Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faction Representative Applications

Faction Representative Applications

Hello Role-Players,

We have decided to implement Faction Representatives, to represent the interests and needs of the AO roleplaying community in similar ways that the Professionals do. We will handle the process the same way we have with the Professionals, starting with applications and votes, and they will be bound by the same rules and regulations.

I will be accepting applications for the next two weeks via Private Message to myself. The role of the representatives is to:

• Communicate with the development team over upcoming storyline issues, changes, patches, plans and proposals etc
    • Keep the development team, events team and your community up-to-date with any community run roleplaying projects, storylines,and lists of involved people.
    • Communicate to your community anything released by the development team for their interest, information or feedback.
    • Encourage debate, discussion, feedback and generally act as an ambassador - in-game and out - for your faction.
    • Liaise with the moderation team and the events team to ensure your forum is kept civilized

If this is you and you feel that your game and forum accounts are free from any massively awful violations, you're active in-game and you have at least one year's experience as a role-player active within your faction - then you can apply by Sending me a PM! in the following format (subject MUST BE "<Faction> Representative Application for <Your Forum Name>" e.g. Omni Representative Application for Anarrina):

• Main Character:
    • Name(s) of characters you have involved in role-playing:
    • A reasonably-sized blurb about why you want, why you'd be good at, and what you'd like to do as a Representative

At the end of the two week period - 21st June 2013 2259 GMT we will narrow down the applications based on account/forum history and a quick read of the biographies to ensure noone is a timewaster. All candidates who survive that process will at that
    point be released to the community for public voting within The Fourth Wall, and will be entitled but not required to make a campaign speech as well.

Should you have any questions feel free to PM me and I will endeavor to answer as soon as possible during this busy time.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

This is great news!

I'd sign up if I hadn't made myself too busy already
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net

I'm assuming this is clan and omni only, or are you going to cause a rift in the space-time-role playing fabric and call neutral's a faction as well

Too bad I'm not deep enough into the RP...or active atm, otherwise I could totally represent the neutrals

in an effort to kill all factioned players and NPC's in neutral areas!

Everyone apply.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 7th, 2013 at 20:35:51.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Everyone apply
    taking bets now: trousers and cora will be picked (because who else amirite?), one of them will have to pretend to represent clan while actually being omni because clearly devs are all omni too and omni favouritism etc etc will be present in the lore even moreso than it is now.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 7th, 2013 at 20:42:03.

I will not be applying as I refuse to sell out to the man.

I will, however, continue in my role as trusted Corporate adviser to whomever is selected if they wish my council.

EDIT: And, as pointed out in Fun Fact Friday, Neutrals are considered Omni to the ICC, so having a Neutral and Omni representative would be redundant only in a strictly in-character sense. And I get the feeling this program is to remain OOC.
    Last edited by Trousers; Jun 7th, 2013 at 21:10:01. Reason: clarification
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Even if I was actively playing, self-voting is kinda tacky. Besides, the title somewhat throws me off. 'Faction Representatives' could be played by any respectable player in the game, RP status nonwithstanding.

However, if I had to pick a certain clan person to be the mouthpeice of this shindig, it most likely would be Chrisax (the guild leader for Athens Paladins). He has supported the clan side in rather in-depth ways, from tower initiatives, to guild/alliance/event leading, and website coding. He has been a pillar of the community in that regard. As I have little experience with the former rk1 Clan side crew, I couldn't offer an any other credible vote.

And other wording by Annarina gives me the paramount impression had I tried to vote for myself the effort would be futile in the extreme. Besides, I'm not the sort of person who can sit in someone else's carefully crafted box and only do what's on their label. I would question authority, attempt to push limits, not be satisfied with the status quo, and eventually the powers that be will force me to drink hemlock.

In other words, i'd be a gigantic pain in their kitten. (Yes, I'm using gw2 lingo)

So you should vote for Chrisax. He's just an all around relaxed and groovy guy, and trustworthy.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jun 8th, 2013 at 00:21:31.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Is there even any active Clan RPers?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I logged into my froobs last night. Does that count?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Besides, I'm not the sort of person who can sit in someone else's carefully crafted box and only do what's on their label. I would question authority, attempt to push limits, not be satisfied with the status quo, and eventually the powers that be will force me to drink hemlock.
    for what it's worth you don't have to parrot fc pr-speak to be selected as a representative. the idea is to have someone that's in touch with the community that they can "go to" to get feedback and run ideas by before going live with them. it doesn't necessarily mean they will like or implement the feedback but that's the idea behind the program, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    And other wording by Annarina gives me the paramount impression had I tried to vote for myself the effort would be futile in the extreme. Besides, I'm not the sort of person who can sit in someone else's carefully crafted box and only do what's on their label. I would question authority, attempt to push limits, not be satisfied with the status quo, and eventually the powers that be will force me to drink hemlock.

In other words, i'd be a gigantic pain in their kitten. (Yes, I'm using gw2 lingo)

So you should vote for Chrisax. He's just an all around relaxed and groovy guy, and trustworthy.
    I'm somewhat baffled by the impression that we have the current professionals on some sort of leash. At best, we managed to bludgeon them into not calling people crackheads on a regular basis. {*coughlazycough*}

The rules and regulations I speak of include:
    There will be an NDA in force, as is common for ARKs, Council of Testers, Professionals, etc.
    You will have limited moderation abilities and if you misuse them you will be removed.

The title comes from: Representatives works better for this that Professionals does, and the varying factions do give us a starting point for differing viewpoints. If you prefer a different title, let me know and we'll at least discuss it.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

At best, we managed to bludgeon them into not calling people crackheads on a regular basis. {*coughlazycough*}
    you're not the boss of me! #YOLO!

I vote that this program should bear my name. The Trousers Memorial Factional Representative Program.

*nods*

The TrouMemFacRePro? Um, no.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

I thought this looked familiar, thanks for digging up that bit of history Trousers.

Either way, +1 for this program. I'll be interested in seeing who steps up to the plate for Clan and Neutral, since my awareness of any RPers on those factions has been pretty much nil since the merge.
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    I vote that this program should bear my name. The Trousers Memorial Factional Representative Program.
    We can only call it the Trousers Memorial Program if we kill you first.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

[*]Name(s) of characters you have involved in role-playing:
    Does this include 'dead' characters who have since been deleted? Also, good luck to Agrestus for listing his

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    clearly devs are all omni too and omni favouritism etc etc will be present in the lore even moreso than it is now.
    Like us losing Borealis, Athen, and 4Holes, Phillip Ross? I also actually have lots of ideas for Clans, and now i'm dragging Bubbacrush back into things hopefully we'll be able to start working on things again.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    Does this include 'dead' characters who have since been deleted? Also, good luck to Agrestus for listing his
    I think people can use their judgment for what is currently relevant.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

We can only call it the Trousers Memorial Program if we kill you first.
    Good thing Trousers is already dead ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    you're not the boss of me! #YOLO!
    Confirmed: Lazy is Malcolm in the Middle.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast