Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Dnet Thread

Official Dnet Thread

Dnet is a mass-messaging network that sends a message to every subscriber which is currently online. Dnet is NOT a instant messaging service.

Common commands

/tell Dnet !rules
    /tell Dnet !register
    /tell Dnet !help
    /tell Dnet !send <message>

If at any time you don't feel like using the service you can always

/tell Dnet !unregister

To prevent spamming Dnet is limited to level 50+ characters, however anyone (and bots) can receive messages in a private group chat window by doing /tell Dnetorg !join

Current channels that you can !subscribe or !unsubscribe to

PVM - Used for sending pvm related messages such as building a raid, Tchu, or gathering people to another bot for the purpose of raiding, and other pvm related messages.

PVP - Used for announcing pvp events such as towers (although its advised to use sided pvp bots), bor pvp, or gathering people for battle stations.

Event - Used to informing people of a player or funcom run event such as NPC city AI raids, parties, or anything else the player base in general may have interest in.

Shopping - Used for selling or buying items and services. Try to refrain from posting duplicate messages over an extended period of time.

Lootrights - Used for selling or buying no-drop items.

General - Used for sending messages that you think may not fall into the other channels or to ask questions. This is NOT a spam channel.

Link to original thread
    Last edited by Maxisolja; Mar 1st, 2013 at 08:26:14.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

What future does dnet hold in the world of neutnet already being online? The 2 bots served the exact same purpose. Have you spoken with the owner of neutnet?

I tried neutnet a while ago and it was complete trash compared to dnet.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Personally I find neutnet more fairly run. Dnet admin is handed around to everyone and their mother and you end up being unjustly banned for no reason.

neutnet sounds lame. just like everything else from rk2
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    Personally I find neutnet more fairly run. Dnet admin is handed around to everyone and their mother and you end up being unjustly banned for no reason.
    We shall see how long this sentiment lasts :P

On a side note, Neutnet is a lot more advanced then Dnet (the majority of Dnet code besides the API was written in about 3 days and has barely been touched since)

The main problem for both bots is administration, Neutnet (at least when I played, and I hear it still is) has a lot of heavy handed admins that will ban for really stupid things.

Dnet if anything has to little administration (I haven't played this game in what 2 years now?) which leads to some abuse of the system.

They both do the same ****, I would actually be happy if everyone loved Neutnet more than Dnet because then this game could finally be completely dead to me, but I doubt that is the case.

Coding update

I have basically decided to finish all the code changes that I was working on very slowly for the past few months. This should make Dnet a lot more maintainable and stable. Expect Dnet to be up and running around this time tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsNotMyName View Post
    neutnet sounds lame. just like everything else from rk2
    well technically Dnet is from RK2...
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    Doesn't affect me im omni.

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

Neutnet now has even less admins than ever, People are always welcome to step up and apply to be a mod if you feel it needs more moderation. Neutnet bans are generally not "stupid" they just have clear rules and if you break them you get a ban. Theres just no wiggle room, so it leaves some people mad sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    Neutnet now has even less admins than ever, People are always welcome to step up and apply to be a mod if you feel it needs more moderation. Neutnet bans are generally not "stupid" they just have clear rules and if you break them you get a ban. Theres just no wiggle room, so it leaves some people mad sometimes.
    Generally I believe it's a good thing. I don't know that mass-message bots have any special place in viewpoint of FC and you can't really be sure about those GMs... So there is certain risks of getting system killed by FC and really is all the spam needed, usualy it's some junk that ends up on events or lft messages on pvm...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

the best thing about dnet is that it has dnetorg channel
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

The main problem for both bots is administration, Neutnet (at least when I played, and I hear it still is) has a lot of heavy handed admins that will ban for really stupid things.
    No, that's Dnet right there..

Quote Originally Posted by Maurtue View Post
    No, that's Dnet right there..
    eh? dnet admins are pretty lax about who gets banned and the ban timers are extremely carebear.

I know I did not just see you say something out of rk1 is carebear

Got banned on dnet for a week for singing pumped up kicks. 7 days. I laughed so hard
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by Tyfowler View Post
    Got banned on dnet for a week for singing pumped up kicks. 7 days. I laughed so hard
    dnet is not a kareoke bar.

Really all there needs to be is a spam channel seperated from general.

That way people can post song lyrics and fake Remains of... without fear of a ban.

Everyone who doesnt like seeing that sort of stuff can deregister from spam.

your an idiot

I got banned once on Dnet for innocently selling a piece of AI armour. One of the admins made a bid, which was politely rejected, and he banned me for disrespecting administration.

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Really all there needs to be is a spam channel seperated from general.

That way people can post song lyrics and fake Remains of... without fear of a ban.

Everyone who doesnt like seeing that sort of stuff can deregister from spam.
    /tell dnet !karaoke Roberts got a quick hand. He'll look around the room, he won't tell you his plan.

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Dnet always worked fine for me and I will use it again if it comes back up. Most of those who I heard from got banned, really deserved it. Ppl are just sad. Here we get a free service that really makes a difference to our way to trade, yet they have to misbehave and then flame the ppl who are paid nothing to keep some sort of order. This is kid-like behaviour.

To register with neutnet, for those of you who want to use it instead of Dnet or until Dnet comes back up, /tell neutnet !register and /tell neutnet !help for the commands, and /tell neutnet !rules. Please follow the rules guys

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast