Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Borealis Story Summary

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Omni-Tek lost days ago when they started an orbital bombardment of a civilian population center.
    When they ATTEMPTED to bombard a civilian population center, - Tir. All they actually did was blow a big hole in the ground, and kill their leaders.

(even if it took the patch to actually see said hole. Which - is impressive)
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

Quote Originally Posted by StanimirB View Post
    When they ATTEMPTED to bombard a civilian population center, - Tir. All they actually did was blow a big hole in the ground, and kill their leaders.

(even if it took the patch to actually see said hole. Which - is impressive)
    I was lead to believe 2 or 3 days ago Omni-Tek was launching Orbital Strikes into Borealis, which resulted in all the rubble.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    WTB chat logs pls.
    Sorry, due to the amount of mass spam i turned chat logs off for that event

Also as an fyi incase people hadn't noticed, the timeline on AOs main site is now being updated in conjunction with Editor News posts and Rubi-Ka Buzz.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    I was lead to believe 2 or 3 days ago Omni-Tek was launching Orbital Strikes into Borealis, which resulted in all the rubble.
    You believe correctly, along with missile bombardments.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Hi all,

I've been fairly busy recently so I haven't kept this thread quite as up-to-date as I'd like. There's still lots of information here, though.

That said, I'm kind of aware that even if I was ingame all the time, I wouldn't be able to learn everything about the story due to things like faction restrictions and standing-within-the-community.

So I have a request of the RP crowd who are a bit more privileged than others with information: Let's talk about it some more

I know that some people are concerned about giving away spoilers, and while I don't think that this is usually an issue with information learned from events, there's a simple compromise that would be really helpful to others if you're active on the forum.

SPOILERS
    Your spoilers go here.
    End spoilers.

Just use: [color=#062c36]

This way we can have actual open discussion and obsess over the tiniest details as much as we like.

Thanks
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

I plan on providing a write-up from Sunday's events later tonight, but yeah...spoileriffic might be an understatement!
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

Awesome

Thanks Phantom. Very much looking forward to it from what little I saw in #AO-Events last night.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Alright, this is going to be a bit of a long one as I'll cover both the events from Sunday as well as those that occurred a couple of weeks ago, which I never got around to sharing. Might as well lay it all out, right?

This is a hopefully not-so-necessary disclaimer about meta-info. Please remember that all the information contained in this post remains strictly out-of-character for you, the reader, and should not be adopted as knowledge by your characters in-game unless someone privy to this fills you in! Not sure what I mean? Refer to Wikipedia's article on meta-gaming.

June 30th, 29487

Following the death of Tarkhan Zora, Robert Rosuma, and Jessica Lonare, Phantom consulted with Cora and, after deducing that Bahirae was likely making a power play, combined Cora's statements with what few scraps of "evidence" they could muster and his own witness account to issue a desperate arrest warrant under his authority as an agent with InternOps. Cora was advised to carry out the arrest prior to the speech, as Phantom assumed Bahirae would do...well, precisely what she did.

July 2nd, 29487

Although Phantom wasn't present during Bahirae's address, he was observing it remotely and witnessed the attempted arrest of Bahirae and subsequent capture of Omni-Pol, as well as MAX's statements defending Bahirae throughout the ordeal. While he expected some retaliation for issuing the arrest in the first place, he figured he could save face by playing up the fact that he explicitly warned against an arrest after martial law had been declared, and so issued a transmission to MAX's office hoping to clear the air, and insisting that MAX fill him in on whatever cause he had to defend Bahirae.

Of course, having only returned to Rubi-Ka a couple of months prior, he had no idea that the actual MAX had been off-planet on the Constanople since April. He was only made privy to this fact later that evening during Omni-Pol's attempt to gather resistance, when Officer Fairbank revealed as much. At this point, Phantom was prepared for a confrontation with the false MAX, but figured that in a worst case scenario he could still come out of it with some pertinent information. The chaos of the situation was getting to him at this point however, and the normally-reserved InternOps agent pulled a move of desperation: he sought counsel with the Unredeemed*, whom as a meta-physicist he had always admired but never before bargained with.

July 3rd, 29487

By the next morning, Phantom had both secured a future meeting with the Patriarch Prophet Nar Van of Penumbra's White Citadel, as well as received a response from MAX. His transmission had been routed off-planet to the Constanople, and reached the legitimate MAX who was of course surprised to learn that he had a double on Rubi-Ka. MAX informed Phantom that he had requested a shuttle from the Constanople and was en-route to the planet, but three months out. The two were scheduled to conference via holocomm the following day.

Meanwhile, Omni-Pol had established a new base of operations in Belial Forest, where Phantom shared what he had learned from MAX with Cora. During this time he also suggested that she begin to look into more unconventional allies - something she was hesitant to do, particularly when he mentioned the Clans - before sharing his thoughts on contacting allies of his own, the Unredeemed. This particular suggestion set Cora off, as she feared what might come by drawing them into our conflict. Phantom then revealed that he had already made contact with them and their involvement was inevitable, before departing the make-shift base.

July 4th, 29487

Phantom spent the next day in his orbital apartment, which he used as a refuge from the troubles on the planet's surface, and from which he also hoped to establish a stronger signal for his meeting with MAX. Before long, a weak but consistent signal came through.

SPOILER ALERT!

Once MAX assured Phantom that he had appraised himself of the situation since receiving Phantom's initial transmission, the two set about investigating the truth of the events. Phantom informed MAX of the reasons behind his issuing the arrest warrant, at which point MAX reviewed the autopsy reports of Zora, Rosuma, and Lonare, and discovered that while the latter two died as a result of the explosion, Zora had only suffered minor wounds. The cause of his death was the result of a four-ton blow to the chest, which MAX deduced was delivered by Bahirae, who is capable of adjusting her strength internally to inhuman levels.

With MAX referring to her as the BAHIRAE Unit, Phantom inquired further, and it was revealed that Bahirae was the result of something called the ARES Project, a confidential Omni-Tek program with the goal of creating a cloneable warmachine. The Bahirae that had assumed the role of CEO was the first of such units, to which all other units were beholden. MAX also informed Phantom that without infallible evidence of Bahirae murdering Zora, her ascent to CEO was effectively legal and the only person with the authority to displace her, Ivan Sergeyich, was no longer in a position to do so. Lastly, it was suggested that part of the Damacles Array could have been used to weaken/deactivate (not clear on this part) Bahirae, but she had already seen to the array's destruction. At this point the signal cut out, and Bahirae tore through Phantom's apartment door with her bare hands.

She had been monitoring off-world transmissions, and confronted Phantom about who he had been talking to. At first Phantom lied, saying that he was attempting to liaise with Omni-Prime for new orders, however after interfacing with Bahirae a bit longer, he decided to adjust the story and claim that MAX had piggy-backed the signal to contact him. Bahirae asked Phantom to refrain from contacting MAX or herself again as a matter of security, and also asked him to confirm as much for her. He attempted to avoid doing so without outright refusing her, and she seemed to acquiesce, but then asked permission to make a private transmission from his garden. There, Bahirae sent a transmission to MAX using recorded statements Phantom had made in his conversation with her, re-sequenced to sound as though he was informing MAX that he would be cutting off contact with him.

Phantom was able to overhear parts of Bahirae's transmission and while he wasn't entirely sure what she was up to, he had a pretty good idea, so knowing both that he was between a rock and a hard place with InternOps at this point, and that Bahirae was legal CEO, he decided to take advantage of the situation and play to her vanity and vengeance, offering her Omni-Pol's new position in exchange for a simple department transfer: to Omni-Tek's long-confidential meta-physics department, which he had been wanting in on for years. She was quick to grant him this, he figured Omni-Pol had slipped through her fingers enough that they'd live through whatever she had in store now, and he finally had achieved something very, very important...

END SPOILERS

In the Interim...

Between the time of his confrontation with Bahirae and the events Sunday, Phantom would proceed to tell Cora (almost) everything he had learned from MAX in the hopes that she would be able to follow leads more freely while he continued to feign loyalty to the CEO. Unfortunately for him, once he shared the legality of Bahirae's position, Cora's reform programming and sense of duty superceded her personal feelings about the situation, and she was prepared to turn herself and Omni-Pol in. At this point, Phantom incapacitated her and wiped her memory of the immediate conversation, no longer trusting how anyone in Omni-Tek might react and resolving to keep that information close to his chest for the foreseeable future. (Fun fact: at one point in this conversation, Phantom actually suggested that Cora choose what is 'right' over what is 'legal'. Undermining corporate values, indeed!)

Much later, once he had heard more from his contacts with the Unredeemed, Phantom invited both Cora as representative of Omni-Pol and Validius as representative of the Department of Investigations to meet with him in Jobe**, instructing both to bring up to four peers that they believed were suited to the expedition that would culminate in meeting with the Patriarch Prophet.

July 14th, 29487

At Phantom's behest, Cora and Novagen representing Omni-Pol, Validius and Vikriana representing the Department of Investigations, and Doctor Christopher "Seraph" Channing, a newly-acquired partner for Phantom's research in Omni-Meta, gathered in Jobe Plaza where they awaited word that the Patriarch Prophet would receive them. After hours of not-so-playful jabs at one another, doubt in Phantom's proposed plan, and a fair bit of tense silence, a storm swept over Jobe signaling that the time had come. As only Cora and Novagen had been granted passage to Penumbra by Ergo, Phantom informed the other three that he would send for them from the Shadowlands, before transporting himself and the Omni-Pol officers to the Garden of Dalja, from which they then proceeded to Vanya's garden, and the White Citadel beyond.

INCREDIBLY HUGE SPOILER ALERT!

The snow whipped up around them, and dark voices carried on the winds as the three made their way to Vanya's temple. Cora, not used to traveling in the Shadowlands and not trusting the Unredeemed, kept her weapon at the ready and was quick to aim it at any passing thing. As the two set foot inside the Citadel's dark halls, the Prophet's voice fell upon them and urged them forward. The three hastily ran to the antechamber where the Prophet was waiting for them, as were three others.

The first was Omega Carlos Truhillo. Fully armored with his face masked, none of the three would know who he was. The second was more recognizable as the man who had commanded Omni-Tek's forces in Borealis just a few days prior: Captain Jonothan Townsend. And of course, there was no mistaking the third figure: the ever-lovely Director of Omni-Reform, Eva Pourais. The three were of course shocked to see anyone else there, much less people of importance within the corporation, however Eva welcomed them as though the situation was perfectly normal, and before they could press their curiosity further, the Patriarch Prophet commanded their attention.

Phantom prostrated himself before the Prophet, explaining that he feared Bahirae would bring ruin to Omni-Tek and, hoping to emphasize the Prophet's own losses, explained how the loss of such valuable allies would impact the Unredeemed's war as well. He asked the Prophet to bestow Vanya's wisdom and show them the truth of things, so they might know how to act in light of the turmoil. The Prophet saw fit to grant what was requested, proclaiming that the "Obsidian Age" was already upon us. He directed Carlos Truhillo and Eva Pourais, referring to both as Omegas, to sacrifice a Redeemed that had been captured and held in the antechamber. The sacrifice would be used to draw on Vanya's power and fuel the ritual that was to come.

Eva and Carlos were instructed to act as temporal anchors as the Prophet brought Jonothan, Phantom, Cora, Novagen, and himself into a vision of the past; a facility on Omni-Prime, nineteen years prior, at the time when Bahirae was first activated. At Phantom's behest, the three left behind in Jobe were also due to be brought into the vision, but the Prophet was only able to connect with Seraph to do so***. The five were shown the lab where the ARES Project was born, and watched as the final diagnostics were ran and Bahirae downloaded the ARES program. Upon initialization, Bahirae posited four queries, one of which was identified as the moment in time when the events of the present were set in motion: upon asking if as a war machine, in times of peace, she should seek to incite war, the scientist on the ARES Project answered a simple 'Yes'. After this revelation, we were brought back to the Temple, only to soon be cast into another vision, only this one would be a vision of the future.

The five found themselves in the Tower of Truth, in the year 29488, at the moment in time when Bahirae would kill the four remaining leaders on Rubi-Ka: Anita Riahan, Simon Silverstone, Henry Radiman...

...and Philip Ross.

The Prophet also revealed that among those four, one was the last of the Omega, though he did not know who. Bahirae had killed all the others at this point in time. The group looked on in horror as Bahirae confronted one leader after the other, sentencing each to permadeath and killing them on the spot. With all four dead, she proclaimed herself master of her Obsidian Army and Omni-Tek, and declared peace on Rubi-Ka. Of course, if she was meant to create war in times of peace, and peace had been achieved...

END SPOILERS

There were other key things revealed in that vision, things that may yet come to pass, and things that I don't feel comfortable revealing even behind a spoiler tag! Suffice to say however, the stakes have been raised, and there are many paths open to us now. This is, in my opinion, easily the biggest thing to hit Rubi-Ka since Anarchy Online began, and I'm really excited to help get as many people as possible involved. So by all means, if you haven't fallen down the rabbit hole yet but are eager to do so, feel free to poke me and I'll help get first encounters set up.

*It wasn't 100% clear how the timeline ended up working out with this, but since I issued Phantom's first interactions with the Unredeemed on the 2nd I figured I'd keep that in place for the re-telling.

**Sort of related to the above, the (unimaginably fantastic) events team informed me that they were going all-out with the Prophet event and so I should gather more participants, but since that was an OOC communication I'm again taking some liberties here, and saying that Phantom just decided to invite these guys along for the proper meeting for the sake of witnesses, alongside some other reasons. Vash, if I'm at all off with this, feel free to correct me!

***There were delays involved in Sunday's event and so Validius and Vik bowed out before the point at which they would be summoned. I deliberately left this part vague, as I'm not sure how they'd like to interpret that ICly.
    Last edited by Phantom; Jul 16th, 2013 at 06:00:26.
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

OOC:
    I'm not into roleplaying in any game, at all, but this **** is literally really captivating. You might end up turning me if the juicy bits keep coming

Awesome information, and I love how all this is playing out, especially with the events team going nuts lately!
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

This is what roleplaying and events are all about. If you had told me things were gunna go this route a year or so ago, I would have laughed in your face. However, Lornavash's return along with many of the old crew and the new crew.. these guys are beastly on plot and story arcs. I've been involved in a relatively small percentage of it, and I'm ecstatic over what's been going on.

I know however, going on like this can burn people out. I've seen it before and have experienced it firsthand. I really hope we can keep things fresh and worthwhile through the summer and into the fall. I just gotta say too, that things are actually going to get a lot more spectacular before they start to die down. Things are being discussed behind the scenes and even apocalypse scenarios were mentioned as rumours.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    This is what roleplaying and events are all about. If you had told me things were gunna go this route a year or so ago, I would have laughed in your face. However, Lornavash's return along with many of the old crew and the new crew.. these guys are beastly on plot and story arcs. I've been involved in a relatively small percentage of it, and I'm ecstatic over what's been going on.

I know however, going on like this can burn people out. I've seen it before and have experienced it firsthand. I really hope we can keep things fresh and worthwhile through the summer and into the fall. I just gotta say too, that things are actually going to get a lot more spectacular before they start to die down. Things are being discussed behind the scenes and even apocalypse scenarios were mentioned as rumours.
    I honestly have never seen any of the roleplaying events before other than small events team things that didn't have to do with the main storyline, and this is absolutely fascinating
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

It's what should have been done from the get-go instead of letting the story become stagnated.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    All the Things
    Holy meatballs!
    :E

Great stuff guys. Its really fun seeing the story unfold like this.

Now I just hope I can be online to do the little part i have been able to get caught up in

Thanks very much, Phantom! Great stuff.

Also, thanks for posting Dysfunktion. One of the reasons I made this thread was because I was sure there are people who like to follow the stories but don't like to RP. In the past that's been almost impossible.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

The next part is planned to take place tomorrow at 20:00RST (GMT) as i noted here.

It was great to actually be there for once, though only for a bit in the begining. My Omni is a super lowbie, so when we moved, I kept dying too quick to stick around and actually see what was going on. Still had fun!

-Etika, Omni-pol wanna be.
    -Tanisthonus. 212MP. Unity of the Rose. Atlantean.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...66&postcount=3

Questions:

What was former Omni-Pol doing in Tir? Trying to get Clans to help take down Bahirae?

Cora was capture again by OT? Wasn't she captured once already? Was she reformed and released and then she unreformed herself somehow?
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Questions:

What was former Omni-Pol doing in Tir? Trying to get Clans to help take down Bahirae?

Cora was capture again by OT? Wasn't she captured once already? Was she reformed and released and then she unreformed herself somehow?
    Seems they were looking for evidence against Bahirae: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...5&postcount=17

Eeio wrote an IC story that seems to tell a lot about what happened in Tir last night: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=606757
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Questions:

I'll be writing up a summary of last nights events shorlty. But as Red said, we went into Tir to secure the evidence we need against Bahirae that was hidden in the tower of truth.

The first time i handed myself in as a plan to get close to Novagen and then spring him out, but we were all set free by Omni-Reform Director Eva Pourais anyway.

This time, after how things played out i deemed myself unfit for duty and relieved myself of command, giving Shadyn the reigns of Omni-Pol since Novagen and now i are in prison. I've just been reformed and am in a recovery unit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast