Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GM for a day

I'd generate tons and tons of credits so that I can finally enjoy the game without needing to attend ANY pvm raids of farm fests. Oh, permanent 12man buff on all my tl7 toons aswell, ofc.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

i'l pop RED Leets lvl 1 all over AO and i make them drop all items that cost more them 500m atm yes droop and nondrop ...give...
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

1. 0% gas everywhere, in every zone
    2. All tower sites open permanently
    3. 5mil prize to all members of a side that won BS, for every round
    4. All buffs (not debuffs) to run permanently until cancelled by player
    5. A mob with insane amount of HP that has 1k damage shield and drops one single blackmane stat buffer (also hits hard and yes, in 0% gas zone).
    6. Remove all AiXP from all mobs except the ones at city raids
    7. Return outdoor cities permanently and close instanced ones
    8. Remove all procs
    9. Give all froobs Shadowlands expansion pack for free and for a lifetime.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

If I were Holy Master Lord of Sacred Game Development for a day i would create a list of 3 HIGH PRIORITY tasks for the dev team:

Task one: To increase the ql of items dropped from mobs or chests.

Task two: To create shops selling items up to ql 200 and lower significantly prices in lower shops.

Task three: Create high value shopfood of a single ql that could drop occasionally from any level mob.
    For example:
    "Perfect notum crystal" with the value of ql 200 plasma.
    "Perfect novictum crystal" with the value of ql 250 perls.
    "Alien ID tag" with the value of alien bounties from S10.

If I were GM for a day I would follow Wrangeline. Conga lines ftw \0/

Spend the day spawning ELLTS and Carrier Craft in the inventory of anyone who went past
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Increase the droploot percent of all viralbots by 10%ish.

Double xp weekends.

Make a huge pvp event where the winning side (all participants) gets a good chunk of xp (in form of a daily) and also a unique item/weapon/util/armor (non-stat) specifically created for this event that looks bloody awesome and makes the losing side feel really bad not having this sexy thing.

Make BS have red v. Blue instead of faction v. Faction. Also with the addition of a scoreboard inside bs, and also a Global scoreboard which gets reset each month. The winner, the second place and third place gets prizes in form of creds.

I would hire a second GM with the only purpose pf making exciting events on newb isle and greeting freshly made characters with the idea to help if any question would come up in the players mind.

I would also increase the credit limit one can have on a character to at least 5b.

I would also create a vendor which could change the colour of your weapon and armor for a nice amount of creds.

I would actively upgrade and tweak the official AO site so it becomes more in modern standard, with an exciting and epic trailer available on the front page. I would also hire some artist to create good looking background wallpapers for the playerbase.

I would simplify the prefs options (make it so you can save different kind of pref setups on your account, rather than on your computer)

I would also start a videoblog for when (I'm) working in the AO office, and actively interview my staff so everyone gets a good look at who's working on the game, and also see some progress in these videos with some teaser footage.

These are the things that crossed my mind, and what I would want to happen to the game. (Bare in mind I did not have any finacial thought when writing this, as it is just dreamthinking. And we all know dreams has no limits. )

If I was a dev I would focus on fixing:

1) leveling issues.

- Decrease XP gained in inferno if you are lvl 190 or above.
    - Increase XP gained from ado hecklers.
    - Increase XP gained from pen missions (reward, mobs)

By these changes I would appreciate a little update to Penumbra and Inferno missions.

- Add a simple caves (similar to DB ones) divided by mission's difficulty. (hard, easy)
    - A team of people with no 220 would automatically receive classic 220 mission. (This would avoid time spent waiting getting a team or a 220 to pull a mission + also the stupid pulling system)
    - Lets say you could pull 5 missions and then have a lock for 10 minutes before you could do another 5 missions.

Graphic updates:

Its been so long since 1st engine trailer release has been shown. So simple engine update seems to be pretty boring to me.

- Changing seasons update - "There was too warm in Penumbra so Adonis got a bit flooded which makes you unavailable to do ado quest that easily in this season" etc, etc ...

- raiding, snowing ...

/Hell
    ||| 220/30 MA - "Hellangel" |||
    ||| 220/30 Doc - "Leontynka" ||| 220/30 Crat - "Qanel"
    ||| 220/30 Fix - "Sure" ||| 220/30 Keeper - "Haqa"
    ||| 220/30 Enf - "Renai" ||| 172/24 Adv - "Partyzanka"
    ||| 220/30 Adv - "Dadey" ||| 150/20 MA - "Juda"
    ||| 220/30 Engi - "Hatatitla" ||| 110/12 ENF - "Peklo"
    ||| 220/30 NT - "Kituska" ||| 95/10 NT - "Piddltlipatz"
    ||| [Come Get Some] |||

I would take all my employees on a vacation where we will stay in a log cabin and perform team building exercises. We would stay at this log cabin for several weeks, not doing any work but having fun and relaxing. Eventually we would return to work and then I will tell the AO community what we did and everyone will flame and hate me as the "Dev who takes his workers on vacation and doesn't work on AO at all" but in the office I will be king and be loved. I would also give my workers surprises when they come in to the office like flowers, candy and cards that tell them how awesome they are. I would also set up little office games that we play when we dont feel like dealing with the grief of working on AO.

Over time my methods will reach higher ups in the corporate ladder and I will subsequently be fired for wasting company time and resources. I will go down as the best GD in the office, but the worst GD ever in the history of AO.

I will then subscribe to AO and move my way in to ARK to get back in touch with these people as well as take on a new identity and having plastic surgery. I will also go back to school to get whatever education I need to become a GD/developer for AO again. I will then get in to a position on the FC staff again where I will end up taking over as GD and perform the same rituals as I did when I was GD. They will make note that I was like that other guy. Eventually the same thing will happen and I will get fired but now be known for as the second best GD in the office and the second worst GD for AO.

I will keep doing this until AO dies, forever and ever with the same company. ))<>((

You reckon you have time to get some education before AO dies?

H*ll, do you even reckon you have enough time to take them to a cabin a few weeks before AO dies ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Actually, you wouldn't do any of that if you were GM for a day, as you are not a developer
    Some of those things, even a developer couldn't do in one day... this whole post just seems to be a list of things people want ingame and think should/can happen instantly on demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkfix View Post
    Some of those things, even a developer couldn't do in one day... this whole post just seems to be a list of things people want ingame and think should/can happen instantly on demand.
    I bet they could raise the droprate on lead bots in 1 day. That would be a huge economic relief for hundreds of players.

But more in line with some of the troll/humor responses, just delete all combined armor from the game.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

I stand by my original post. Blackmane's Stat Buffers for every slot on all of my toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    You reckon you have time to get some education before AO dies?

H*ll, do you even reckon you have enough time to take them to a cabin a few weeks before AO dies ?
    Of course. It has taken them 7 years to create an engine for a game. I could get 2 or 3 of the same degrees for GD in that same amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by trysloob View Post
    I bet they could raise the droprate on lead bots in 1 day. That would be a huge economic relief for hundreds of players.

But more in line with some of the troll/humor responses, just delete all combined armor from the game.
    Most likely it wouldn't help more than a few hundred mills drop max i'd say. The problem is the absurd amount of credits being put in game with no way to control that there will never be a price decrease to speak of.

Well, that's pretty much the point. It's not like they're randomly gonna go trough and give GD for a day to any of the random forum posters anyway, so it's just like a list of what people think/want/hope to happen.

+ The troll posts obviously.

Some of those things they couldn't do in a day no, but I hope they have the ability to do a few of them pretty swiftly aswell, cause if not it's just another example of how broken things are.

Then again, I can appreciate they're busy and they've basically given up on any work being done in some simple things. It's all about engine and NPE, while the rest of the abysmal playerbase is growing more and more tired by the second.

I would spawn 7 ql 300 supple bots in everyone's inventory and delete every credit in game.

guys, don't forget to make all tl7 NT's perma snared for the day. thanks!
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

i would make this game fair , as it is now we have 1 side that can do what ever they like .

As GM I would totally hit on some petitioner asking questions claiming to be hawt irl while being some dude that records it all and this will eventually be the reason I will only be a GM for a day!
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    As GM I would totally hit on some petitioner asking questions claiming to be hawt irl while being some dude that records it all and this will eventually be the reason I will only be a GM for a day!
    I see you're taking cues from previous FC GMs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast