Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clan/CoT discussion thread

*Meeting Notice*

Date: 17-08-2014/29482
    Time: 2000 RST (GMT)
    Place: Truth Tower in Tir

Ok, we're going to have a meeting regarding restarting the Council of Truth on Sunday (August 17th) at 2000 RST (aka GMT) in the Truth Tower of all interested CLAN parties. Especially any Clan leaders who are looking to get this ball rolling are urged to attend!
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Is this just a player meeting, or will ARK members be attending as well?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

To me in some part, yeah.

Reasons for include whether or not the Council of Truth will be purely player run, or have some semblance of ARK support. Are we looking to have the Council of Truth sessions reinstated as they were, or are we going to come up with something shiny and new?

Answers to these will provide me enough information as to whether or not to take this meeting seriously. I mean no offense Dagget, but for being the clan RP rep you have been quiet for a long long time. Why are things just now getting picked up? Has something changed?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Nothing at all is decided or targetted aside from the stated goal of getting the CoT reactivated in some form or another. Whoever shows up will be part of the decision process.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

I sincerely doubt it will be entirely player run, as that has never been the nature of the CoT, neither in terms of lore or game history. ICly, Silverstone and Radiman have both stated that they want the Council up and running again, and are ready for it when it happens.

The CoT ran for many years with varying degrees of ARK attendance, and I can't remember that it was ever canceled because no ARK controlled character showed up, for example. At least on Atlantean - I'm not sure if the same is the case on Rimor.

However, I do believe it's up to us players to show enough initiative to get the Council up and running again. It'll mean communication with each other, discussion and politics - all of which we can do without ARK's presence, don't you agree?

I'll be there. Still have some spare keys to turn in.

The closing of the Council meetings last time was due to very few clans being represented - not even enough for a quorum on Council Speaker. In the end, some sporadic attendance by Silverstone and Jacobi, but only Sir Tristram was there for the last meeting (when Silverstone's tenure ended)... so in that sense, we have a tabula rasa.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

*Bump*

Date: 17-08-2014/29482
    Time: 2000 RST (GMT)
    Place: Truth Tower in Tir
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

The Council of Truth will convene for a new session on Sunday, October 5 at 1800 RST* (GMT), 29488 (2014)

(1100 PDT, 1400 EDT, 1900 BST)

The current agenda follows:

- Elect new Speaker
    - Decide structure of meeting leadership
    - Discuss the Vanguard conflicts with cyborgs possibly led by one "Prototype180" in the regions around Tir County, Old Athen, and 4 Holes.
    - Review of Vanguard Ladue's device to capture Prototype180

New agenda items will be added as needed.

Council meetings are planned to take place on the first Sunday of every even-numbered month at 1800 RST in the Tower in Tir.

Information and questions can be directed towards the Council gridsite, http://www.counciloftruth.org/forums/
    Last edited by -Zagadka-; Sep 30th, 2014 at 19:26:36.

Reminder for people subscribed to this thread: The meeting to determine what we will or will not do will be this Sunday. See my post above for details.

I'm not a clanner, but if I was I would atleast exspect Silverstonle to show up and atleast pretend that he cares about his apointment as speaker
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

I don't think anyone is currently in the position of speaker.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

There is no current Speaker, and the Council hasn't been formally reconvened. Tristram was the last elected Speaker and the Council was dissolved, nullifying the position. Silverstone is usually the front runner, though.

Not sure who should lead off. I suppose I could if necessary but really should be a legacy leader.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Time has conspired against me, whatever happens tomorrow, may not be able to make it. Be sure that someone keeps a chat log.

October 5th logs have been posted on the Council site.

http://www.counciloftruth.org/forums...php?board=29.0

To ensure proper response times and communication, please use the Council site forums in the weeks coming before meetings. The agenda can be adjusted and we will not have to go over old data in the meeting, which is not fun for anyone.

*sigh*
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Any plans to post minutes in addition to the log?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

The Council of Truth will convene on Sunday, December 7 at 1800 RST* (GMT), 29488 (2014)

http://www.counciloftruth.org/forums...p?topic=1793.0

The minutes of the December CoT meeting are available here: http://www.counciloftruth.org/forums...p?topic=1796.0

The next scheduled meeting of the Council will be February 1.

Happy holidays!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast