Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday June 18th...Game is glitching bad....

I have the same problem happening daily after the last update.
    I zone...games becomes unresponsive..meaning that no action is actually performed (cancel nano, zone, etc)...chat is working.
    It is happening even 3 times one after another relog.
    Internet connection is fine.

Please fix it...it ruins the fun of logging and playing.

I hope you guys are providing more details to funcom than just these forum posts.'

I havent had a single problem like the one described in this thread, and neither has any of my ingame friends. Therefore it looks like a rather "local" phenomenon, and not a wide issue. Give the guys as much detail as you can, and not on this forum. Use the proper channels.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    I hope you guys are providing more details to funcom than just these forum posts.'

I havent had a single problem like the one described in this thread, and neither has any of my ingame friends. Therefore it looks like a rather "local" phenomenon, and not a wide issue. Give the guys as much detail as you can, and not on this forum. Use the proper channels.
    same here, had this issue for a bit the day of the patch but 0 problems since and I zone a lot farmin pb's in sl and dynas on rk
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

<frustrated>Anyone experiencing this problem, please send a bug report via the forums. I got an answer that my connection must be bad. Maybe when more people report the same they will acknowledge that its not the customers whose connections went bad since last patch. FYI my connection could run a server, it is that stable. Prior to the patch I hadnt a single disconnect.</frustrated>
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    <frustrated>Anyone experiencing this problem, please send a bug report via the forums. I got an answer that my connection must be bad. Maybe when more people report the same they will acknowledge that its not the customers whose connections went bad since last patch. FYI my connection could run a server, it is that stable. Prior to the patch I hadnt a single disconnect.</frustrated>
    it's definetly not your connection's fault
    it's last patch's fault but funcom doesnt want to admit it and blame us

Funcom employee

If you are having this problem, please post your ISP, your public IP address and time it happens.
    Also, if you can, post the result of a traceroute to 37.18.193.70. The traceroute will probably be the most useful part to track this down.

On windows, start a command prompt (you can find it in the start menu, or run cmd.exe), then type
    tracert 37.18.193.70
    and press enter. Then paste the result in a post.

1 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms cpe-94-253-152-1.zg.cable.xnet.hr [94.253.152.1]
    2 12 ms 11 ms 11 ms dh121-201.xnet.hr [83.139.121.201]
    3 10 ms 11 ms 10 ms dh121-201.xnet.hr [83.139.121.201]
    4 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms te3-8.ccr01.zag01.atlas.cogentco.com [149.6.30.73]
    5 16 ms 17 ms 19 ms te0-6-0-4.ccr21.vie01.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.50.169]
    6 23 ms 23 ms 25 ms te0-0-0-6.ccr22.muc01.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.3.21]
    7 29 ms 29 ms 29 ms te0-6-0-2.ccr22.fra03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.74.214]
    8 39 ms 37 ms 38 ms te0-7-0-13.ccr22.par01.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.2.166]
    9 115 ms 122 ms 117 ms te0-2-0-5.ccr22.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43.157]
    10 113 ms 117 ms 119 ms te2-3.ccr02.jfk01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.24.149]
    11 115 ms 118 ms 116 ms te3-1.ccr01.ewr02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.225]
    12 124 ms 114 ms 121 ms vl3805.na21.b002894-4.ewr02.atlas.cogentco.com [38.20.33.214]
    13 112 ms 113 ms 115 ms 38.104.45.42
    14 133 ms 124 ms 125 ms s1-nj4.game-hosting.com [37.18.192.5]
    15 124 ms 125 ms 122 ms gs061-nj4.ageofconan.com [37.18.193.70]

From there you can see my ISP. I played this game for 7 long years and NEVER EVER had this problem , just now that I came back after a year of a break.

Also have the connection drop problem , chat is visible , I can speak , but casting nanos , and any other actions is not happening. When i sit down I cannot stand up anymore
    When does it happen? EVERYTIME , it's on complete random. Sometimes when I try to zone somewhere it never zones and i have to shut my game down by forcing it.

This renders the game IMPOSSIBLE to play , however it "seems" to happen after zoning but i'm not sure about that just yet.
    I had this happen to me 3 times in 1 hour probably while playing just now and I just shut the game down because it pisses me off so much.
    Running the same system that ran the game perfectly 1 year ago (+ the same ISP with upgraded internet speeds)

Please FIX THIS!!!!!!!!

Strangely though, the server will realize most of your actions. I noticed this when duallogging. One of the clients got unresponsive, I tried casting nanos, sitting down, standing up, in the client which 'crashed' I couldnt do anything, but seen on the other that I cast nanos etc. Weird bug

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    ...please post your ISP, your public IP address and time it happens.
    Also, if you can, post the result of a traceroute to...
    That's... just... bad. A person's IP (especially if it's static) & their first few hops on tracert (again, especially if their IP is static) are not to be posted on a publicly viewed forum. That's just horrible practice for sooo many security reasons. It would've been understandable if you wanted a PM, but this is just... /facepalm

Reminds me of a similar occurrence when Means disclosed some player's IP on Wikipedia http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=576907. Aren't you guys supposed to keep your customer's info safe ?
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    That's... just... bad. A person's IP (especially if it's static) & their first few hops on tracert (again, especially if their IP is static) are not to be posted on a publicly viewed forum. That's just horrible practice for sooo many security reasons. It would've been understandable if you wanted a PM, but this is just... /facepalm

Reminds me of a similar occurrence when Means disclosed some player's IP on Wikipedia http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=576907. Aren't you guys supposed to keep your customer's info safe ?
    Why? Could you explain? Your IP is clearly visible to anyone you visit. I don't even know why you would want to hide it... it's not 1995 anymore, dude.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

First of all, no one on these forums except the admins can see any member's IP address - this gives them no right whatsoever to disclose this information to everyone else to see.
    Second - oh, you know, "little" stuff like... real name, address, phone number & from that the e-mail, social sites pages (FB\Twitter), web activity (Wikipedia\Wikia), and much much more. Let's not forget that some scumbags with enough will & knowledge can target you and DDoS\infest\hack your router, gain access and\or control of your network and any devices on it.

Is that "1995" enough for you ? No ? Let me to "2013" it for you then - look up the name Snowden.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Ran into the same issue today (been fine before), highly annoying. Fun fact: Happens mostly to my paid toons only. Froobies dual logged in same zone are fine and can also zone like a champ.
    My MA is started yesterday can safely log off after every zoning, since it gets fubared anyway.

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    First of all, no one on these forums except the admins can see any member's IP address - this gives them no right whatsoever to disclose this information to everyone else to see.
    Second - oh, you know, "little" stuff like... real name, address, phone number & from that the e-mail, social sites pages (FB\Twitter), web activity (Wikipedia\Wikia), and much much more. Let's not forget that some scumbags with enough will & knowledge can target you and DDoS\infest\hack your router, gain access and\or control of your network and any devices on it.

Is that "1995" enough for you ? No ? Let me to "2013" it for you then - look up the name Snowden.
    You didn't actually say anything here. But whatever, continue to think that an IP is somehow a private thing that noone in this world will know or have the possibility of knowing. If someone wants to know, they will know, unless you sit and do nothing but set up proxies and tunnels for you to hide behind. Yet, your name is on the front door of your house.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    Ran into the same issue today (been fine before), highly annoying. Fun fact: Happens mostly to my paid toons only. Froobies dual logged in same zone are fine and can also zone like a champ.
    Actually I kind of had the same feeling. But I do not think there is a correlation though, just a mere coincidence. Also I am pretty sure you log your paid toons more frequently.

Devil Inside

Funcom employee

I have 2 traceroutes so far. I'm going to need several more from different people (that have this problem) to be able to investigate properly. If you don't want to post here, send a PM.

Anybody else got random client disconnects within the last 4-5 hours?

Asking because I haven't and been logged in on several toons at the same time trying to fix banks.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    My MA is started yesterday can safely log off after every zoning, since it gets fubared anyway.
    In before Lazy

Confirmed: AO loves froobs
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Instead of arguing and typing nonsense give that guy traceroute so they can fix this

Got a PM that FC has tweaked something. I havent experienced this problem ever since. Are you guys still encountering this glitch?

Devil Inside

Funcom employee

It appears that the people this 'tweak' was applied to have had less/no problems so far. The issue was with routing to very specific european ISPs. Fortunately it seems like the problem was on the outbound path (from us to the player), which means we could change the routing to use a different provider in these few specifc cases.

The workaround is very specific, and therefor anyone still having these problems have to report them (and include a traceroute) before we can look into more cases.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast