Thread: OTPC: Special Omni-Tek Press Release: OT-Division Eleven

OTPC: Special Omni-Tek Press Release: OT-Division Eleven

OTPC: Special Omni-Tek Press Release: OT-Division Eleven
    March 21st, 29487

Omni-Tek HQ.
    Rubi-Ka, The time is 0800.

A meeting of Omni-Pol and OTPC was announced at 2300 hours last night, fourteen select individuals from the OTPC were invited to attend what was rumoured to be the revelation of Omni-Pol's latest weapon against the Clans and Neutral sympathisers.

What follows is a transcript of the meeting with Ivan Sergeyich, Director of Omni-Pol and Captain Mireann Ashford of Omni-Pol.

Ivan Sergeyich: Ladies, Gentlemen and Atrox. There comes a time in war, conflict and military engagements where things sometimes get ugly. Casualties of war are no stranger to Rubi-Ka, and neither are hostiles at our front door. We of Omni-Pol have been at the forefront of counter-insurgency technology and tactics since the dawn of our time on this planet.

Mireann Ashford broadcasts the details of an Omni-Pol Division Listing up on the display.

Ivan Sergeyich: Omni-Pol has numerous Divisions, each designed and trained to deal with whatever problem may arise. Divisions One through Eight deal with internal affairs and various classified details. The recently reformed Division Nine; Advanced Offensive Tactics. Division Ten; Medical Extraction and Reinforcement and the latest addition to us; Division Eleven.

Mireann Ashford steps forwards

Mireann Ashford: Division Eleven will be the initial stages of Citizen and Omni-Pol Training, Induction, Orientation and Extraction. D-Eleven will be open to all Omni-Tek citizens who pass an interview, fitness test and standard security background checks.

Anna Zobeki raises a hand.

Mireann Ashford: Yes?

Anna Zobeki: So any run of the mill citizen of Omni-Tek can apply to Division Eleven and become a fully fledged member of Omni-Pol?

Mireann Ashford: As long as they are registered Omni-Tek citizens they will be free to apply to Division Eleven, but noone is guaranteed a spot as a fully fledged member.

Anna Zobeki: This is the first of it's kind is it not? Who will be leading the Division?

Mireann Ashford: Yes its the first of its kind, and hopefully a start of something new for Omni-tek, and i will be taking lead of this Division, with close co-operation with the director of Omni-pol.

Ivan Sergeyich nods

Ivan Sergeyich: Division Eleven will be the forefront of Omni-Pol and citizen interaction, ensuring a safe and secure society.

Matthew Rutherford: Who else will we see in Division Eleven other than yourself Captain Ashford?

Mireann Ashford: I'm glad you asked, we will be carefully choosing members, advisors, officers and so on for the Division, and they will go through the same checks as any other member that will be joining in the future.

Anna Zobeki: So not even a word on who your second in command will be?

Mireann Ashford: *smiles* that will be announced later on.

Ivan Sergeyich: Suffice it to say we have invested a significant amount of time and funding in ensuring that Division Eleven can maintain a position on Rubi-Ka.

Reece Fisk: Could you say in the region of what amount of funding?

Ivan Sergeyich: That information is classified.

Reece Fisk: Is it true that Division Eleven is a direct response to the Freelance Mission Agency's discovery of a near miss bomb in Omni-Tek's secondary Head Office.

Ivan Sergeyich: That is not true.

Reece Fisk: Is it true that Division Eleven assisted in orchestrating the out right conflict between Vanguard and Omni-Pol AF troopers in Borealis last week?

Ivan Sergeyich: That information is classified.

Reece Fisk: Do you have anything to comment on the death of Tir Medical Head Lori Aevin?

Ivan Sergeyich: Security. Have that man removed.

*Time index 0810-0818 is missing*

Carly Oakey: Ivan mentioned earlier about Division Eleven securing a position on Rubi-Ka. What does that look like?

Mireann Ashford: We will just have to have some patience and see how the entire Division will turn out, as mentioned before, this is a first of its kind thing. So anything can happen.

Anna Zobeki: Will you as a division be based anywhere?

Mireann Ashford: Yes, Rome for now.

Ivan Sergeyich: We have of course ensured that Division Eleven is equipped with the most up to date technology to ensure an effective team while present in patrolling our corporation's cities.

Matthew Rutherford: What benefits could a normal citizen expect to receive upon successfully joining Division Eleven?

Mireann Ashford: Healthcare of course and insurance for themself and their family, they will be training with the best of the best on the planet. and much more.

Ivan Sergeyich: I need remind you, we will not be directly arming or funding the citizens of Omni-Tek. We will be assisting them in training to become a part of Omni-Pol's future.

Carly Oakey: How does one go about joining Division Eleven?

Mireann Ashford: You would need to apply via the Rubi-Kan Mailing System to Captain Mireann Ashford and we will arrange an interview at a mutually agreeable time.

One of the security approaches Ivan Sergeyich and speaks quietly into his ear.

Ivan Sergeyich: Thank you all for your time. I'm afraid the Captain and I are out of such a commodity for now. You may all see yourselves out.

Ivan Sergeyich and Captain Ashford leave the room.

History has shown that when outside military organizations start enlisting the help of indigenous folks to bolster their ranks it's either because they expect to leave soon, or are in the grip of desperation. For either reason I hail this move, and hope that it fails magnificently.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Soooo.... you're last weapon against us, at this stage, is in fact... an enrolment form.

Look at us all quaking in our collective boots. *laughs*

We look forward to the announcement of "OT-Division Twelve", after "OT-Division Eleven" goes the same way as OT-Division's One to Ten. Or did I get that wrong, and the "Eleven" refers to maximum IQ eligibility, in which case you'll probably be inundated with sign-ups.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

A brilliant initiative and a great way to build corporate resilience! The best of luck to D-11
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

I am in full support of this initiative aswell. It is a good move to create more communication between one of Omni-Tek's finest departments and employees.
    Omni-AF

Excellent initiative!
    Our officers are available if you need a hand with the training of the new recruits.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net

Thousands of OT Employees, and only 3 reply in support of their corporation's latest initiative.... yeah, looks great! for the clans that is.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Thousands of OT Employees, and only 3 reply in support of their corporation's latest initiative.... yeah, looks great! for the clans that is.
    Why would we need to post our support in a public forum? We think this is a great initiative and are sure it will work to its full potential.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

All the best to Division 11. Omni-Tek protects.
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing