Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Encounters that you want to be affected by NSD

Question Encounters that you want to be affected by NSD

Okies.
    After all the fuzz about the news of NSD nerf in the NPE patch, I talked with Genele and she sugested me to make a thread to ask you all:
    Which encounters and effects you would want to be shutdown by NSD?

I'd sugest a report format as:

• Name of Encounter - Mob - Effect: Why do you think its reasonable (this is not needed but would be well apreciated)

While devs have no manpower to beat a rework on all mobs right now, they are willing to check and change a bunch of then in regards of NSD immunity.
    Last edited by lainbr; Apr 3rd, 2015 at 18:33:56.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Reserved
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

The Beast - AOE nuke. Removal of dmg shield/reflect if possible.

12 man - Shut down fear, morph, and mind control.

DB 2 - Prevent warping.

I'll try to think of some more...
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

This is a useful thread. I wonder if there are also some more normal encounters where NSD is really useful at present... but will be very difficult in future without having regular NSDs available?

I know there are various alien types and some smaller bosses in the Shadowlands that we can shut down consistently with NSD at the moment... but with short duration and long CDs there's a weakening there that FC might be able to reduce.

Can I also mention that it would be really useful to get a bunch of people doing some testing during the NPE release on the test server. That will be the best time to get feedback to FC on difficulties that are brought about by the new changes.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    I'd vote for dmg/reflect being our primary goal, with AoE nuke as secondary. Most people can survive the nuke, but if MPs could counter the reflect, it makes the fight go faster, which is what more people want, so more teams for us.

Is there going to be some indication of when these mobs are casting these or about to cast these so our NSD is actually useful? Or will it still be a crapshoot? At 15s duration, I don't even care if it affects anything or not, it's completely useless in my eyes. If there was some chat thing like "The Beast prepares to unleash his wrath" for the AoE, where if we pay attention and cast it right then it would block the AoE, I'd be more open to the 15s duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    "The Beast prepares to unleash his wrath" for the AoE, where if we pay attention and cast it right then it would block the AoE, I'd be more open to the 15s duration.
    Without something along these lines 15s is a crapshoot lol.

***UNLESS...NSD is reworked to clear the effects or cancel the effects for 15s!!! THAT would be usefull. Example beast put up shield...BAM shield down for 15s. Also could work for apf shields.***

Beast- aoe/reflect

All of these already have a vocal component to their effects I wouldn't mind being able to negate.

Deranged Xan- charm effect
    Vortexx- nano drain
    db1- earthquake
    db2- cloud

Would keep in lines with the description of the changes making MP's being more of a caster prof during combat. It would also require the MP to be paying attention for those cues to time the casting with vocal que.
    Last edited by Psikie; Jun 27th, 2013 at 18:32:14.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

ALL OF THEM 8D

I'll come back when I have something meaningful to contribute that hasn't already been said. >_>
    :E

Just don't let them remove the ability to cast it on Kyr'Ozch Technicians in AI dailys, my MP would get pwnt!
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I'd vote for dmg/reflect being our primary goal, with AoE nuke as secondary. Most people can survive the nuke, but if MPs could counter the reflect, it makes the fight go faster, which is what more people want, so more teams for us.
    I put it 2nd because I don't know if they would be willing to give us the ability to clear the reflect/shield nano from the beast. I would say it would be the one that I would want most, but I just don't see us getting it.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Prevention of shield/nuke being casted. Removal should be doable with Epsilon Purge imo.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Prevention of shield/nuke being casted. Removal should be doable with Epsilon Purge imo.
    Think about that. REALLY hard.

You have a 15 second nano to prevent an effect that randomly happens.
    Last edited by Flyingengi; Jun 27th, 2013 at 20:04:41.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Just don't let them remove the ability to cast it on Kyr'Ozch Technicians in AI dailys, my MP would get pwnt!
    You'll still be able to cast it, but you will get a 15 second debuff once every 60 seconds. So the Technician will stop casting for 15 seconds, but then start casting again. That's 1/4 of the time debuffed.

If you have the second NSD, then you should get another 15 second debuff, so with both you can NSD for 30 seconds every 60 seconds... so 1/2 time debuffed.

X

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    You'll still be able to cast it, but you will get a 15 second debuff once every 60 seconds. So the Technician will stop casting for 15 seconds, but then start casting again. That's 1/4 of the time debuffed.

If you have the second NSD, then you should get another 15 second debuff, so with both you can NSD for 30 seconds every 60 seconds... so 1/2 time debuffed.

X
    Considering its a line CD and not a targed CD, I'd say you cannot cast both NSD and eNSD

That Annoying Alba PB that warps team members around the playfield. I would gladly team more MPs if they could stop that for 1/4 or 1/2 of the time!

More as I think of them.

If MPs became useful/desirable in teams in the aforementioned ways I might think about rolling one (and not deleting it later)

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Considering its a line CD and not a targed CD, I'd say you cannot cast both NSD and eNSD
    Oops... I hadn't spotted that... but hold on... that makes no sense. Why have two nanos at all then? If one of them prevents you from using the other... Since it's a CD and not an 'immune on debuff', you can't even try using the second one after a resisted attempt.

It seems incredibly weak to have a second nano that just has a slightly better NR check and so it replaces the lower one. Meh... I imagine that the nuking aliens might be partly countered by the DtP anyway...

I'm honestly not sure why it was felt that nerfing the NSDs was such a big issue that it had to be rushed out in the NPE, without the other system changes accompanying it. The PvM side is pretty much constant for the MP with these changes - and the PvP side will see people largely swapping Specials Blockers for DtP but sticking to the Zset - while Bow MPs will struggle even more than before.

If there had been a huge boost in our offensive power, like getting some of the new nukes, I could perhaps have understood the nerf a bit better. But I really don't see why there needs to be such a nerf at this time.

Ach we'll see what happens I guess.

X

DB 1: shut down the quake effect (make quake effect be a nano program on aune)

Dreadloch: peal thunder: NSD peal to stop his NSD

Recon Commander: NSD to stop vehicle removal (stun? effect)

DB3: fire level, NSD to stop the instadeath nuke

IS: one of the side bosses on level 3: NSD to stop him summoning the stupid skeletons

Foremans: lab director: NSD to stop him summoning the executive ball things

Foremans: Rikrak: NSD to stop his stupid stun (friggin thing is OP as hell)

AI ships: NSD any mini-boss to eliminate the chance of boss warp

AI raids: NSD Jaax to stop him chain casting blockers (I've fought a high level jaax before where about 5-10 hits per minute were landing on my MA, was a very, very long fight)

Collector: NSD the witch lady to stop her from summoning young orchids

Allappa: NSD any mob to stop it from casting those bloody long roots/snares

Albatraum: NSD sister merciless to stop her from warping (and/or blind still occurs)

Albatraum: NSD the horrors to stop them casting the -5000AC debuff etc.

Albatraum: NSD the keeper to stop him from either nuking or summoning the little purple things

I don't know how many of these are already in game, but these are the things (not exhaustive) I'd like to see affected by NSD.

I don't care, a 15s long prevention nano based on guesswork is a bad idea. I'm over it, let's see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    I don't care, a 15s long prevention nano based on guesswork is a bad idea. I'm over it, let's see what happens.
    Agreed, such a poor idea.
    There are SO many things in more need of change, and this is definately being one of the last things important.

While being so used to MP being frakked over, i really dont care. Seem MP's is too used to eating the poo it begins to actually taste like lasagne now. Keep it coming FC!

As mentioned above, if we can get an answer if the new NSD will wipe the boss ncu for 15s, or there will be some way to indicate when the boss will be using a said special so we can time our NSD to be useful, else its useless and based on guesswork IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    ALL OF THEM 8D
    Omg this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast