Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ty FC

ty FC

While i think this thread will be ignored by the majority, i find i needed to make a post regarding this major update and say Thank You Funcom!
    After eons of soon(tm) and whatnot, in the end you kept your word (so far)

I agree and thank you FC. You pulled it out in the end and in a way with no major issues i have seen yet. Cuddos to you! Hope with the arrival of Joel they will manage to keep the other 2 major promises as well, the new engine and proff rebalance.
    Kirrana - 220/30 Doc
    Mikasha - 220/30 Fixer
    Minired - 220/30 Crat
    Hayliss - 220/30 MA
    Kerrida - 220 Shade
    Minicookie - 214 Trader
    Minidel - 213 Engi
    Nissika - 212 NT
    Aventine - 211 MP

Quote Originally Posted by Meanyred View Post
    You pulled it out in the end and in a way with no major issues i have seen yet.
    I assume you don't consider something as godawful as ruining everyone's preferences, bots, and names major issues because they admitted up front that's what was going to happen?

Okay.

Why is failing to deliver on more character slots not a major issue?
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Several of us also had to do complete reinstall as the patch resulted in non-stop update loop (integrity 1/8 -> wants to patch -> no patch available -> close -> repeat). Prefs gone, bots hammered... it wasnt really lacking major issues.

But, it's now done, and RK looks more alive again. If this was some sort of nerf-patch I'd be raging but considering what it brought.... yeah, ty FC! Late as usual (tm) but you did pull this one through

Because the character slots are coming later.

But yeah, let's hate some more. I hate how my office pc here for instance now chugs on the harddrive running through crowds. Reminds me of how everything used to suck with all those people camping unique mobs all the time and hogging the best lvling spots. Man, I wish we'd never had server merge, more people only bring more trouble. Now we can't have our towers in safety either, and 50 showed up for Tara clanside at 7 this morning. More people to contend with for points.... Seriously, server merge was the worst idea ever. I can't believe I thought it was a good idea.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I didn't say the merge wasn't a good idea, I'm just saying they didn't do a good job of it. Of course, it also could have been much worse and resulted in a rollback, but don't expect me to say thanks for not ****ing it up completely. Is that seriously what the standards around here have fallen to, Masta?
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

No, but I didn't really see much of a ****up. Perhaps it's because I haven't played the game to the same level of insanity that some people seem to have. Or that I don't mind the opportunity to do some cleaning. Maybe after all, my prefs will be better now that I have to spend some time thinking about them.

I don't see any names I had, except one on some rk2 alt I haven't played in 10 years, lost, and somehow I don't think "everyone's names" were ruined, and I can't really say that having to change the chatserver adress of a bot and changing things around for those to support the new id format, which might take all of 1 day, is something that'll ruin much of anyone's day, and if it is, I say find something else to occupy your time if this is enough to shake your world to its foundation.
    Come back in a week, or a month. It's not like you're really missing anything other than the grief you're piling on yourself.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Feb 27th, 2013 at 11:36:08.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Just because you don't mind putting up with redoing your preferences doesn't mean it's not an issue. I find forcing all your players to rely on 3rd party tools or their own programming skill to keep their preferences or redo them all incredibly unprofessional, especially since it punishes longer-time users with more stuff most.

You're right, not everyone's names were ruined, and it's to be expected. But I expected something more useful like Name-rk1/2 so you could know who someone used to be at least.

Changing chatserver stuff for bots is also an entirely expected issue. What's less reasonable is nerfing PoRK for, what is it, a week? Our orgbot is telling new members Access denied when they try to do a simple !online, random weird stuff isn't working... Maybe it will be fixed within a day but I suspect FC could have handled it better. It's not shaking my world to it's foundations but it is downright frustrating to try and deal with all of these issues, and multiply that for trying to help all your friends and orgmates through the same issues.

We pay to play, not to sit on our asses trying to make the game playable again. Does this make any sense to you?
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    Changing chatserver stuff for bots is also an entirely expected issue. What's less reasonable is nerfing PoRK for, what is it, a week? Our orgbot is telling new members Access denied when they try to do a simple !online, random weird stuff isn't working... Maybe it will be fixed within a day but I suspect FC could have handled it better.
    !online not working is really your orgbots problem.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    !online not working is really your orgbots problem.
    Honestly I suspect as much, but premerge it was fine and postmerge it isn't. Not my bot though and I have no administrative power, and as such, I can't do anything about it >.>

EDIT:

Here's a fun one

[Defenders of Rubi Ka] Sapperbyste: !o
    [Defenders of Rubi Ka] Rimorbot: 0 members online

....yep
    Last edited by Byste; Feb 27th, 2013 at 13:00:49.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Everything went totally smooth. When I logged in first 7 hours ago, everything (ofc except my prefs, but seriously, thats not a loss at all since they can be easily and simply redone manually - that wont hurt anyone) was as it was before. Even our orgbot did everything like !online or !whois. No credits are lost, no names. But I saw a bunch of apparently automatically renamed chars.

To be honest, I never experienced such a big change in AO in the last 10 years that flawless. There might occur some really really minor issues for some players here and there, but overall it seems to be totally smooth.

Thats why the delayed merge was the absolutely right thing. Everything earlier might have caused big problems and bugs. Its good like it is. And yes, the didnt give appropriate messages to the community in time and over time, but its simple - the more they care about writing replies about status, the less time they got time to work at the progress. "Just let them do their work and stfu".

In this case: Well done Funcom. Thank you very much.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

This is a perfect example of why Funcom did a terrible, terrible job.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Byste- Agree with everything you stated in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Come back in a week, or a month. It's not like you're really missing anything other than the grief you're piling on yourself.
    Masta- Very good advice that I'm personally following. I logged in.. then I logged out. I just can't be bothered to go through the nonsense with AO atm. Could be that I just don't have the tolerance for it because of too many other things going on IRL (andn when I log in to any game I just want to get to the fun stuff).

Whatever the reason, I'll revisit the situation in a couple months or so. Maybe the new engine and New Player Experience will be in by then.

Edit- See Byste quoted me above.. didn't really mean to double post but yeah.. whatever
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

It is. I have grown old and learned to temper my enthusiasm with patience. Looking at all the whining in MWO, which I play around with a bunch, about how it moves too slow and nothing happens etc., when a patch doesn't contain an instant fix for something, I just shake my head, play a handful of rounds, have some fun. Come back another week later to see what the next patch brings. Play a bit again, have fun. Wait. My experience is that everything is nicer this way.
    The Red Brotherhood

I'll second that Thank You Funcom!

Even running on Linux the transition was very smooth - and even if I could, I'm definitely going to resist the urge to copy all prefs and take the opportunity to make them actually work instead of being the randomly built up messes they are.

And as usual I'm delighted to see downtime being announced pessimistically instead of having it drag far beyond the expected time and cause unnecessary grievance.

People do seem to like going to extremes to find something to complain about and blow up the proportions of such things. Granted, those with double digits of high level toons and might have to deal with some annoyance, but the majority can certainly not claim being severely impacted. It'll be forgotten within reasonable time, as significantly greater issues have prior to this update.

And may I say... I have found some of the forced name changes rather humorous

Yeah gj FC
    Pref Merging and GUI went pretty smooth, the naming algorithm was fine too

Now move on with some extra Char Slots pls !

Greets an happy
    Yullaw *wavey*
    You can try to repress your sorrow but let it never fall into Oblivion

-= Knight Yullaw 220/30/70 =- -=Tradeskiller Flip 220/30 =-
    and some other Toons *caugh*

This merge was the best thing that has happed to AO in many years. I'm glad I came back and renewed my subscription. THANK YOU FUNCOM!!

Good Job!
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

I've been waiting for the merge to resub too. Now getting ready to put on a pot of coffee and open my banks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast