Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: veteran points

veteran points

Something planned for the future regarding veteran points ?

When somebody submits for 1 year he gets some FP (Funcom points).
    But you are getting Veteran points for years spent with this game.

Currently i can see that some items from Veteran shop are available also in Item shop.

Although sometimes i do not understand prices. Like RK/SL recall beacon for 500 points and Insurance recall beacon for 1000. While in veteran shop RK/SL is for 10 while Insurance is for 50 !

Anyway Veteran shops does not get any love so far.
    So maybe it will be possible to buy from Veteran shop some FP ?
    So we can buy something from Item shop ?
    Last edited by EIS; Nov 29th, 2013 at 22:10:18.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

I suggested to at least add IPR's to vet booths...no response.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I suggested to at least add IPR's to vet booths...no response.
    Full IPR for 25 points please.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

everything in the shop as to be in veteran shop imo.
    fc policy for old customers is wierd, and that's why I canceled accounts lately.
    i waited to much for new engine, no free mounths, no items for oldskooler, no way to bypass some stuff you done hundred of time etc.
    but still bump for a review of vet shop
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    Full IPR for 25 points please.
    I bump this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdominaux View Post
    everything in the shop as to be in veteran shop imo.
    fc policy for old customers is wierd, and that's why I canceled accounts lately.
    i waited to much for new engine, no free mounths, no items for oldskooler, no way to bypass some stuff you done hundred of time etc.
    but still bump for a review of vet shop
    Don't leave dude I was about to revamp Spydoggy for the old glory days Hahahahaha.

I'd also bump the idea of "old schooler" items and "bypassing stuff you've done hundreds of times" (like Plausibility Ring quest or Inferno Garden Key quest, for example).
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Bazzit quest... Please ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Bazzit quest... Please ;D
    Scheol Quest with all the XP/SK rewards! Bazzit's is still quick and easy by comparison.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Allow vet points to purchase levels. Make it work like this. It would do no harm, and tons of good.

Levels 1-200 would cost 1 points each. 200 Vet points - Level 200.

Level 200-220 would cost 2 points each. 240 Vet points - Level 220.

AI Level 1-15 would cost 1 vet point. 15 Vet points - AI Level 15.

AI Level 15-30 would cost 2 vet point. 45 Vet points - AI Level 30.

Research would cost 1 vet point each. 70 Vet points - LE Level 70

In total. To get a completely leveled character. You would need 355 vet points.

This does not include any warp beacons, leet nanos, Insight nanos, vet backpack, yalm, or nano and health chargers.

Those things amount to 129 vet points.

And that does not include tokens. Which at 7 vet points each, add up very quickly.

Long story short. What you would have is people getting to a low twink level quickly. And then doing content related grinds for phats. (Finding teams). Or they would grind, and then use their vet points to finish off that really long, annoying part of the game. 215-220. Last 5 alien levels. Level 8-9-10 research.

Anyway, would be nice. Id like it.

Since you already made it possible to purchased level 200 for an obscene price. Why not make it possible for your most dedicated customers to have the same luxury.

I have played for 10+ years, almost 90% account paid and active. I only have 276 vet points.

I could not max out a character. And wouldn't. At best I would buy vet shop items, buy 50% of my tokens, then get some basic levels done (research, AI, Levels). Before I would spend the rest of my vet points. I might level to 100, grind max AI level, cap my research. Then I would do the unthinkable, and insta spawn a under-equip max level gimp. Who would be cannon fodder on the BS for a few months while I hunted down the phats I needed to enjoy him.
    Last edited by Herkulease; Dec 4th, 2013 at 19:51:26.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Not bad Herk.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post
    Allow vet points to purchase levels. Make it work like this. It would do no harm, and tons of good.

This does not include any warp beacons, leet nanos, Insight nanos, vet backpack, yalm, or nano and health chargers.

And that does not include tokens. Which at 7 vet points each, add up very quickly.

Long story short. What you would have is people getting to a low twink level quickly. And then doing content related grinds for phats. (Finding teams). Or they would grind, and then use their vet points to finish off that really long, annoying part of the game. 215-220. Last 5 alien levels. Level 8-9-10 research.

Since you already made it possible to purchased level 200 for an obscene price. Why not make it possible for your most dedicated customers to have the same luxury.

I have played for 10+ years, almost 90% account paid and active. I only have 276 vet points.

I could not max out a character. And wouldn't. At best I would buy vet shop items, buy 50% of my tokens, then get some basic levels done (research, AI, Levels). Before I would spend the rest of my vet points. I might level to 100, grind max AI level, cap my research. Then I would do the unthinkable, and insta spawn a under-equip max level gimp. Who would be cannon fodder on the BS for a few months while I hunted down the phats I needed to enjoy him.
    LOL, this would be all wrong ... sorry mate. That literally means I could have 12x/10x 220/30/70 in like 1 hour according to fact that I've got 430 Veteran points on my account which are re-newed on every new character I make. Not to mention that getting a leveling team, even in inferno can be really hard nowadays and this would make it even worse. In that case I could actually make a veteran account for any of my orgmate/friend with brand trasfered 430 VP and just make them to do the same and no one would notice this. So nope thanks.

edit: Just found out you can have 18 character slots on a paid account so this idea is even funnier. Sorry.
    Last edited by Hell; Dec 7th, 2013 at 12:39:58.
    ||| 220/30 MA - "Hellangel" |||
    ||| 220/30 Doc - "Leontynka" ||| 220/30 Crat - "Qanel"
    ||| 220/30 Fix - "Sure" ||| 220/30 Keeper - "Haqa"
    ||| 220/30 Enf - "Renai" ||| 172/24 Adv - "Partyzanka"
    ||| 220/30 Adv - "Dadey" ||| 150/20 MA - "Juda"
    ||| 220/30 Engi - "Hatatitla" ||| 110/12 ENF - "Peklo"
    ||| 220/30 NT - "Kituska" ||| 95/10 NT - "Piddltlipatz"
    ||| [Come Get Some] |||

Quote Originally Posted by eis View Post
    something planned for the future regarding veteran points ?

When somebody submits for 1 year he gets some fp (funcom points).
    But you are getting veteran points for years spent with this game.

Currently i can see that some items from veteran shop are available also in item shop.

Although sometimes i do not understand prices. Like rk/sl recall beacon for 500 points and insurance recall beacon for 1000. While in veteran shop rk/sl is for 10 while insurance is for 50 !

Anyway veteran shops does not get any love so far.
    So maybe it will be possible to buy from veteran shop some fp ?
    So we can buy something from item shop ?

b u m p ! ! !
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Dec 7th, 2013 at 17:55:02.

While this could potentially be a good idea, Hell's point about someone being able to insta make 10, 12 or 18 top of the line chars could easily ruin the game. Perhaps raising those estimated prices Herk talks about might make it work.

You want AI 30 or LE70? Go to your bank and transfer a crapload of cash to FC hehe. It's an elite service, and those tend to cost a lot.

Not a bad idea tho, so I KIDNA bump it ;p
    ¡Se habla español!

Hell is an extreme example of vet points. So yes, scale it up a bit so even he is inconvenienced by it.

Nanos, armor, hud/util/belt items and the twink gear to equip good symbiants for your level.

Id love to see how long it took someone to grind 18 burdens. Beast stars, all the quests required for the good nanos. Just buying up the regular nanos would be difficult itself. Setting up 18 GUI's in a manner that was functional ect... Getting the important items like Trimmers/2k absorb tank armor. Blind Rings. Stims. Grafts....1,000,000 other things.

What you would really have is some people making 1 or 2 characters and playing around with em.

A few nuts would try and make 6 for a team. And do something interesting with it. That's it. (No different then the people soloing end game bosses with Crat+Doc combo's, and selling loot for 1+billion.

I personally would enjoy an influx of players with crap armor/util/imps. All pvping or looking for teams to get their stuff done. Thats exactly what AO used to be like. Think we just got used to having next to nobody playing.

And in regards to "makin it too easy". I got past that when AI kills dropped from 60,000 to 1000. 2.5k Tokens became buyable with vet points. Levels became purchasable with cash. Rare spawn mobs became 20m Dynas, and every end game boss became an Instance. Don't forget the daily missions, and the kiting of hecklers that has become the way to Adonis.

It wouldn't ruin the game, might make it more lively though. I would personally make a Martial Artist.
    Last edited by Herkulease; Dec 9th, 2013 at 17:43:41.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Hell View Post
    LOL, this would be all wrong ... sorry mate. That literally means I could have 12x/10x 220/30/70 in like 1 hour according to fact that I've got 430 Veteran points on my account which are re-newed on every new character I make.
    Although vets with that many pts are not really going to be teaming anyway, mostly power lvling to 220 which can be done in a month truthfully.

Nanos, armor, hud/util/belt items and the twink gear to equip good symbiants for your level.

Id love to see how long it took someone to grind 18 burdens. Beast stars, all the quests required for the good nanos. Just buying up the regular nanos would be difficult itself. Setting up 18 GUI's in a manner that was functional ect... Getting the important items like Trimmers/2k absorb tank armor. Blind Rings. Stims. Grafts....1,000,000 other things.
    This is the only time vets really play the game honestly. Getting all those bits to flesh out the toon.

For vets that have been playing for years we pretty much have all the toons we want anyway. I don't see it as having a negative impact. Most vets team when they WANT to not because they NEED to.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I'd like to see more things added to the vet shop that cater to vets and their needs. I really dont see a problem with Herk's idea. Any time I have fiddled on test and I ask Auto for levels I have a completely naked 220/30/70 toon and I would need various nodrop gear as well as certain quests done to equip various armors, weapons and symbs. So there is some amount of work involved in gearing that toon via raids.

However, to be able to just bypass all of that (if you have that many VP) isn't really fun. You essentially dont learn the toon, dont get a feel for it, and the game becomes stale more quickly. But then again, at that point the game might just be stale, or at least certain aspects of it.

hecklerjuice! (and that bot that is on test that gives nanos and research) 15-20 vp, thx
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

his idea has some merit, though........ worth thinking about
    Quote Originally Posted by FILO_Gunfytr View Post
    QL 300 Rocket Launcher.....12K VPs
    1 Rnd Rocket Launcher Ammo........12K credz
    IPs to equip Rocket launcher............1001

Catching an NT with a Rocket Launcher in his hands................PRICELESS
    220/30/70 solitus soldier Satisguard

Hell is an extreme example of vet points. So yes, scale it up a bit so even he is inconvenienced by it.

What you would really have is some people making 1 or 2 characters and playing around with em.

A few nuts would try and make 6 for a team. And do something interesting with it. That's it. (No different then the people soloing end game bosses with Crat+Doc combo's, and selling loot for 1+billion.

I personally would enjoy an influx of players with crap armor/util/imps. All pvping or looking for teams to get their stuff done. Thats exactly what AO used to be like. Think we just got used to having next to nobody playing.

And in regards to "makin it too easy". I got past that when AI kills dropped from 60,000 to 1000. 2.5k Tokens became buyable with vet points. Levels became purchasable with cash. Rare spawn mobs became 20m Dynas, and every end game boss became an Instance. Don't forget the daily missions, and the kiting of hecklers that has become the way to Adonis.
    This is all very true. Especially the last part. FC has made this game way easier for the new generation than it was for us. Time to balance the equation perhaps.
    ¡Se habla español!

It wouldn't ruin the game, might make it more lively though. I would personally make a Martial Artist.
    I'm starting to like you Herk. if I could read, that would be great, but you make pretty words, so that is good enough! maybe one of these days melee adv and keeper will get attention, and I can read again, and my sex life won't be so bad. until then, you've typed out what I would have, if I knew how to type, so thanks buddy.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

12 years of vet points should allow me to use mongo rage as a solitus.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast