Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changes to Beast-- Reflect Shield and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Biancha View Post
    By the way, I disagree and/or don't understand a lot of your ideas, but I'm not just trying to be fighty,
    I've been posting on the forums for years and have no issue with my ideas/comments being challenged as long as people aren't resorting to personal attacks. I'm subject to be wrong quite often.. though I think I'm right more often than I'm wrong. No problems

Yes that's true, but it's entirely possible Funcom doesn't really know they changed the Beast at all.
    Besides the Beast reflect changes there were also massive adjustments to the trash mobs. I'd bet my account that they're currently aware of the changes but for the sake of argument I'll waste some time and post a bug report. That's no more useless than posting here anyway.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 19th, 2013 at 03:22:20.

I'd rather Funcom had kept the old-style portals that disappear quickly and not let people back in after they die, or leave. It would make raids a little more risky and demand a little more focus from people. I'm sure that won't happen though, and I realize most people don't share my opinion.
    HAHA Very easy to tell what players used to play Diablo 1 on hardcore mode lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    The issue I have with your idea is that I don't want more risk on 10 year old content. It's 10 years old.. on a 220 endgame toon I should be able to run through it, darn near solo, due to the power creep. On a level appropriate toon, also due to the power creep/additional items and such, I should definitely be able to get it done in a smaller group than what was needed 5-7 years ago.
    Not sure if I understood this correctly, are you saying ti should be easier?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Not sure if I understood this correctly, are you saying ti should be easier?
    Read my original post (first post in this thread) as I covered it all there (not trying to be rude but I've repeated the same thing I few times in this thread and well.. even I am starting to get tired of reading the same 4 lines of explanation). I'm saying the change they made should be reversed or if it is a bug.. it should be fixed.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 20th, 2013 at 02:13:52.

You're already getting it done in a much smaller group that it used to take. What, you actually need 6-12 people now? It used to take 40 2+hrs, and the portal mobs were tough too. You shouldn't be able to do it on a bunch of half finished 210's, because those toons are just as awful as they were 7 years ago since they wear the same half-finished trash equips.... and how does a passive sheild cause more wipes, because you have to pay attention? Oh wait, just send the Beast a tell and have it mail you all the loot you want. Make pande tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaciea View Post
    You're already getting it done in a much smaller group that it used to take.
    Just because we used to do beast with a ton of people doesn't mean that's how many people it took... that's just what the zerg raid bots allowed. When orgs did Pande (or were allowed to), even pre-instancing they were able to do them with 1-2 teams.

You shouldn't be able to do it on a bunch of half finished 210's , because those toons are just as awful as they were 7 years ago since they wear the same half-finished trash equips....
    Who said anything about half finished 210's? But hypothetically, pande was getting done with half-finished 210's even back in 2004 when I first started raiding it. The first time I did beast it was tanked by a non-220 enforcer who, for obvious reasons, didn't have imongo and all of the other bells and whistles we got in AI, LE and Xan expansions. The raid was filled with non-220 characters and it was just fine. I also have to disagree with you. I've been comparing 2003/2004 toons with their same level equivalent today. There have been so many additions with AI, LE and Xan that to say that a 'half-finished 210' toon in 2003/2004 is no different than a half-finished toon today is ridiculous. Even 7 years ago (which I guess would include the AI expansion).. there's a difference in what people are willing to/have equipped (talking decent players here.. not powerleveled folks wearing medsuits).

and how does a passive sheild cause more wipes, because you have to pay attention? Oh wait, just send the Beast a tell and have it mail you all the loot you want. Make pande tougher.
    Causing wipes? I never mentioned wiping on the beast. If you go back to my original post, the main issue I have is that the addition of a longer/more frequent reflect shield just makes the encounter take a lot longer.. for no apparent reason whatsoever. I don't need an additional timesink.. do you?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 20th, 2013 at 03:11:02.

Read my original post (first post in this thread) as I covered it all there (not trying to be rude but I've repeated the same thing I few times in this thread and well.. even I am starting to get tired of reading the same 4 lines of explanation). I'm saying the change they made should be reversed or if it is a bug.. it should be fixed.
    Well, the changes you've noticed appeared about 4-5 months ago. AO devs discovered that mobs / bosses had their offensive capabilities hard-capped even though their aggressiveness should have been higher; so they removed this hidden nerf.

This resulted in:
    - beast hits now like truck and faster
    - beast nukes are more dangerous to low HP professions since they will tend to hit with their max dmg'
    - increased chances of beast nuking right after popping dmg shield; makes it fun for my shade
    - increased Beast defenses
    - blues now hit harder and have a more AR; if before my shade in close to suicidal gear could ignore them, now, if the tank looses agg, it's like in that Chub Chubs video: "Mommy!!!!!"
    - spiders are now evil since their nukes hurt which makes them almost as dangerous as blues

I've heard rumors that actually pande mobs effectively got their AR doubled - at least in sime situations it would make sense.

However, it does make for some interesting pande raids.

The only thing that was not funny was FC's fix to people doing zodiacs and TNH in small teams (2-3 people). Why I find it annoying? Because, while I never sold lootrights, it was actually nice to be able to some nifty stuff for my lowbies or for people in the org.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    Well, the changes you've noticed appeared about 4-5 months ago. AO devs discovered that mobs / bosses had their offensive capabilities hard-capped even though their aggressiveness should have been higher; so they removed this hidden nerf.
    Ok.. so 2 years ago they discovered that mob inits had a hard attack speed cap of like 1213 and removed that cap. Are you saying 4-5 months ago they discovered something else? If so, have any link to where they posted about this?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 20th, 2013 at 07:29:59.

Ok.. so 2 years ago they discovered that mob inits had a hard attack speed cap of like 1213 and removed that cap. Are you saying 4-5 months ago they discovered something else? If so, have any link to where they posted about this?
    Oups... mixed up some things. Apologies Posting without having the first mug of coffee.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

After doing 4-5 beast runs per day for the past few days to a week, I am once again asking..

When is this going to be fixed/addressed? I understand that maybe you aren't getting widespread complaints on the forums, but I can assure you that people are not happy about it in game.

ETA on fix?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I kind of think FC's attitude on this sort of thing is: well, look at all the people getting beast loot every day, it must not be a real problem. Same with all the other cheap tricks and shoddy timesinks ingame (why do SL dynas need to skip, for instance?). Would love to have some official statement about the thinking that governs priorities for "quality of life" changes.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Trypha View Post
    I kind of think FC's attitude on this sort of thing is: well, look at all the people getting beast loot every day, it must not be a real problem. Same with all the other cheap tricks and shoddy timesinks ingame (why do SL dynas need to skip, for instance?). Would love to have some official statement about the thinking that governs priorities for "quality of life" changes.
    I think FC is just trying to get that graphics update up and running and has no resources left to do anything else. No bug fixes, no profession "balancing", and absolutly no updates to the game.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    I think FC is just trying to get that graphics update up and running and has no resources left to do anything else. No bug fixes, no profession "balancing", and absolutly no updates to the game.
    Well, there is a difference between the 1 or 2 people they have who know how to program and are working on the engine and the artists/designer type people who can create new items and work with the tools to adjust drop rates and things like that. Having heard about AO's code we can guess that the Beast's reflect behavior is hardcoded and would need Macrosun's intervention to change, although that isn't guaranteed. Just look at the latest testlive patchnotes to get some idea of what they can do without a lot of Macrosun's help.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Halloween loot > game that works properly

ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12