
    <2013-10-24>: QL 101 Supple Lead Viralbot | Buyer | Seller | Price
    <2013-10-28>: QL 203 Supple Lead Viralbot | Buyer | Seller | Price
    <2013-11-02>: QL 300 Supple Lead Viralbot | Buyer | Seller | Price
    <2013-11-05>: QL 297 Supple Lead Viralbot | Buyer | Seller | Price
    <2013-11-12>: QL 214 Supple Lead Viralbot | Buyer | Seller | Price
    <2013-11-14>: QL 150 Supple Lead Viralbot | Buyer | Seller | Price
    <2013-11-14>: QL 130 Supple Lead Viralbot | Buyer | Seller | Price
    <2013-11-16>: QL 226 Supple Lead Viralbot | Buyer | Seller | Price
    <2013-11-18>: QL 231 Supple Lead Viralbot | Buyer | Seller | Price

Possibly you could even limit your search to only see sales from QLs between X and Y.

Why?:
    It would bring more stability to the market. As well as provide people with a hunch of what the AO players consider each item worth. Leading to fairer prices.
    It would perhaps inconvenience a few greedy people that try to "play the market", but for most of the players this would be a good thing. Not least for new players, which seems to be the focus of the staff right now

It will not fix the high prices of certain items, but it will be a big step in the right direction at least. Don't you agree?
    Last edited by Qualto; Dec 1st, 2013 at 12:32:48.
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Sales history for an item would be very nice indeed.

I don't see the use for the current stats that simply show the items with the highest quantity of sales without even showing the average sales price.

What I would like to see added to the GMI and/or stats is a way to look up what a given toon has for sale in the GMI. I am tired of having to log all my toons in to see if they have sold something or to see if they need to re-input expired sales. The GMI already has the toon's name available, why can't we go to a page and search on the seller's name?

Liwa

Why didn't this get any attention?

These are solid ideas and should be in game. The market stats are a mess, should also have printable logs to update to excel. Give the control back to the players.

bump
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Why is buyer/seller relevant information? Id say exclude it for the sake of privacy protection.

Always wanted to see sales history. Don't need historical buyer/seller, just how many of what were sold for what price ranges on X day. Preferably as a graph. Even Rift has that in now.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Well, I buy and resell all the time. I very open about it. I would have no issues with people seeing my name when I buy out stuff. They posted the price, I just bought it because I accepted what they wanted. I think its worth more.

Regardless of your stand point, I think this is a good idea that should be thought about. I sure there might be something we are missing.

Though of a new idea here, and it would be easy enough to add.

Lets not add fancy new statistics and hours more of new code. Lets just add 1 new statistic listed in the item add of "average paid price in last 30 days"

It would tell you tons of information and be very little coding work. Would give good buying information to the players, and also keep it anon. Would actually help sales if you think about it.

Definitely don't need anything fancy. I'd settle for:

- Last 10 transaction prices for each item and transaction DATE. DATE is very important to inform a player how often something sells.
    - Average washes thing out. I can do averages myself if I want so I'd rather have the raw prices.
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

Why not give GMI the option to have you as an "Anon" seller/buyer? Then, you could have it both ways Also, don't make it a "last 30 days" transaction history, but rather a "last 30 sold/bought" transaction history, with dates included (God knows there's items that can sit in GMI for months without being touched, and other that can't be there for five minutes before someones snatches them).
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

bump
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Nice idea.
    Also some sort of db access would be nice.
    For example to export timeseries to .xls or so.
    Obstacle1 - Fixer
    Pouritture - Engineer

bump
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]