Thread: FJRK: Humbold Investigation Blocked by Sentinels

FJRK: Humbold Investigation Blocked by Sentinels

FJRK - Humbold Investigation Blocked by Sentinels
    June 15th, 29487.

In a surprise move yesterday, the Sentinels clan has withdrawn from the join Clans investigation into the murder of New Dawn representative Xeavier Humbold.

It is no secret that, like many New Dawn members, Humbold enjoyed relatively close relations with Omni-Tek. And indeed the corporation has not officially admitted responsibility for his death. So who killed him?

From early reports and recent investigation, some facts have come to light:

• Multiple witnesses attest to seeing people in Omni-Tek armour fighting Sentinel guards in Tir in the moments before Humbold's death in the Truth Tower.
    • Witness statements suggest there may have been at least two separate groups of Omnis in Tir that day.
    • One group was spotted swimming in the Tir river at around the same time that high velocity rifle shots were heard by the city's residents.
    • The Sentinels Clan confirmed a number of casualties amongst their guards.
    • The Truth Tower security system was breached at approximately 18:45 RKST

So, confirming early reports, it is almost certain that Omni-Tek employees infiltrated Tir in a well-organised raid with a clear target, killing numerous Sentinels along the way.

Why is it then that the Sentinels clan has allegedly refused to hand over security data and recordings to the investigation committee?

Two weeks ago, a committee of Council-of-Truth affiliated Clans formed with the aim of discovering the motive and culprits behind Humbold's murder. To date, various committee members have submitted complaints to the Council about the lack of cooperation from the Sentinels, reporting that no Sentinels members have stepped forward as witnesses and that numerous requests for surveillance footage have been denied.

In response, the Sentinel representative has stepped down from her position on the committee and provided FJRK with the following statement:

“It is the view of the Sentinels Clan that bureaucratic investigations are a waste of time when it is already clear what happened. Why is it so surprising that Omni-Tek murders a Clan member? New Dawn made the grave mistake of trusting the corporation and they have paid the price. Instead of forming committees like our enemies would, our resources should be focused against the Omni scum that did this.”

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: FJRK View Post
    FJRK - Humbold Investigation Blocked by Sentinels
    June 15th, 29487.

• Multiple witnesses attest to seeing people in Omni-Tek armour fighting Sentinel guards in Tir in the moments before Humbold's death in the Truth Tower.
    • Witness statements suggest there may have been at least two separate groups of Omnis in Tir that day.
    • One group was spotted swimming in the Tir river at around the same time that high velocity rifle shots were heard by the city's residents.
    • The Sentinels Clan confirmed a number of casualties amongst their guards.
    • The Truth Tower security system was breached at approximately 18:45 RKST
    • Omni-Tek armor, the finest in the known galaxy, is sometimes obtained and worn by those who are not Omni-Tek employees. So this point means nothing.
    • Given that the entire planet of Rubi-Ka is the property of the Omni-Tek corporation, the employees of Omni-Tek have every right to be in Tir.
    • Swimming is only one of the many skills taught by the first-class Omni-Tek training academies. And as for "high velocity rifle shots", what possible use could there be for a low-velocity rifle?
    • An inevitable consequence of attacking Omni-Tek forces. Surely you don't expect an apology?
    • If Omni-Tek had breached your precious Tower's security system, there would be no record of when it had happened.

In conclusion, it is obvious that your Clan Sentinels murdered representative Humbold, for their own nefarious purposes.
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

Quote Originally Posted by Hildegaard View Post
    [list][*]Swimming is only one of the many skills taught by the first-class Omni-Tek training academies. And as for "high velocity rifle shots", what possible use could there be for a low-velocity rifle?
    Aim is the answer your looking for, why else do agents get to aim their shots with a rifle that sometimes has no more than 5 bullets? Hard to burst that one im sure
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

And as for "high velocity rifle shots", what possible use could there be for a low-velocity rifle?
    Assassinations.

In conclusion, it is obvious that your Clan Sentinels murdered representative Humbold, for their own nefarious purposes.
    Care to make a friendly wager on that?

I know Simon a little bit, and while he's certainly a pompous ass - he definitely is not stupid enough to commit political suicide. It could be an inside job, but I would vouch that it wasn't the Sentinels. The entire situation was easily a black bag op, with a double tap meant to take Simon down a peg in the process.

Also, I might caution you against making statements about clan politics, internal security, ballistics and firearms, because clearly you are not the most well-informed on these subjects.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jun 16th, 2013 at 07:56:17.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

This only stengthens my case that the Sentinels are to blame!

When are the Clans going to realise this?
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

And what case would that be? If you are going to make an accusation, let's see your proof.

Because all I see if you throwing more claptrap around and making drama for yourself. And I gotta be honest here but there is FAR more evidence of that casually laying around, then some case against Silverstone's clan.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

If the Sentinels want to give me copies of the surveillance i'll send you the evidence.

I'm not making any drama for myself, i'm just stating this stinks of an inside job. Let me ask you, what would Omni-Tek gain from killing Humbold? He was the only one of you with some sense and co-operated with Omni-Tek.

Indeed. We had no reason or want to remove him.

