Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who actually wants the rebalance to happen?

I am usually a quiet bird on the forums.

I think its safe to say that, i cant make a post about "how should the ballace be". Thats a topic that could fill 10 pages of PDF file per profession, so this i made here are just thoughts from my deep of my head.

Please dont expect some sort of whole picture, this merely just my thoughts.

I would like a ballance, but not the same ballance as many of you guys want.

I would like that, weapons and damage got ballanced. I think its perfectly fine that there are different professions, which can do less or more damage.

I think its perfectly fine that some professions should be very hard to kill, but cant do any damage really. That could be a doctor.

I think its perfectly fine that some are in the middle. Like an advy without that much pistol power or alpha power. So something needs to be taken from advies.

I think you guys understand my thoughts here :-)

Example...

A doctor never should be a PVP type of profession. I think its very weird, it dosent add up at all. A doctor is a person that heals others, and that should be the doctors prime function. That a doctor can use some small weapon is fine with me, but using AS weapons and capping, even using MR and can almost alpha someone. Thats just totally silly.

Lets have the general different professions written down to professions eg.

- Tank (enf)
    - Healer (doc)
    - Damage dealer (fixer, soldier, Shade, Nano-technician)
    - Support (advy, keeper, mp, engi, trader, crat, Agent, Martial artist)

To ballance the different professions up against their main class (tank, healer, damage dealer & support), would be a need to create a ballance. Thats something i cant write about in details, it would fill a lot of pdf files.

Mongo Rage
    ---------------
    Regarding this topic, i think Mongo Rage should stay. BUT... It should only to be avilable to some professions. Im thinking that if we use the above table, Mongo Range should be for Damage Dealers. I think its fine to assume that support professions shouldent have access to MR, since they have the ability to heal a lot, absorb a lot, evade a lot or block a lot. Tanks goes for the same, they should not have access to Mongo rage either, same goes for doctors.

Then how should an enf kill an evave professions. Thats simple. Here comes the player experience, and ofc a bit of ballance. An enf have high ar, and can get quite good def, and hp aswell. Where ex. a fixer for the evade professions can run fast and have high evades. But then the fixer should be fixer in damage, so that the enf had a chance.
    Im not sure, are you?

WHOA. Your profession list is f'd up.
    Lemem just point out that MR is only a major issue in the hands of certain professions:

Shade
    Enforcer
    ------wait for it
    Fixer!

Oh, and Support classes, you included all the top DDers except for Shade/NT. I may include Soldier in top DD, I may not.
    I'm Batman.

Anyone who uses MR doesn't want a rebalance.
    Anyone playing an evade class that isn't susceptible to MR doesn't want a rebalance.
    Anyone playing an Adventurer.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

All classes are susceptible to MR.

Except Fixer.
    I'm Batman.

Well perhaps some are more susceptible than others. Some can return the favour (shade), for example. Advy's are certainly highly resistant to it if they decide to want to.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Not quite. See, Advy has got no Crowd Control. A good MR Gank would tear it open.

Fixer can /root and roll
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Not quite. See, Advy has got no Crowd Control. A good MR Gank would tear it open.
    lololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post

Fixer can /root and roll
    Advs can survive it once you get the timing right. Takes practice first though

Yeah, "timing right" not "lol still unperkable"
    I'm Batman.

Really good advys can prevent MR ganks quite easily. Some of them have Free Movement stim+cocoon on a keybind.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Emphasize "really good" a bit more for me. ANY Fixer can easily stop a melee MR gank. And most ranged profs don't have the ability to MR Alpha a Fixer to death. EVEN if they can, meep meep.
    I'm Batman.

For those of you that weren't there, re-balances of this kind. that some are afraid of here, were tried in SWG, in a large patch, twice. They were called the Combat Upgrade (CU) and the Chapter 6 "Combat Downgrade" (C6CD - which held basicly large nerfs for every class). Both times, the playerbase went down by 60% plus shortly thereafter. At CU, Rubenfield said in his blog that subs were leaching by 10K per month. Both times, SOE Austin thought they would replace the subs they lost with "new" subs. The new subs NEVER showed but the lost subs stayed out and insured the game NEVER picked up that large number of new subs due to posting about their discontent on just about every forum they could.

There is a risk, as Rubenfield said (infamous NGE Dev), "can you change a game after it's launch?". His answer was after all the changes that SWG went thru, "no".

Perhaps if balance is that large an issue in PVP, add to the profs that need it by cutting down their CDs, upping damage, survivability, etc.
    Last edited by Esquire; Oct 28th, 2013 at 18:38:51.
    "INVICTUS"

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

It's been suggested, that MR fix would be to decrease defense mod by same amount as offensive mod.

You get +1500 AAO and lose -1500 AAD...YIKES. Use at your own risk perk all you want and get perked right back. Most other games that have a "berserker" ability give you tremendous offense at cost of your defense.

That would definately change the way it's used from an opening gank attempt to a more calculated finishing move. You certainly would not use it if against multiple opponents.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

...except Fixers who'll still be above Advy levels of def, but with alot more AR.
    I'm Batman.

Wtb rebalance, i am tierd of the same old crapp.. i want evrything changed !

Meh. Is fine.
    I'm Batman.

The proposed changes are redefinitions, not rebalance. If it's not broken, don't fix it.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345