Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What happened this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    You guys want some cheese with all that whine???
    Cheddar please

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    this is actually a secret plan to get all the AO players over to the other FC games
    I'm actually beginning to suspect that's true.
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    You guys want some cheese with all that whine???
    Not if its this kind of cheese operation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPN3KTtrnZM

I do not call it whining when the customer complains about not being able to make use of a product for which they are paying.

cmon feed the hamster
    1/0 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by missnik View Post
    Is it possible to provide an ETA on getting the servers back up and also an ETA to permanently fix this (or at least to communicate what steps are being taken)? The downtime on 3/3 was really horrible in light of the other lag/server crashes that had already happened prior and were obviously not resolved completely.

It would be nice to understand that people have made plans with friends and such to raid/do an instance/do mish's/level and these ongoing issues are making the game disappointing and frustrating...the word "game" connotes a fun time...but...im not having any fun at the moment.

Honestly, if someone had said to us, we are looking at x, y, and z and probably for the next week we are going to have random downtimes that could last <insert time here> amt of hours...well at least that is something and sets our expectations and i think as a community, we would BACK YOU because we would like this done and done right. As it is, we keep having downtimes, we get on, and are like yipppeeeeeee they fixed it! ...and then crash and it's like oh w.t.f...

Is this fixable? Are there steps you are taking to permanently resolve this? When the servers go up again, are we good to go forward or will you expect more random server crashes like this one?

Thank you
    I very much doubt that any of these crashes could have been considered expected, so I don't see what FC could say to you...

What would you have them say?
    For the next several years, there may be random server crashes and latency incidents due to unforseen instabilities from updates, hardware and random attacks. Please bear with us.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastmaniac View Post
    They should give people some free time for all this downtime... Unacceptable...
    Agreed here. I just reactivated my account after over 2 years hiatus and have had more time looking at the login screen than in game. Makes me wonder if I should have just not bothered.
    Marylynn "Rauri" Kozar
    President Opposing Force 2002 - 2010

Raurie lvl 217 ***Doc
    Rauri lvl 215 for like EVER **Fixer
    Jedzia lvl 130 *MA
    Rorie lvl 129 *MP
    Just to name a few....
    ....... and 4 other "alt" accounts cause that's how I roll

Quote Originally Posted by Raurie View Post
    Agreed here. I just reactivated my account after over 2 years hiatus and have had more time looking at the login screen than in game. Makes me wonder if I should have just not bothered.
    id be happy with a year free city rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Raurie View Post
    Welcome back Raurie!!! Shenukedit says welcome back too! When (IF) the servers ever come back, look us up.
    Director of Black****e Trading Company
    [ http://black****e.proboards.com]
    Slavegoblin [211 Crat] Dreadgoblin [220 Enforcer]
    Goblinspit [220 Trader] Meangoblin [220 Shade]
    Spookgoblin [60 Agent] Jittergoblin [60 Fixer]
    Hellgoblin [25 Soldier] Goblinspits [12 Engineer]

i activated my account to 3 of 4 days of downtime
    1/0 Adv

Maybe this is a marketing strategy for the upcoming booster pack: "Revenge of the Lag monster" (or maybe "Hamster uprising")
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    I very much doubt that any of these crashes could have been considered expected, so I don't see what FC could say to you...

What would you have them say?
    For the next several years, there may be random server crashes and latency incidents due to unforseen instabilities from updates, hardware and random attacks. Please bear with us.
    What FC could say is SOMETHING.

The complete silence after all the issue over the past few days says alot to people like me - I expect do get some communication about the issues discovered so far. Or were the weekened reboots just a shot in the dark?
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by zoneik View Post
    god i hope no new ppl have thought about playing AO there gonna be instantly put off by it
    Quicks scene

"hi i'm new how are u guys ?"
    "Welcome to Anarchy Online Home To Lag Spikes Instability And Now Your Stuck Here Enjoy Your Stay"
    you forgot to say GM's who say your lying.
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Instead of just bringing the servers up randomly and saying "OKAY FIXED!" can you please give us some details as to WTF is breaking the server repeatedly day after day? This way we don't just think it's a bunch of incompetent rubes running around FC HQ resetting the server/login portal, praying that the server-Gods will fix your problems.

I've played F2P games that were more stable than this. And those games were still in their infancy. Get your **** together, FC.
    Jenaku - 220 ma
    Dexiecane - 220 adv
    Decksii - 220 sold

soup guys?

Quote Originally Posted by dexiecane View Post
    Instead of just bringing the servers up randomly and saying "OKAY FIXED!" can you please give us some details as to WTF is breaking the server repeatedly day after day? This way we don't just think it's a bunch of incompetent rubes running around FC HQ resetting the server/login portal, praying that the server-Gods will fix your problems.

I've played F2P games that were more stable than this. And those games were still in their infancy. Get your **** together, FC.
    hai dex, you save me time typing
    Laydne / Dewestad / Reness

The Pain Dealers are recruiting

Live streaming @ www.twitch.tv/laydne

Wow just resubbed to this, good thing I only paid a month...

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    What FC could say is SOMETHING.

The complete silence after all the issue over the past few days says alot to people like me - I expect do get some communication about the issues discovered so far. Or were the weekened reboots just a shot in the dark?
    As I said, I doubt they know yet.
    I suppose they could give us a blow by blow of what they've been looking at and what they've done...
    But then they'd have to appoint someone to do this, someone that could disturb the techs and devs from what they're doing so it can be explained to them, and then write it out, then disturb the techs and devs again to make sure they've got it right, then post it.
    Of course this would all be slowing down the fix...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Hopefully this is fixed soon. We have some fun plans tonight <3

Sara

FC = Fixing Constantly...or did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    As I said, I doubt they know yet.
    I suppose they could give us a blow by blow of what they've been looking at and what they've done...
    But then they'd have to appoint someone to do this, someone that could disturb the techs and devs from what they're doing so it can be explained to them, and then write it out, then disturb the techs and devs again to make sure they've got it right, then post it.
    Of course this would all be slowing down the fix...

Yeah, that fix has been working out great when their full attention is on it! >.<
    Darktankin 220/30/70 Atrox Enforcer
    Popakap 220/23/64 Solitus Soldier
    Flagosaurus 220/27/70 Solitus Crat
    And many many more...

President of OT org The Darkside(Ex RK2)
    Protecting Rubi-Ka from terrorism since 29478

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast