Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So where are all the nomads?

That are you talking? Im camping atm Nomads on my Froob i got 150 items in 4h and im not camping that intensiv

How it can take 1 year to correct some simple loot table? Makes me wonder... Wouldn't it be simpler to just schedule update for next week and correct it... and maybe increase the amount of spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksmore1 View Post
    That are you talking? Im camping atm Nomads on my Froob i got 150 items in 4h and im not camping that intensiv
    so 4 hrs farming is not camping intensely lol

wailing wastes is a desert region, why are there not lowbie nomads in this zone?
    add them there please
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    so 4 hrs farming is not camping intensely lol
    It's really not.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    It's really not.
    it is for those of us that can't string together that much playtime because we have rl responsibilities
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Nomad armor are Twinking items ,not common drop you can get the Social items without any Problems whitin 30 min a ql 1 set nomads too.
    The ql 300 set is for Twinking if you want that you need time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksmore1 View Post
    Nomad armor are Twinking items ,not common drop you can get the Social items without any Problems whitin 30 min a ql 1 set nomads too.
    The ql 300 set is for Twinking if you want that you need time.
    And therein lies the problem, unless you can dedicate an inordinate amount of time to farming, you can forget about a ql 300 set of nomads.
    and not everyone has 220's to farm 250's in pw
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

And this is what is killing AO.

Leveling is almost instantaneous but gearing up a toon to be able to play the game is reserved for those living in their mother's basement.

This said I agree that the good stuff should not be easy and fast to get. A few more nomads at different levels would be a good thing, increasing drop rates significantly wouldnt.

What I would like to see is more quests with armors at different qls available. Give 50 tokens get a ql 50 set. Give 100 tokens get a ql 100 set. Up to ql 300 sets available for 300 tokens.
    Last edited by Gimpynoob; Jun 29th, 2013 at 15:37:57. Reason: I C AN I.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    ... this is not a happy celebratory event, the way its designed it brings out the worst in people and paints the game in a purely negative light.
    I agree! There is KSing and ODing going on all over the place because of the rotten drop rate and the general lack of mobs. This event is bringing out the worst in the players. I am sure that AO still has best community out there but it is Rome in decline. The number of greedy, self-centered, inconsiderate, arrogant children has increased while the older mature gamers that believe in co-operative team work and fair play is decreasing disproportionately to the rise in thug gamers. My enfo was fighting a mob in PW when a gang of dolts rudely attacked my mob, killed it in about 2 seconds and jacked the l00t.

In over 5 hours my enfo managed to get 4 or 5 tokens. Some people actually work, have a wife, kids, projects/interests outside of AO and do not have 250 to 500 hours to invest in framing tokens. This event is a huge disappointment. Lord of the Rings Online has great festival events where the drop rates are good and it is a bit of work to get cool items but it does not take 200 hours of grinding. Funcom could take a lesson from Turbine when it comes to events.

As to the lack of nomads, I did see a bunch of mobs near the Tinker but everywhere else they are supposed to be the mobs are more scarce than hair on my bald head. There were several at various tower fields BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by dysfunktion View Post
    i love how much testing.... Why not do an emergency patch or extend the amount of time theyre around? What a joke.

bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Are you sure lower level ones have the right drop rate?

Killed around 50 in NLD quickly to check and only got 4 tinker items. That still makes around 3000 kills to get a set.
    BUMP! - 5 hours for me with 4-5 items....

And therein lies the problem, unless you can dedicate an inordinate amount of time to farming, you can forget about a ql 300 set of nomads.
    and not everyone has 220's to farm 250's in pw
    My level 200 enfo was getting ODed and KSed so much in PW I gave up on even trying to get any gear there.

Oh, look, another thread degenerating into "It's impossible, I cannot put 20 minutes over the course of a month into x because I have real life responsibilities and if you have a different experience or think otherwise the only other possibility is that you live in your mother's basement/don't work/whatever." crap again.

This anniversary is going to last a while, but I already know what all of your excuses will be. You should just learn to blame someone other than Funcom for it, there are way more options to get what you need from this anniversary. I cannot see how someone who tries cannot get what they need. Sure, they didn't do it the best possible way, and there were mistakes, but the anniversary is not "A disaster," "Worst event ever," "Funcom turning the game into basement dweller heaven," "Everyone mass exodus unsubscribe-worthy" or any of that crap.
    Last edited by wonderland; Jun 29th, 2013 at 18:54:10.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    Oh, look, another thread degenerating into "It's impossible, I cannot put 20 minutes over the course of a month into x because I have real life responsibilities and if you have a different experience or think otherwise the only other possibility is that you live in your mother's basement/don't work/whatever." crap again.

This anniversary is going to last a while, but I already know what all of your excuses will be. You should just learn to blame someone other than Funcom for it, there are way more options to get what you need from this anniversary. I cannot see how someone who tries cannot get what they need. Sure, they didn't do it the best possible way, and there were mistakes, but the anniversary is not "A disaster," "Worst event ever," "Funcom turning the game into basement dweller heaven," "Everyone mass exodus unsubscribe-worthy" or any of that crap.
    oh look another person who thinks they have all the answers and if we were all like you the world would be so much better.

so tell me O enlightened one, just how many ways are there for a lvl 199 to get a set of ql 300 nomads. without dual logging a 220 to kill the 250 nomads (if you can find any). or trying to get 250 tokens. which by the way I have only 8 after killing over 100 lowbies.

and 20 minutes over a month? you mean 20 min a day? haha good luck with that, I spent an hour and found 1 drop off the supposed increased lowbie nomads.

not everyone is you get over yourself.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 30th, 2013 at 00:42:59.
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

Talking

oh look another person who thinks they have all the answers and if we were all like you the world would be so much better.

Nice! - I think the mommy basement dwellers are upset with those of us that suffer wife aggro.....

You guys seriously get 4 to 5 items per 5 hours? I think I have about 20 backpacks full of token items, and I play at night for like 3 hours :P you guys are doing something horribly wrong. And also, the crying needs to stop
    Last edited by Poko; Jun 29th, 2013 at 20:26:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Poko View Post
    You guys seriously get 4 to 5 items per 5 hours? I think I have about 20 backpacks full of token items, and I play at night for like 3 hours :P you guys are doing something horribly wrong. And also, the crying needs to stop
    your doing something wrong because look at ME I've got xxx amount in only xxx time stupid noobs quit cryin.

another person with all the right answers and were doing something horribly wrong because we don't match your uber droprate mojo. what a joke
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

Joke? And you guys are really doing something terrible wrong if your getting 4 to 5 items per 5 hour, and my uber droprate? Right, go on. and yes. You all really need to quit crying over items. Its a video game. I'm sure you will wake up the next day even if you only supposely got "4 to 5 items per 5 hours" lmao.

so tell me O enlightened one, just how many ways are there for a lvl 199 to get a set of ql 300 nomads. without dual logging a 220 to kill the 250 nomads (if you can find any). or trying to get 250 tokens. which by the way I have only 8 after killing over 100 lowbies.

and 20 minutes over a month? you mean 20 min a day? haha good luck with that, I spent an hour and found 1 drop off the supposed increased lowbie nomads.

Something tells me you are a terrible liar sir.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 30th, 2013 at 00:44:08.

Joke? And you guys are really doing something terrible wrong if your getting 4 to 5 items per 5 hour, and my uber droprate? Right, go on. and yes. You all really need to quit crying over items. Its a video game. I'm sure you will wake up the next day even if you only supposely got "4 to 5 items per 5 hours" lmao.
    another pointless post now with unfounded accusations attached (troll much?)

Something tells me you are a terrible liar sir.
    just spent an hour in newland desert killing lvl1 nomads with my lvl 60, got around 60-70 kills between all the 220's running through. lotsa social items and a grand total of 11 tokens.
    is there some special way to kill them for better droprates? I'm sure killing them is all that is required, so tell me, what can I possibly be doing wrong?
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast