Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any alternative omni raid bots?

Quote Originally Posted by Vispa View Post
    So, it's lame for a handful of people who are apparently not awake to begin with to take a base.
    Noone awake=no pvp, just pvp, yes that is lame.

But a faction moving them all into a set time to lock them down isn't?
    It would be if we tried to move them into a timezone where almost noone played, like your buddies did a few years ago. I can handle being accused of moving them into a timezone where most ppl play. I really can.

Makes alot of sense. In all seriousness any kind of moving has been lame, and always will be. Regardless of "Hawaii Primetime" or not. You're acting like only the attacking side stays up.
    I never said that. But if you spend a few seconds thinking about it you soon realize that it takes only a handfull attackers from any org to clear a field if noone is there to defend. And yes, during certain hours of this game MANY orgs have noone awake at all.

Name a good reason for an org to leave a field open for attack when noone is there to defend it.

Towers should have always been hot as they are suppose to and not tempt with. But we all know that won't happen.
    The only ones who have a legitimate complaint here is the ppl who either live on Hawaii or possibly those who work nights and such. But as the numbers clearly prove; those are a tiny majority. How would it be fair to put the needs of the few before the massive majority in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Hellcom? Isnt it that bot where admins told people with clan characters on rk2 who rolled omnis on rk1 to make things a bit more balanced they will get banned after the merge because of ... ??? ... because they say so? Thank God rk2 brought us dnet and sector42 ...
    Isn't Dnet from RK1?
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

"It's widely believed that Jesus was Chuck Norris' stunt double for crucifixion due to the fact that it is impossible for nails to pierce Chuck Norris' skin."

Quote Originally Posted by Toyhazard View Post
    I dont have a problem at all with having towers hot during server prime time, the issue is that you ONLY have towers hot during prime time disallowing anyone who isnt active at that time a chance to participate in tl 7 wars.
    That's a legitimate concern. Personally I don't lose any sleep over putting the needs and wants of the vast majority before a tiny minority..

And what are you talking about killing towers with no resistance, as your own stats show the online numbers on both sides are even most of the time. That means even though theres less defenders, theres also less attackers making the fights as balanced % wise as they are at server prime time.
    You are correct. But it also means that the chance of attacks slipping by without anyone noticing them increases by a large ammount.

The reason a base like EFP 5, that was out sync, was transferd yesterday was because you dont really want tl 7 wars, just tower benefits.
    As someone already said: most clan isn't there to enjoy that pvp. So it was moved into a zone where many more can. And many more omnis as well, as proven by the numbers.

I'll never understand the argument that putting bases in the most active time of the game (EU Primetime evenings) is somehow avoiding the duty of defending bases. It was a theory designed by euros Graftmage and Alco, who would rather that bases be hot while they're sleeping apparently. In reality, they'd rather all TL7 Omni bases were in US primetime when 75% of the game's population is sleeping. And the great thing about EU primetime is that it isn't so absurdly unavailable to Americans, particularly on weekends which is when 9/10 NW takeovers are made.

You can destroy this debate by just looking at the increase in tower activity since 2009 when bases were kept in this timezone, as opposed to the months and months of NO action in 2006-09 when most Omni tl7 bases were hot in alternative timezones.

Just join Heavencom, the bot is under construction

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    How about you don't show up in full force at every raid?
    This one is a real gem imo.

So.. how many can we bring? Does it have to be less than you have? How would you like it? If we get more, should we kick them or just tell them they have to wait at rally because you boohooed on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    I'll never understand the argument that putting bases in the most active time of the game (EU Primetime evenings) is somehow avoiding the duty of defending bases. It was a theory designed by euros Graftmage and Alco, who would rather that bases be hot while they're sleeping apparently. (In reality, they'd rather all TL7 Omni bases were in US primetime when 75% of the game's population is sleeping)
    i did towers at 5am gmt once. it consisted of 5 guys standing around with their thumbs in their asses watching 1 trader whittle down a tl6 field to abuse the global tower announcement and hoping the org getting attacked wasn't awake. guess that;s the kind of tower wars omnis like

I stopped replying to MassDebater when he posted something along the lines of "Clans take PvP too seriously", "doing long term damage to the (12 year old) game", etc.

Not sure if he's a joker, but I hope so for his sake.

Restricting tl7 towers for same 6hrs a day is counter productive, at least spread it out through 10-12hr window. This will allow other timezone folks to have a decent opportunity in tower action and keep them happy as well. This will give a lot of folks reason to join AO in those timezones("Timezone of the Damned" often called by your own fellow clan players).

Boosting the AO population is just not FC's job...we as players should not misuse some tactics and make the game dull for 75% of the day.
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

bump for towers before 1am.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

The poster above the poster above is a big fan of getting up at 7am to take towers ranging from tl1-5.

He is best example of someone who does all he can to avoid PvP and have PvT.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Getting up at 7am sounds fairly reasonable.

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

Getting up at 7am sounds fairly reasonable.
    Sure, but if you like it to be player vs player he should maybe reconsider his choice of hour.
    Last edited by Humlee; Mar 13th, 2013 at 16:48:40.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

bump for towers before 1am.
    towers are already before 1am.

Quote Originally Posted by Canibaal View Post
    Restricting tl7 towers for same 6hrs a day is counter productive, at least spread it out through 10-12hr window. This will allow other timezone folks to have a decent opportunity in tower action and keep them happy as well. This will give a lot of folks reason to join AO in those timezones("Timezone of the Damned" often called by your own fellow clan players).

Boosting the AO population is just not FC's job...we as players should not misuse some tactics and make the game dull for 75% of the day.
    No offence but you really can't come here to talk about wanting nw fun when you're famous on rk1 for logging out the moment any clan twink logs in (even on chat server!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap View Post
    Quite the opposite actually. It was out of sync thus meaning the majority of clan werent able to enjoy the fun, hence why we moved it to a time where the majority CAN enjoy it.
    Thats not really true because there where already 14 fields open during prime time, adding a 15th field doesnt increase the toweraction at that time. Just lowering the amount of hours a tl 7 field is open thus lowering the number of people who can participate over the course of a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Armus View Post
    That's a legitimate concern. Personally I don't lose any sleep over putting the needs and wants of the vast majority before a tiny minority..
    As your stat shows the group that plays outside of prime time isnt a tiny minority but a pretty big group of people.
    Last edited by Toyhazard; Mar 13th, 2013 at 17:17:50.
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

You misread the post... Pat meant most clans weren't there to enjoy the pvp, hence why it was moved.

Regardless how you want to word it, the fact of the matter is moving the bases to the game's prime time for BOTH factions increases the amount of pvp that's able to happen. Whether you choose to pvp during these times however is a different matter.

Technically no.

Having one field or 10 open does not increase pvp if there is one attack going.

What increases pvp is a nice even spread of hot times so that everyone across the world can do towers at their prime time.

your an idiot

I guess we come to our conclusion then, benefits > actual action.
    look. it's pretty simple. everyone wants pvp. it's only fair that towers are hot when the most people are online to enjoy that pvp. would you run a restaurant that was open from 1 am to 6am only?

as that graphic shows, towers are hot when the overwhelming majority are online. this way the most people can enjoy the pvp (off peak times have only 30% of the population compared to primetime)

Technically no.

Having one field or 10 open does not increase pvp if there is one attack going.

What increases pvp is a nice even spread of hot times so that everyone across the world can do towers at their prime time.
    ./shrug. i guess pvming a field full of towers at 5am is fun for some people. if you like that there's plenty of lowbie bases you can hit during your primetime.

Omni seem to be entirely neglecting the fact that each planted site has a defending org, and those orgs, in Clans case ALL have peak during euro primetime.

You're asking for european orgs to "sacrifice" their tl7 site into a timezone where they knowingly wont be online to defend.

So sorry lads, aint gonna happen.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast