Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobs dropping aggro 10ft from their pullpoint?

The bugged mobs look absolutely horrible. If I saw this game for the first time I would be of the opinion that the developers had just stopped trying.

I don't care if the mobs lose aggro or not really, but at the least implement something that ensures they do not become stuck in the geometry.

Even players get stuck in geometry. Fair is fair, mobs should get stuck too.

Trains were a fun way to socialize though, said they disappeared. I recall when I was on lowby char, long time ago, where I trained out to totw, and killed someone with my train in the process. Apologized, talked to em, teamed, and we spend some time talking and killing mobs in totw together.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

The point is they shouldn't get stuck forever.

If they'd reset after a minute or so, everything would be good.

The real fix: Mob pathing should be vastly improved. A mob should know it is running in to a wall and should be able to calculate a path back to it's spawn point. The first game system where I became aware of pathing similar to this was Baldur's Gate which predates AO by at least 10 years.
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by smokex View Post
    The real fix: Mob pathing should be vastly improved. A mob should know it is running in to a wall and should be able to calculate a path back to it's spawn point. The first game system where I became aware of pathing similar to this was Baldur's Gate which predates AO by at least 10 years.
    Actually 3 years, but close enough.

Also, BG is purely 2D, and the pathing is also far from perfect.

BG 2 had much better pathing, and predates AO by 1 year.

If you want to see something really horrendous go to Crypt of Home into the sewers, I think there is not one single attackable mob down there :P

I can see that fixing the pathing might be too much work, but it should be possible to let stuck mobs autofix themselves...

Why bother trying to fix the broken pathing...

The mobs should just teleport back to spawn when they activate return to base mode.

Alternatively revert the 'fixes' to return to base mode and keep everyone happy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12