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    If the Sentinels want to give me copies of the surveillance i'll send you the evidence.
    Provided you can offer it in good faith, that would certainly be an interesting find. However, I don't believe you. Your statement implies you are accomplices to the fact. Your proof would have to be on the gold standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    I'm not making any drama for myself, i'm just stating this stinks of an inside job. Let me ask you, what would Omni-Tek gain from killing Humbold? He was the only one of you with some sense and co-operated with Omni-Tek.
    Lots of people could gain from killing Humboldt, as that is highly relative to point of view. It's just a matter of how you spin your reasoning. Anyone could fabricate a motive but its facts and method that make it stand on its own. Not to make this claim in poor taste, but Xeavier was a well liked guy but even out of the ashes of his own death we have a new take on some new technology that wasn't there before that could save countless lives. There are people in this world that care so much for their fellow people that a consent to suicide could sound like a logical option, though in this situation I don't think that's the case.

The question I'd ask is that who has the largest ability to gain from this situation. Who would gain the most out of killing a man who's only crime was willingly being the middleman in a situation no one else wanted to have? I truly honestly believe that Humboldt felt he was a man of the world and you and I throw mud at each other, he had the courage to spend his life building bridges instead of burning them.

I think we could all take a lesson from that. To my shame, I didn't realize it till after he was gone.

Logically I conclude with what little information I have it could be that he learned something during his time in Borealis that earned him the wrong sort of attention. I also have a decent understanding of operations like this and to me it seems rushed and haphazard. Anyone with money and patience could have taken some time to do this and make a much better getaway without alerting the locals. So, we have a distraction team and a kill team. That's not the plan of someone with time. Its quick, clean, and it only costs them bodies and loadout at best. The key thing here is timing.

So, if time is indeed the factor then the event that prompted this had to have happened within the recent past before his death. This removes the bulk of possible suspects right away. Although its a mere generalization, I think we can rule out anyone within New Dawn based upon the grounds that it the perpetrator would be working against the interests of their own clan. It also had to be someone who knew without a doubt that Humboldt was going to be right where they found him.

I can think of several people outside of the Sentinels that could do that. But Simon isn't stupid enough to give the order to destroy his own reputation so that we could have some shiny new toy or piece of critical information regarding Borealis. Considering Simon has never had a problem taking responsibility for the violence he creates, that does seem a bit ... odd, don't you think?

So tell me, why are you so set on going after Silverstone? Since its a known fact you are in Omni-pol and have a big mouth, what's your stake in all this?

@Officer Kolarr: I don't believe we've met. Judging by your title, you just might be able to shed some light on this. Why do YOU think Cora is throwing around such blame?
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jun 17th, 2013 at 02:53:47.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Changes in Borealis, trying to pin murder in Tir on the Sentinels... stinks of Omni-Tek looking for an excuse to set up shop in Tir... all in the name of "protection of the innocent".
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Provided you can offer it in good faith, that would certainly be an interesting find. However, I don't believe you. Your statement implies you are accomplices to the fact. Your proof would have to be on the gold standard.
    The offer was in jest, i do not, and never will co-operate with a Clan member, unless it is assisting such member with their untimely demise or the transition to employment with our great corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    So tell me, why are you so set on going after Silverstone? Since its a known fact you are in Omni-pol and have a big mouth, what's your stake in all this?
    It would be rather odd if i were not set on going after Omni-Pols most wanted man. As dissapointing as it would be, to see the Clans do my work for me would be highly amusing. Although, he would still need to face justice by Omni-Tek.

No, that's not odd at all. The odd part is how much you are grasping at straws to make the connections.

Well, at least now I know why you make it a point to home in on anything that looks like it could be some sort of political scandal. Because its your 'job' I guess. Now it only makes sense why you stage-dress so much.

What a sad life that has to be.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Bubba, could you elaborate on Xavier's involvement with the dish, or point out the article on the gridspace? I must confess I haven't been reading the news as closely as I should have been; stories about dragonriders really demotivated me from staying tuned and I've been off-planet for a couple months now.

I didn't realize how genuinely fishy things are until I read your theories. Something is definitely up with Xavier's death, the dish, and whatever Omni-Tek has been scheming. I sort of regret claiming that Zora's speech was going to get sieged by the Borealis Freedom Fighters, it seems like something more sinister is going on.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Move along citizens. Nothing sinister is going on.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net

Remember, these are just theories. Nothing has been entirely proven yet. Things are definitely fishy. Humboldt has spent some time in Borealis, but linking him to the Dish is something that hasn't been 'officially' established yet, only his presence in the neighbourhood. But, years ago the Council of Truth spent some time discussing the Dish at length, and I theorized with others that it was being re-fitted as a weapon of some kind. If I'm right, something big is going to happen soon. But, this is nothing we can act on yet.

Simon is likely pretty embarrassed that his system has been spiked and may already know who's at fault. Now, the first thing I would do is establish who cracked the security. And, if he has done that and extracted any useful information, then its no wonder why the Sentinels have discontinued the investigation and already started to point fingers at Omni-tek. Simon has always felt like one man against the entire world, so its no wonder why he's keeping his cards close to his chest. If I was in his shoes, I'm not sure I'd act any differently. The Sentinels are the largest clan in our nation, and has some rather impressive resources as a result. That severely limits the amount of people with the know-how and the leverage to accomplish this.

My next instinct would be to ask what's so important in Borealis that's warrant's this sort of response? The top item on that list is the Dish.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jun 17th, 2013 at 12:25:46.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...