Thread: Rooted = aimed shotable?

Rooted = aimed shotable?

Either unaware of presence / rooted make mob aimed shotable?
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

I haven't noticed that roots make a difference to whether I can AS a mob.

The aware-of-presence thing is a little strange though. Classically, sneaking from a mob means you can AS it. However, you can often AS a mob without sneaking by spamming AS as you move into weapon range. Also, by cycling it very quickly, you can often de-q, sneak, and re-AS a mob that's in combat with someone else.

It'd be interesting to see what the time-out is on a mob exiting combat with you, and how residual player aggro plays out as you come back into weapon range.

sromp, i think it was more a suggestion than a report.

sorry yea was meant as suggestion
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post
    Either unaware of presence / rooted make mob aimed shotable?
    It does make some sort of sense that if a mob is rooted you'd be able to aim better....

..Worth consideration at least! It could be a nifty new ability for Agents that they really DO need.

*prodDEVSProd*
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    sromp, i think it was more a suggestion than a report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    Sromp ><
    Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post
    sorry yea was meant as suggestion
    Hurr durr sorry xD
    Sounds like a cool idea to me!

always assume people are idiots,
    99% of the time you are right,
    the other 1% doesn't get angry, because they know how it feels to deal with the other 99%

The only problem I see with this is the huge number of root-resistant monsters out there.

What if it were extended to pretty much any crowd control? It still makes sense. Rooted, you can't move, snared, you're limping at best, calmed, you're motionless, blind, you certainly aren't going to be dodging very well.

Right now a lot of the things that you really want to multi-aimedshot or aimedshot without concealment are immune or at least resistant to roots, but you can almost always apply at least one of roots, snares, calms and blinds to each monster, even most bosses.

Let's see how the reworks of AS will turn out first. I just hope regular AS will get unnerfed/uncapped again and that the secondairy AS will cycle fast enough (with enough skill 15k capped like FA is now).

If the normal AS gets uncapped I can't wait to use my detaunt stuff again.
    Last edited by Aimzor; Jun 24th, 2013 at 13:30:49. Reason: imho FA should also be uncapped...