Thread: Clans unite in action!

Exclamation Clans unite in action!

Brothers and Sisters of the Clans! A new age is upon us. It is an age where a unity of the Clans is needed like never before. The Omni-Tek is ever greedy and the hunger for profit forever drives this covetous monster. The Omni-Tek can never give up, never let go, never abandon its need for profit. Such is the nature of it and nothing can be done to change it.

You think I am wrong? Tell me this, then. Why would the Omni-Tek have a Main Base located in the most northern part of the Clan territory, in Avalon? Right behind our backs! An army of Juggernauts, Slayerdroids and Shock Troops was stationed there! Why would Omni-Tek have such an army on our land? Do not be deceived – Omni-Tek covets all that we have!

Brothers and Sisters of the Clans! Tonight of all nights great deeds were done in the name of the Clans! A combined clan army from the ranks of Clan Anarchist Syndicate, Norwegian Berserkers, Red Tigers, Mercury Dragons, RK Mafia and Rubi-Ka Elite moved to remove the Omni-Tek threat from our land. Ranks upon ranks, they marched into the valley around the Main Base. Roads were flooded with detachments of troops assembling in battle formations, their armour glistening in the diminishing glow of the setting sun.

A battle was joined at the main entrance to the Base. And in that battle the Council of Ares was forged anew from the courage and blood of the united Clans! A truly united clan force defeated the army of corporate slaves, taking our at least 5 Juggernauts and the countless number of Slayerdroids and Shock Troopers. I have seen it with my own eyes and have wept at the glorious sight, as the waves of Omni-Tek reinforcements crushed against the clan troops and broke to pieces. We have defended our land and have planted fear into the hearts of our enemy! The Council of Ares was truly born.

The Omni-Tek suffered a heavy loss tonight. During the celebrations to honour the great victory, Clan leaders were contacted by an Omni-Tek representative, seeking parley! Shizara, an Omni “chosen” to carry out this job, said that “[the clan action] cost the corporation some... credits, not a few by any means”. She also gave us three days to apologize!!! Apologize for what? For taking that which belongs to us and forbidding Omni-Tek to threaten the Clans? Never! Tonight, Omni-Tek has seen the power of the united Clans! We shall fear the Serpent no more! And we will defend that which is ours!

Freedom to Rubi-Ka! Long live the Clans!

Fiqh
    Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

what? no screenies?
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Give it up Fiqh...

Clan leaders met and voted to call a cease fire...CAS and it's defunct CoA broke with that decision. You have no desire to "unite" the Clans, you directly went against a group decision.

If you were interested in a united Clan you would have respected the majority present during that vote. You simply have NO respect for authority unless it is your own.

Yes, we have quite a bit to worry about with the CoA military 'dictatorship'...this is no bid for Freedom and Democracy...plain and simple the CoA philosophy is "if it isn't our way then its the highway". Your attack, when we have been trying to work for a cease-fire, is proof enough of that.

Post Please keep up with the news, WE

First off, allow me to point out that CAS was not the only guild that has taken part in a defensive action against the Omni-Tek. Other guilds were present, as is evident from the 1st posting to this grid-thread.

Second off, on the "majority" decision. While I was not present at the meeting, my esteemed guild president, Redruum was, or so is my understanding. I am confident that Redruum took a proper and well thought out decision during the meeting and acted upon the circumstance as they were. Further on, you seem to be failing to understand that Omni-Tek does not see Clans as an equal, a partner to be negotiated with. All your hopes of a cease-fire supported by Omni-Tek are just that - hopes. False hopes, at that. Please allow me to reitirate Boss Ross's words:

"The current ceasefire agreement we have with the clans, the Tir Accord, is a document that was signed by me on behalf of the Omni-Tek Corporation and Henry Radiman on behalf of the united clans.

...it’s impossible for us to uphold an agreement where the other party is gone, and has less influence than ever over the people they are meant to control. It would be too dangerous, too careless, and we can’t afford such a predicament.

The Tir Accord is no longer accepted as an official agreement by Omni-Tek, and the entire planet – through the lease given us by the ICC - is now under the exclusive jurisdiction of Omni-Tek, Rubi-Ka Division... "

If you are interested in legal matters, I have been assured by our lawyers that this is all the intergalactic court would be interested in, the rest - a mere statement of intention and is non-binding. We have been given notice - move out or be crushed, the only thing they think about is notum, as they always did.

I beg you not to delude yourselves with false hopes. How can Omni-Tek grant you a cease-fire if it does not consider you to be a "party" it feels it can deal with?

Thirdly. I have stated before and I shall state so again. I have no wish to govern anyone, I wish no part in telling the people how to live. I only ask to unite for common defense to meet a threat that is an evil shadow upon all clans. Where you got that ridiculous idea about "CoA military 'dictatorship'" I trully got no clue. And I do not fight for a democracy. I only fight for freedom. Your understanding of democracy is totaly different from mine as it is from any other person in the world - the meaning of democracy changes with one's personality. Perhaps you see it as a majority rule, perhaps you see it as some "due process" idea. Such terms as democracy are vague words used to express ideals of an ancient past which none of us any longer ascribe to or perhaps even know anything about. For example, ancient Greeks on the planet earth, the "inventors" of democracy, gave the right of vote only to one gender, although I fail to remember which and only to those born of sufficient class. Another example would be the famous creaters of somewhat less ancient democracy who spoke of all men being equal yet were slaveowners themselfes. Times change, so do people's perceptions of what democracy is.
    Freedom, however, is the one thing that remains the same. When Saladin led the Muslim troops upon Al-Quds to free it from the evil of the Crusaders, I doubt his understanding of freedom differed much from Prophet Moses's understanding when he led the Jews from Egypt. These are but the tails of the ancient past and are our common heritage, yet what I am trying to say is that freedom is not a 'term' to be played about with, giving it this meaning or that meaning. One always knows whether he/she is free or not. It is a feeling more that anything else.

Fiqh
    Member of CAS

Originally posted by Nelida
    Clan leaders met and voted to call a cease fire...CAS and it's defunct CoA broke with that decision. You have no desire to "unite" the Clans, you directly went against a group decision.

If you were interested in a united Clan you would have respected the majority present during that vote. You simply have NO respect for authority unless it is your own.
    I was at that meeting Nelida. It was hardly a majority of the clans (seem to remember the vote being 7 to 6 infavor of cease-fire). Also proposed at that time was a new Clan council to help govern and unite the clans. To date the rhetoric continues about that while the CoT has disappeared, the Tir Accord (which your clan leader spoke against) is declared null and void and the posturing of Omni-Tek gives all involved the feeling that war is coming.

Yes, we have quite a bit to worry about with the CoA military 'dictatorship'...this is no bid for Freedom and Democracy...plain and simple the CoA philosophy is "if it isn't our way then its the highway". Your attack, when we have been trying to work for a cease-fire, is proof enough of that.
    The CoA is now re-forming to help defend the clans and the lands that we live in. Land that was won with blood. Land that is now considered OT property. Does OT sound like they want to make a new accord with the clans? When the fighting starts to take back the land we now call home, I would perfer a strong coalition of clans to defend it rather than a bunch of people begging for peace and giving back what we have won. Who's side are you on?
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

Re: Please keep up with the news, WE

CAS Member Fiqh said
    We have been given notice - move out or be crushed, the only thing they think about is notum, as they always did.

I beg you not to delude yourselves with false hopes. How can Omni-Tek grant you a cease-fire if it does not consider you to be a "party" it feels it can deal with?
    How interesting to see the rebel view on this, on how casually they omit to mention those parts that would work against their wish for a full out war against Omni-Tek. Well, as Fiqh so causally omitted the last part, I'll add a qoute of what Ross also said.

CEO Phillip Ross
    war is costly, and should be avoided to every extent where it’s possible. Our only concern is - and should be - the notum, the safety of our employees, and to secure an extension of the lease.

...we are to punish acts of terrorism, not commit them... we are to punish terrorists, not the innocent civilians
    As you see, I do not try to hide that our main reason for being here on Rubi-Ka is notum, but then, why try to hide the truth. CEO Ross continued with that we will punish acts of terrorism and the terrorists that commit them.

Is this what the CAS and other rebel clans call a declartion of war??

If so, wouldn't that mean that CAS and the other rebel clans look at themselves as terrorists and thier actions as terrorist actions??

Peacefull clans have nothing to fear from Omni-Tek, it is the terrorists we want, and that is clearly stated by CEO Ross "not the innocent civilians".

-----------------

And a totally other matter, I saw from a clanner called Jakal. A small digression on CAS (Clan Anarchist Syndicate), it was so interesting that I took time to look up the words.

Clan = a group united by a common interest or common characteristics

Anarchist = 1 : one who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power
    2 : one who believes in, advocates, or promotes anarchism or anarchy; especially : one who uses violent means to overthrow the established order

Syndicate = a combination of interlocked companies or enterprises

Now I must agree with this Jakal. It doesn't really fit, does it, except for the first part, Clan.

Anarchist, they got a president, haven't they? How can the other members stand having someone ruling them, if they are true anarchists. The last part of anarchist fits though, as they obviously use violent means to overthrow the established order. But how can anyone, clan or others trust such a group, they will, if they mean anything with their name never agree to any established order. But then, as I said before, they got a president and ranks, so they are obviously not pure anarchists.

Syndicate, when I looked up this, it gave me a big laugh, as I understand they are against any company or enterprise controlling rubi-ka

The CoA and its leadership has proven...

it's loyalty to the Clans:

They backed down and disbanded when the going got tough.
    They directly apposed the CoT and when asked to go away that's exactly what they did...went away. They disbanded WITHOUT the agreement of their rank and file. They ABANDONDED the Clans.

Yes CoA has already proven what they are to the Clans...a disapointment. I really don't think they need a second chance to prove the same point. Trying to reform CoA is a pitiful attempt at self-agrandizement...nothing more.

Go away for good CoA, we don't need your kind of 'unity'.

Originally posted by Nursebetti
    I was at that meeting Nelida. It was hardly a majority of the clans (seem to remember the vote being 7 to 6 infavor of cease-fire). Also proposed at that time was a new Clan council to help govern and unite the clans. To date the rhetoric continues about that while the CoT has disappeared, the Tir Accord (which your clan leader spoke against) is declared null and void and the posturing of Omni-Tek gives all involved the feeling that war is coming.

. The CoA is now re-forming to help defend the clans and the lands that we live in. Land that was won with blood. Land that is now considered OT property. Does OT sound like they want to make a new accord with the clans? When the fighting starts to take back the land we now call home, I would perfer a strong coalition of clans to defend it rather than a bunch of people begging for peace and giving back what we have won. Who's side are you on?

Yes. You are right Nelida.

I give up.

I will lay down my arms and unite with my brothers and sisters to pick flowers in Milky Way and sit under the crystal tree amid the lava pools of Avalon, content in the knowledge that OT is warm and fuzzy and will tuck me in every night with a kiss on my forehead.

It must be nice being a Solitus female. You can get on a transport and leave Rubi-Ka. I am a nano-mage, I don't have that luxury. Once OT strips this world of notum, my kind will die. At least I can die content in the knowledge that I got a kiss on the forehead when I was tucked in at night.
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

I give up.

I will lay down my arms and unite with my brothers and sisters to pick flowers in Milky Way and sit under the crystal tree amid the lava pools of Avalon, content in the knowledge that OT is warm and fuzzy and will tuck me in every night with a kiss on my forehead.

It must be nice being a Solitus female. You can get on a transport and leave Rubi-Ka. I am a nano-mage, I don't have that luxury. Once OT strips this world of notum, my kind will die. At least I can die content in the knowledge that I got a kiss on the forehead when I was tucked in at night.
    The supply of Notum on Rubi-Ka, as last I understood, was essentially infinite.

It certainly won't run out during your lifetime. Or your childrens' or their childrens' - so instead of trying to blow things up, why not research ways to reduce the notum dependency of the nanomage?

Wouldn't that be a noble goal for a medical professional?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Still rhetoric Jynne.

Offer me a better solution to the problems with OT.
    Offer me a united clan leadership.
    Offer me hope that we won't have to goto war to keep the lands we shed blood for.
    Offer me something to show the other clans are not just talking and talking and talking...
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

Still rhetoric Jynne.

Offer me a better solution to the problems with OT.
    Offer me a united clan leadership.
    Offer me hope that we won't have to goto war to keep the lands we shed blood for.
    Offer me something to show the other clans are not just talking and talking and talking...
    We have like four threads going on this... so I'm not going to keep replying in this one. See the other thread.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Oh? Now you are claiming that CAS and..

CoA stand against notum mining? Remember that my One True Love IS a nanomage?

I find this HIGHLY amusing since it was NOT you, but it WAS me, that proposed that CAS stand against notum mining when the mining was opened up to us. In fact I don't even recall you responding at all to that proposal...and neither did your so-called leader.

In fact as I recall CAS was all excited about gearing up to go into MAJOR notum mining mode...wanting to greedily strip the notum from this planet just like everyone else.

No more Nursebetti. No more lies, no more political half-truths and rhetoric. If you are with CAS and CoA then you have no interest in stopping or even slowing notum mining. The ONLY thing you're interested in is keep all the proceeds for yourselves.

I give up.

Unhappy unbelievable

OOC:

This discussion, supposedly RP, has passed on into personal arena. It is no longer RP as it should be, it has become a place where previous associates come to vent the grievances of their past. I am sorry, Nelida, but I was not there when you and some other players decided to split from CAS and form another guild. I joined shortly afterwards. I am sorry not only because I cannot relate at all to what you are talking about, but also because this discussion that was supposedly centred around general political upheaval within both the Clans and the Omni-Tek, has now become far too personal.

The intentions that you ascribe to CAS and its leadership in particular are not evident to me as a member although I admit I have not been in the guild for long and in no way involved in actually running the guild. What happened within the ranks of clan-leaders in the past, with CoA and so on is also not known to me in such detail as it seems to be available to select few. There is clearly more going on behind closed doors than ALL clan-leaders are letting us know. That makes me wonder whether any talk of unity is merely that - talk. Since it appears that it is not the clans that need to unite but the few people who are clan leaders. It is also obvious that no alliance, apart from CoA, in MY PERSONAL OPINION <to save on flaming>, is prepared to work with all members of the community. Select social clubs, which some factions within the clans appear to be, appear to strive constantly between themselfs, scoring points and pointing fingers. It is no fun like this.

/end OOC
    "Everything that one thinks about a lot becomes problematic" - Nietzsche
    Zorf
    Member of CAS
    Vito's Personal Atrox Punching Bag
    Holder of Pie
    Weilder of the Horrid Mauser
    Desecrator of the Temple of Three Winds
    Fiqh
    Member of CAS

Re: The CoA and its leadership has proven...

They directly apposed the CoT and when asked to go away that's exactly what they did...went away. They disbanded WITHOUT the agreement of their rank and file. They ABANDONDED the Clans.

Yes CoA has already proven what they are to the Clans...a disapointment. I really don't think they need a second chance to prove the same point. Trying to reform CoA is a pitiful attempt at self-agrandizement...nothing more.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Re: The CoA and its leadership has proven...

Ahem... I see that this thread has turned into a petty rivalry. But I can not let this misleading comment slide. Nelida a comment such as thin angers me. From what I understand the CoA was asked to disband by the CoT. And out of respect for their authority, and assuming that it meant the CoT was going to begin some action, we complied. If some communication was not made to you, and you missed the order to disband then I am sorry. I received the order the day after it was issued, because at that time I was not in CAS.

Had I had any idea the CoT was going to flee, I would have waved the CoA flag until the had drawn and quartered me in a public square. But how were we to know that once we disbanded the CoT was going to leave Tir. How can you cast shame on us for disbanding when asked to by the one government you have ever officially recognized. Call us names as you wish, and whine about miscommunications. But dont think for one second that the new CoA is anything like the Old one.

We will stand for the clans until we are no longer needed. When that day comes, and a new Clan government is formed. Then and only then will I stand down from my post when ordered. And only by a government recognized by all the citizens of this planet.

I will not go quietly into the darkness, my light will be a shining example for all the Clansmen to follow. As I live each and every day by a chivalrous code of honor and loyalty, I will inspire hope into the hearts of my people. Naysay and claim we are whatever you will, I will not let the dark clouds of your disdain for a lost cause overshadow the light of knowledge and trust I give to the poeple that I have sworn an oath to. I will live every day to further our cause, to bring freedom to the people of the clans. Not by giving away small rights to compromise for larger freedoms, but so that we ALL can be free.

Call me a visionary, or call me a maniac. It is of no consequence to me. I want everyone to be free, I just happen to be on the side that is under the gun. I will fight for the freedom of all Rubi-Ka's people until the day I short out the reclaim booth and my genetic code is so mangled I cant walk or speak.

I will state once again the goal of the new CoA:
    "The CoA is here to ensure the safety of the clans until such a time that a new government is formed. At such a time as that new government is formed, and the CoA is ordered to disband we will immediately comply. NOT UNTIL THEN."

I am sure you have read that before. And if you dont beleive in it that is your choice. I will give you my personal oath, as a Captain of the CoA, and a member of the CoA Cabinet that we will not abandon anyone. Our charter allows even the smallest of guilds have a say in our actions. We do not exclude any clansmen from our offers of protection, and we would not exclude them from having a say in any actions that take place within our ranks.

I would say to you Nelida if you are so concerned that the CoA is terrorists, and that we are so horrible. Join us, and see what we are really about. Spend a day with me, listening to all that I say, watching my every move. I assure you that I will change whatever misconceptions you may have about the goals and actions of the CoA.

I would like to extend an invitation to you Nelida. Come spend a day with me, hear and see everything I say and do. Try to give the CoA a chance instead of dooming it to failure for its past actions.

OOC: Pardon the length of my rant, and the irrelativity of some of my ramblings. Sometimes I get carried away. I just would like everyone to understand what the CoA is all about. I see many people with misconceptions not only of the CoA, but also of other ingame organizations such as the ICC. I just like to clear up peoples misunderstandings. As a Fixer I like to fix people...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21