Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Meta-Physicist NPE Changes

I wonder how many of the "Boo" shouters actually have Mps.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    *raises hand*
    :E

U havent said anything before this yet, u didnt shout anything yet
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Yeah I wasn't gonna post in this thread because a lot of what I wanted to say I wasn't sure how to say it.

There are a lot of good things, but the things that aren't so good are negative to an extent where I'm left feeling like it overshadows the good parts. And some of the bad parts don't seem to have occurred to anyone else judging from the replies so far, which makes them so niche that if I brought them up nobody would care anyway.

That and there's a big part of me that feels like I've mothballed my MP to such an extent that I probably don't even have the right to comment any more. The energy with which to give a damn just isn't there these days.

Maybe I'll get worked up later after I'm more awake and then I'll go all Righteous Indignation as Gatester likes to call it. But for now my verdict can be summed up as follows:

"...meh."
    Last edited by Ahndracorvid; Jun 23rd, 2013 at 11:58:59.

Well if u see something that we dont see its all the more interresting, so if u can put em into words that more usefull than if u dont
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

I love all those changes!! Just make it happens asap

Well if u see something that we dont see its all the more interresting, so if u can put em into words that more usefull than if u dont
    I second Metafly on it. I toke a week to remember about NSD removers
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Just to finish it off tho wed want:

https://dyp.im/qYACihlEWi
    or..
    https://dyp.im/LjnCxjunaO
    or..
    https://dyp.im/t2VuPsZ16C

Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

I appreciate your open-mindedness but I doubt many people would care about froob raids for starters.

Thats indeed a point, froobs do need to be able to take down Hollow Island and stuff like that, was there anything said about a purely pvm NSD Lain/Just?

Edit:
    Actually if FC would make the high end mobs have only 120 Nanoskills to much and the low to mid lvl mobs 70 nanoskills to much then the Dominates and Unmakes would do the NSD job. Whilst leaving the NR1 (Zap) from Sloobs not usefull. If ur NR2 as a sloob i guess u cripled urself enough to be usefull as a support player
    Last edited by Metafly7; Jun 23rd, 2013 at 18:30:11.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    I appreciate your open-mindedness but I doubt many people would care about froob raids for starters.
    I considered this, but then I realized that 4 MP's could rotate NSD on a single target to prevent it from casting (as there is no indication of a target lockout) while 5 should be able to maintain it effortlessly. Just as some raids require x amount of docs and x amount of enfs, some raids would require x amount of MP's now as well.

I would prefer a more PVP friendly change, however, in which there is a 15 second removable NSD and a 3 second non-removable NSD (not by perks, items or anything other than death).

The loss of def in exchage for DtP is significant, but the def should have been moved to another line rather than being stacked onto the shield for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I considered this, but then I realized that 4 MP's could rotate NSD on a single target to prevent it from casting (as there is no indication of a target lockout) while 5 should be able to maintain it effortlessly.
    You're assuming that froobs would land it as reliably as paybies.

AOFroobs teams from both dimensions have taken on bosses like Hezak and the entirety of HI before, but only because they already had around this number of MPs, and even then they had to have a trader in the MPs' team chaincasting 132s to give them a chance to actually land the damn thing.

That's with a nano that lasts a minute; trying to make it work with the way NSD is described in this thread just sounds like too much effort for a near-impossible goal. And yes, when I say "froobs" I mean level 200 fully geared endgame froobs, not leveling toons.

In addition, while these changes might be nice for those of us at TL7, they don't solve the initial problem that MPs have at lower levels. Before an MP gets to TL7 and can really enjoy some of these changes, he has to level up. Hearing people tell me they stopped leveling their MPs and rerolled something else as soon as they realized everything we can do for a team some other prof can do better... just makes me sad.

I considered this, but then I realized that 4 MP's could rotate NSD on a single target to prevent it from casting (as there is no indication of a target lockout) while 5 should be able to maintain it effortlessly. Just as some raids require x amount of docs and x amount of enfs, some raids would require x amount of MP's now as well.

I would prefer a more PVP friendly change, however, in which there is a 15 second removable NSD and a 3 second non-removable NSD (not by perks, items or anything other than death).

The loss of def in exchage for DtP is significant, but the def should have been moved to another line rather than being stacked onto the shield for now.
    Actually since theres two at high title levels, only two Mps would be needed for NSD and eNSD. I dont know if 200 froob Mps can get 1600 PM however.

You're assuming that froobs would land it as reliably as paybies.

AOFroobs teams from both dimensions have taken on bosses like Hezak and the entirety of HI before, but only because they already had around this number of MPs, and even then they had to have a trader in the MPs' team chaincasting 132s to give them a chance to actually land the damn thing.

That's with a nano that lasts a minute; trying to make it work with the way NSD is described in this thread just sounds like too much effort for a near-impossible goal. And yes, when I say "froobs" I mean level 200 fully geared endgame froobs, not leveling toons.

In addition, while these changes might be nice for those of us at TL7, they don't solve the initial problem that MPs have at lower levels. Before an MP gets to TL7 and can really enjoy some of these changes, he has to level up. Hearing people tell me they stopped leveling their MPs and rerolled something else as soon as they realized everything we can do for a team some other prof can do better... just makes me sad.
    As for landing the nanos, the landing capacity has been improved from 160% NR check to 110% NR check, so landing them is definitely going to be easier for you
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Because NPE isnt suposed to be lvl 1-15, but make the whole New Player Experience better.
    I'm aware of the existence (and prevalence) of power-leveling, but it seems to me that by the time a player has an MP high enough to cast SS and have shield of Zset, that player is no longer "new"
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

I definitely don't have an MP.

I actually thought about it as well and it's one of the reasons I'm against this change right now. It's just included into "mobs rework" reason, since "mobs rework" involves both make then vunerable against NSD and make then spam less (well, neither IS bosses nor HI bosses spam their stuffs, but I'm aware on how dire one single of those AoE can be to froobs, I led a bunch of full froob and half froob raids back in 2007~2008).

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Pretty much. The stuffs presented here are going to hit Test Server together with NPE. And we all know, not all Test stuffs goes into Live. If our pets start do drop like flies (and they will if they dont get more hp), they will get more hp. If the NSD changes makes PvP and/or PvM inviable they may postpone the change.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpmasta View Post
    I'm aware of the existence (and prevalence) of power-leveling, but it seems to me that by the time a player has an MP high enough to cast SS and have shield of Zset, that player is no longer "new"
    You can pretty much cast SS around 205~210 and have shield at 215. And, if thats your first toon, I'd still consider you a newbie until you done one of the following: a) Complete Arid quests solo; b) Soloed Pen cata at least once; c) Soloed each Gen's City raid; d) participated at least once in each endgame raid besides S42; e) participated in at least one sucessfull S42 raid. Personally I just considered myself no nub no more when I equiped my intels
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpmasta View Post
    I think i read that some nanos were going to be castable at any lvl, just scaling with the current lvl of the caster or atleast something along those lines. At this moment we cant know if any of the mentioned changes to Mps would fall under that but it remains a possibility

To Esssch, it was obviously a retorical question and one you cant answer anyways, the question was a number not a personal question if people could raise their hands :P
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Will anything be done about Nanobot Contingent Arrest? At least make it removable?

and what about the nano doctorate NSD removal perks? If there's a line cooldown for both of the NSD nanos, then I could see the second perk being used almost none, unless there's two metaphysicists. Or, will you be removing one/both of those in favor of something else?
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Positive changes overall. Every MP build should benefit from this.
    Wut about tigress mp!!
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast