Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any word on the patch from Testlive?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    So this patch includes the increased number of account slots,

and the changes to the number of shade spirits that can be combined with betas to make alphas?

But not the removal of phasefront points? (that is for the patch after this one?) or did I misunderstand it?

Var
    You are correct.

The changes you mentioned (and the others mentioned here) are slated for this upcoming patch.

The 18.7 patch will be a larger update and contain the changes to the Phasefront points, in addition to other fun things. We don't have an exact ETA on 18.7 at this time, but will provide advance notice, as it'll have a larger impact (e.g. the loss of Phasefront points).
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    We decided to make a new patch for Testlive before moving these changes onto Live. I am hoping that we can get this onto Testlive within the week, and then to Live soon after, barring any...unforeseen consequences.
    So there is a TL patch planned beyond the one patched in on April 18th?

Sage

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    So there is a TL patch planned beyond the one patched in on April 18th?

Sage
    Yes, that is correct. We created the build/patch today to be shipped to our internal QA servers. Once it is cleared for Testlive, this patch will then move onto there.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

So the patch wont hit live last week, or this week as you said, if you were a betting man? :P
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    So the patch wont hit live last week, or this week as you said, if you were a betting man? :P
    He said testlive, not live
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    He said testlive, not live
    My bad then
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    You are correct.

The changes you mentioned (and the others mentioned here) are slated for this upcoming patch.

The 18.7 patch will be a larger update and contain the changes to the Phasefront points, in addition to other fun things. We don't have an exact ETA on 18.7 at this time, but will provide advance notice, as it'll have a larger impact (e.g. the loss of Phasefront points).
    I believe is waaaaaaaaay to premature to talk about or work on 18.7 when we dont even have an ETA on 18.6.2, lets try to focus on this ok?
    We all know team is smaller and working on more projects so lets try to keep it simple and work on the task at hand. Planning ahead is not Funcom's strong point.

Thank you for letting us know there is another testlive patch coming, i do hope we can see the info on that also on the testlive board.
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Quote Originally Posted by WizMeister3000 View Post
    I believe is waaaaaaaaay to premature to talk about or work on 18.7 when we dont even have an ETA on 18.6.2, lets try to focus on this ok?
    We all know team is smaller and working on more projects so lets try to keep it simple and work on the task at hand. Planning ahead is not Funcom's strong point.

Thank you for letting us know there is another testlive patch coming, i do hope we can see the info on that also on the testlive board.
    18.7 has been on internal servers for a long time, it is not too early to work on that

It's rather necessary for the way software development works to have these split branches.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    18.7 has been on internal servers for a long time, it is not too early to work on that

It's rather necessary for the way software development works to have these split branches.
    we stil talkin abt funcom right?

Yes. How do you expect they would work on new engine and new player experience without having a split branch? :|
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Yes. How do you expect they would work on new engine and new player experience without having a split branch? :|
    the simple and honest answer here would be , they arent . but i will play along.
    i did some looking up on developing projects and i have to admit i was in the wrong, branching its essential. my bad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12