Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new changes

new changes

Meta-Physicist pet nanos will now cast higher level pets as your nanoskills improve, which reduces the amount of pet nanos needed. As a general rule in regards to the Systems Changes, we are trying to get the amount of nano programs down to a manageable number. The scale with nanoskill change will be the new design direction in future nano updates. So you can expect other pet nanos, nukes, heals and the like to get similar updates.

SO...nano skills matter again, fantastic. But will this mean each pet can have varied stats based on nano skills? Will you have a zone check, meaning you have to be fully buffed each time you zone or pet will lose stat? Will there also be a new pet info stat telling what "lvl" your pet is based on nano skills.

*Double post on community page also.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

err... you missunderstood. Basically it's just a lot of nano crystals condensed into one. The pets ql (level) is determined on the initial spawn. Zoning currently (on beta) does not delevel it.

It's just all the Angers condensed into one nano, all the Furys condensed into another nano, all the Wraths condensed into yet another nano, etc, etc, pp.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Would this mean that if my nano skills are buffed it will automatically cast Rhiwen, but if pet is killed mid combat and I recast while debuffed it could pop out zhok instead?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    err... you missunderstood. Basically it's just a lot of nano crystals condensed into one. The pets ql (level) is determined on the initial spawn. Zoning currently (on beta) does not delevel it.

It's just all the Angers condensed into one nano, all the Furys condensed into another nano, all the Wraths condensed into yet another nano, etc, etc, pp.
    Is anyone high enough on beta to see how it works with SL pets? The ones that are already separated better than meatballs. Or is this just more of their NPE that only focuses on the low levels? I knew I should have done the 6 months sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Would this mean that if my nano skills are buffed it will automatically cast Rhiwen, but if pet is killed mid combat and I recast while debuffed it could pop out zhok instead?
    No I think what happens, and this is a wild guess, is you have one pet of the Fury/Anger/Rage and as your stats improve the pet levels up, but the next level pet has a better base template to start with. So cast Rihwen with everything under the sun and it will (hopefully) be a tiny god, but cast while, say, drained, and you get a gimpy pet instead.

I have some questions about this, of course, but my big question is this: do the OTHER pets do this, and if so, does this improve their nanoskills and healing manos they cast...that would make a massive difference in MP play.

Would be nice if mezzballs still got the AOE calm too...

./crosses fingers

We have one MP (Deez) that is 201 atm. First SL Attack Pet is @ lvl151 now. Will ask how his pets are behaving.
    Parked mine at 150 for S10 so I can't really tell yet.

:edit: Can't really talk about the heal & mezz pets (Genele posted nothing about em in the regular forums yet), but at least with the heal pets and Soothing Spirits perk line one could imagine that that perk line will continue to determine the effectiveness of the heal pet, right?
    Last edited by sannz; Feb 1st, 2014 at 11:56:49.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

I see this as (yet another) unneeded nerf stick hit.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

This could in theory give you seemless scaling of pets, like a lvl 124 demon as an example, so every point of skill you got would pay off, instead of fixed levels of pet like it is now.
    Neat if they manage to actually code it like that.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

The system is more fixed than that, nanoforcer.

Nano: Anger Manifestation
    if 19 mc & ts --> ql1 pet
    if 25 mc & ts --> ql3 pet
    if 30 mc & ts --> ql4 pet
    if 64 mc & ts --> ql10 pet
    At this point it does not matter if you have 2000 mc and ts, if you want a pet >ql than 10, you need to cast a bigger nano to spawn the bigger pet.

So, next come the Fury Externathingens
    if 74 mc & ts --> ql14 pet
    if 94 mc & ts --> ql17 pet

reqs and stats for rk pets can be compared to the live data.

Basically, all it changes is that there are now 7 rk attack pet nanos, instead of 46.
    keep smiling

Sannz, oh so it IS going to be dynamic like that? If so great!

So dynamic ql of pets, 1 crystal for meatball pets, another for demon type, yet another for sl etc etc.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Feb 1st, 2014 at 14:13:59.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Sannz, oh so it IS going to be dynamic like that? If so great!

So dynamic ql of pets, 1 crystal for meatball pets, another for demon type, yet another for sl etc etc.
    More like 6 nano crystals for rk meat balls, 1 for rk demons.

As I said, I have no idea how SL pets are handled.
    keep smiling

Please clarify my thoughts;
    * If I already have executed the best available pet (Rihwen) why should I increase my nanoskills further?
    * Does my Rihwen get stronger even though it doesn't turn into another pet?
    * Does it's levels increase as I put more and more nanoskills into my setup?
    * Will my Rihwen automatically be lvl 250 for example?`
    * Is there any maxlimit on how much nanoskills that is actually worth getting before i no longer get a higher lvl pet?
    * If I reach the last pet, and increase my nanoskills, will it's AR, HP, Defense for instance increase as per nanoskills I raise?

I probably formulated my thought very weirdly, hope you understand anyway and please try to clarify these thoughts.
    Last edited by Oliveerz; Feb 2nd, 2014 at 22:29:57.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

I get what you're asking, Oliveerz. Basically does this apply to only lower level pets as a nice quality of life change for leveling MPs, or does this also apply in the upwards range for Rihwen. One side doesn't change anything except make it easier to level an MP since you don't have to buy a bunch of nanos. The other way should be a buff for us.

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    More like 6 nano crystals for rk meat balls, 1 for rk demons.

As I said, I have no idea how SL pets are handled.
    Pretty much the same, they just have a lvl/spec req to upload.
    Last edited by mpdeezntz; Feb 3rd, 2014 at 19:09:09. Reason: Clarification.

Summon Ettu the Cursed (LVL 201/Spec 4 Req.)

if 1301 mc & ts --> ql200 pet
    if 1400 mc & ts --> ql203 pet
    if 1500 mc & ts --> ql206 pet
    if 1600 mc & ts --> ql209 pet
    if 1700 mc & ts --> ql212 pet

Summon Zhok the Abomination
    (LVL 201/Spec 4 Req.)
    if 1701 mc & ts --> ql212 pet
    if 1750 mc & ts --> ql214 pet
    if 1850 mc & ts --> ql216 pet
    if 1950 mc & ts --> ql218 pet
    if 2050 mc & ts --> ql219 pet

All of the above tested and verified.
    Last edited by mpdeezntz; Mar 31st, 2014 at 18:55:32. Reason: Ding 212

I have heard, but can not confirm, that as of now there is no change in Rhiwen. Everything is quite fluid at the moment however, so please take this as "maybe, probably?" rather than holy writ.

Basically, the point of the change is to making keeping up to date nanos while leveling less of a pain. It's quite nice actually, if not useful at endgame.

Nothing new to report on heal pet/mezz pet, but I'm guessing that they will get the same scaling mechanic that the attack pets have. This is not more than a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    I see this as (yet another) unneeded nerf stick hit.
    It's not in any way a nerf. It just makes life easier for leveling MPs. You upload one nano (for instance, fury externalization). You have to meet the minimum nano-skill req to upload/cast the nano, as well as lvl reqs for SL pets. After it's upload, each time you cast it, it checks your nano-skill levels and casts whatever the highest current fury externalization you meet the nano reqs for. So, for instance, you have Fury Externalization uploaded and 162 MC/TS. It summons the pet which is currently Supreme Fury Externalization, because you meet the 153 MC/TS req. You level a couple of times, and now you've got 172 MC/TS. Cast the same nano, and you get the pet that is currently Transcendent Fury Externalization, because you've cleared the 171 MC/TS req. There is not an in-game indication of the break points where you get a stronger pet, so it's good practice to just re-cast your pet each time you gain relevant nano-skills to check if it pops higher level than last time.

Also, there are no zone checks. It's more a "get 5 nanos for the price of one" thing. You cast the best of them that your nano-skills allow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast