Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please balance bs lvl ranges again

I killed a few people on there with my 170 froob GA4 fixer .. I admit, it took a very very long time, but it happened! :P
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Only froob I've actually killed people in there on is a 200 Trader. And even at that, I was farming greens.
    Solo killing will suck for you obviously, you need to be with others on a froob.

should be:
    60-74
    75-99
    100-124
    125-149
    150-169
    170-190
    190-200
    201-206
    207-213
    214-220

all this numbers are avoided for the limit of meeting a high level player for advantages.

if funcom did exactly what i wrote here it be balanced. and anyone can say whatever they want, but this is the only real option for true balanced bs in the best way.

i doubt this ever gonna happen, but it would problabe bring life to battle stations agein at lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    should be:
    60-74
    75-99
    100-124
    125-149
    150-169
    170-190
    190-200
    201-206
    207-213
    214-220

all this numbers are avoided for the limit of meeting a high level player for advantages.

if funcom did exactly what i wrote here it be balanced. and anyone can say whatever they want, but this is the only real option for true balanced bs in the best way.

i doubt this ever gonna happen, but it would problabe bring life to battle stations agein at lower levels.
    BS will never run with "balanced" levels. If BS could actually be balanced it would separate us by gear and skill levels, because even if you keep people apart because of levels you will never keep undergeared or underskilled players from getting smashed by serious players.

Make a choice, you want a BS that runs or a BS that is going to make players who aren't prepared for PVP last a few seconds longer in a fight but doesn't even run so who cares anyways?

It doesn't need to be bs at levels. Make vp-missions for non-bs levels instead.

And then make BS-levels according to the popular twink-levels. (60, 100, 150-170, 171-200 etc)
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    It doesn't need to be bs at levels. Make vp-missions for non-bs levels instead.

And then make BS-levels according to the popular twink-levels. (60, 100, 150-170, 171-200 etc)
    How is a BS that only allows 100's in better than a BS which allows level 61 to 100's in? We already have alternative missions which involve absolutely no PVP in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    BS will never run with "balanced" levels. If BS could actually be balanced it would separate us by gear and skill levels, because even if you keep people apart because of levels you will never keep undergeared or underskilled players from getting smashed by serious players.

Make a choice, you want a BS that runs or a BS that is going to make players who aren't prepared for PVP last a few seconds longer in a fight but doesn't even run so who cares anyways?

i choose none of your options. i choose fair level ranges and much pvp. your word about how it will go isnt convincing at all.

{edited}

Whenever there is an inequality of level, an inequality in potential strength exists. As long as a potential for strength (read overall power) exists, people will utilise it for whatever purpose they see fit, whether it be to farm gimps, or be most competitive against others who utilize it for whatever their purpose is.

To REMOVE that inequality is what should be getting debated.

My two cents on that is to provide SKILL increases using a simple algorithm that basically normalizes ALL skills/AAD/AAO/heal efficiency to the MAX level that can enter the BS.

It's not rocket science, I remember the reason that 1-49 PVP was So bloody fun in Star wars was because everyone was normalized, and you could actually be a level 10 noob with good skill and produce kills against level 49 players if you knew how to play.

Many other games do the same thing, and it's no new concept. I suggested this same thing 3-4 years ago, as did many other players.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 13th, 2013 at 22:38:53.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    My two cents on that is to provide SKILL increases using a simple algorithm that basically normalizes ALL skills/AAD/AAO/heal efficiency to the MAX level that can enter the BS.
    The problem with this is that certain professions are able to utilise these skills more effectively than others, and so will still result in an inbalance.

i choose none of your options. i choose fair level ranges and much pvp. your word about how it will go isnt convincing at all.
    So is designed so that such a thing CAN'T exist. No PVP in this game is intrinsically fair. Choose any of the following factors and quickly come to the conclusion that AO PVP isn't based on fairness:

1. Level
    2. Perks
    3. Profession
    4. Gear
    5. Nanos
    6. Specials
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 9th, 2013 at 22:31:38.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

To make it always have pvp they can make all bs's cyclic, have 2h runtime w 2h cooldown and not run same time.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    So is designed so that such a thing CAN'T exist. No PVP in this game is intrinsically fair. Choose any of the following factors and quickly come to the conclusion that AO PVP isn't based on fairness:

1. Level
    2. Perks
    3. Profession
    4. Gear
    5. Nanos
    6. Specials
    I agree that there will be always a difference between the low end level and high end level players in any level range BS. It makes no difference if level range is 151-200 or 151-170 or 190-200 because 200 vs 151, 170 vs 151 or 200 vs 190 higher level will always have an edge.

The only possible sollution (but very hard to implement) would be that when BS starts every character gets temporary buff from BS area that would add to all skills and abilities the buff equal to diference between your character level and max level for this BS range.

However this would be very hard to implement because there are different skill caps for different levels and profession/breed combos ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

would be a bit up with a thing that boosted all abilities. then you can enter bs with a treatment lab and a doc for sfa. say they're excited a level 1-50 bs, the level 1 could enter and get his abi boosted and equip high ql items and just leave the bs. ao is the only game that has a twinking system, and that makes it hard to buff players equal inside bs.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 13th, 2013 at 22:40:43.

More accessible PVP gear and some major balancing tweaks between professions would solve a lot of problems, but this is a skill based game with a lot of abilities, which means in the end you will always have:

Great players ---------------------------------------------Average players-----------Bad players

You can't balance fail. You could make AO as simple and basic as possible and you still have people that get outright dominated. PVP is simply not for everyone and having to fill these gaps with PVMers is a major problem.

OK, I just did a lot of editing to make this a reasonable discussion. Please don't make me have to come back and do it again.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

would be a bit up with a thing that boosted all abilities. then you can enter bs with a treatment lab and a doc for sfa. say they're excited a level 1-50 bs, the level 1 could enter and get his abi boosted and equip high ql items and just leave the bs. ao is the only game that has a twinking system, and that makes it hard to buff players equal inside bs.
    that's just ridiculous man, come on.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Le-Quack may be onto something..
    Perhaps an XP buff from the Battlestation completion. 4 hours, 40%, a bit like the Clan one but for everyone! <3
    I'm Batman.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123