Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 18.6 patch - s10 relays

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by adeptall View Post
    PS: Mich if you're reading this please tell me that GM was wrong and you, with your oh so powerful GM powers can resurrect my little fix?
    Sadly, what little power I have doesn't extend to reviving deleted characters. For such matters, I do always defer to what the GMs tell me.

On-topic, yes, the bot drops were nerfed. They'll be brought back up to something closer to what they used to be in an upcoming patch (the one that'll fix Alappa).

Edit: The bot droprate nerf was done to make the chances similar to city raids (S10 did and still has a statistically higher chance to produce bots); it wasn't entirely arbitrary.
    Last edited by Michizure; May 13th, 2013 at 00:36:36.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Sadly, what little power I have doesn't extend to reviving deleted characters. For such matters, I do always defer to what the GMs tell me.

On-topic, yes, the bot drops were nerfed. They'll be brought back up to something closer to what they used to be in an upcoming patch (the one that'll fix Alappa).

Edit: The bot droprate nerf was done to make the chances similar to city raids (S10 did and still has a statistically higher chance to produce bots); it wasn't entirely arbitrary.
    Can you also confirm whether alpha was or wasn't nerfed, and if so was it to a lesser degree? If the latter will the other gens be brought up to what alpha currently is? Appreciate it.

Funcom employee

Can you also confirm whether alpha was or wasn't nerfed, and if so was it to a lesser degree? If the latter will the other gens be brought up to what alpha currently is? Appreciate it.
    All 4 bosses are currently at a very similar level.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Thanks for confirming michi. Don't mind the nerf as such, but would be great if stuff like this was mentioned in patch notes somewhere if it was intentional. May hopefully result in less of these kinds of threads where people post what droprates they've been getting since patch x, wonder if rate has changed, others flame back deriding their results and then we have esoteric discusions on statistics and probability, random number generators, etc...

Only because there have been unintentional drop rate changes in the past done by accident, so if the player base at least knows what has been intentionally changed, they won't waste time and energy on the intentional changes, other than subsequent threads asking/whining bout the change
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

...snipped...

Ok, I can dig that and I can defer to that call.

In this case, can we do away with the city cloak timers? Seeing as you can keep on popping s10 bosses as long as you got the juice (relays), why not let people trigger AI raids one of the other?

I mean, if they do ship, the full raid duration is close to 1 hours. Why make people wait for one hour?

Bottom line: as long as people got the CRU to start a raid, they should be able to trigger them without waiting for cloak recharge. FC can probably make the cloak timer to 5 minutes if they can't remove it.

Why remove / shorten the cloak timer?

I popped with a friend 20 relays and got another 5 from some bosses. To do this amount of ground generals, it means (only for ground raids):

- 50 hours of back to back raiding (including the dropping cloak / raising cloak cycle)
    - ~30mins for actually killing the aliens / general -> ~13 hours of actually spanking aliens out of the whole 50 hours
    - ~75% of the play time is actually waiting around for the cloak so you can trigger the AI raid

Sure, you can do other things in the interim, but this lockout on AI raids is obsolete.

Edit: s10 PBs drop rates seems a tad better than city raids, but with this patch is lower than it used to be. At least I haven't seen spirituals drop (phew!!!).
    Last edited by Khlin; May 13th, 2013 at 08:37:16.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

To be honest, the aliens die quicker than they spawn - ~30s per wave.
    I'm Batman.

Can you explain why you guys keep the droprate on bots from alien gens so low in general. Whats the hurt in increasing the droprate (by a big %) and making ai armor more accessible for all type of players. 1b/piece for 300 cc/css and 400-500m for tl 5 wearable armor is pretty ridiculous imo.
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

I know you probably won't give this an answer but it's worth a try.

Any rough eta on that patch? 1 month...2?

If they need to fix alappa too it would likely be a much sooner patch than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    If they need to fix alappa too it would likely be a much sooner patch than that.
    One might expect. But I keep my expectations realistically low with FC

If droprate on viralbots is increased, nobody would farm other armor! Thats not fun for anyone!

What other armour?
    I'm Batman.

Batman armor. It's in Will To Fight.
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

Mich are you sure gens droprate is been increased? I just killed 21 gens and got only 5 bots, 2 of which were the worthless ones and 2 others were just arith which are nearly worthless.

This droprate is not remotely close to what it was 2 patches ago, and seems no better then last patch.

Ok just tested on test. In 21 kills on test i got 10 bots, lotsa good ones too. On live i only got 5 in 21. And someone else i spoke too got only 7 outa 43.

The droprate has definitely not changed and it is certainly not what tests droprate is.

Mich i think you forgot to click apply on your changes

7/43, 5/21, 10/21 is better than what it was pre-18.6.3. THOSE were awful droprates.
    Last edited by Vanillashake; May 23rd, 2013 at 03:50:05.

Please l2r. I'll rephrase for your sake so its easy for you to read.

7/43 and 5/21 is current Live

10/21 is current on Test

And yes the droprates at 18.6.2 were bad but these dont seem any better. And definitely not as good as test currently is or was suggested it would be. (Mich said theyd bring droprate closer to what 18.6.1 was)

Just did another 10 on live......3/10

Mich please say you're gonna fix this. And don't make me wait another month :/
    Last edited by adeptall; May 23rd, 2013 at 00:38:07.

Funcom employee

Just did another 10 on live......3/10

Mich please say you're gonna fix this. And don't make me wait another month :/
    I just spawned 400 bosses, 100 of each type, on Live. The droprate is what I intended it to be. What is on Testlive is what is on Live; I am sorry you haven't had as much luck on Live vs. Test.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

I just spawned 400 bosses, 100 of each type, on Live. The droprate is what I intended it to be. What is on Testlive is what is on Live; I am sorry you haven't had as much luck on Live vs. Test.
    Can i have the bots
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast