Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we get rid of the city plots now?

Can we get rid of the city plots now?

Because jesus, ugly.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Meh it's prettier than before. But idea is good why not make buildings plantable everywhere why limit people with plots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I guess the reason to lock down all outdoor plots was to prevent the "omg they got an outdoor plot and we didn't!" drama that would've resulted from the first come first served landgrab rush after the server came up.

However, the outdoor plots now either should be restored to the pre-AI landscape, or maybe reopened as a "vanity" city option, being considerably more expensive than the instanced one, but available where everyone can see them... However, it would still just end up being the aforementioned landgrab rush and resulting drama if were just opened up. Maybe through some kind of auction or similar way to get them.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I miss the new land whoompas everywhere how will I get around now????
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    /walk, /run maybe? Try the recall beacons, I know the cool down time sucks but its better than nothing
    Carpdiem 220 Martial Artist - Bellatrix 220 Fixer
    Furymaster 220 Meta Physicist - Manhandle 215 Enforcer

Proud General of Athen Paladins - Now retired

Come check us out at www.athenpaladins.org

Just change the grass mesh for an empty city plot to something with tree's and growth which matches the surrounding area, or maybe just a general mesh would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Ask help from friendly fixer?
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

I think FC should plant these plots, with buildings and wompahs. That way they arent a random square of perfect grass in the desert and people can still travel easy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeasaukko View Post
    Ask help from friendly fixer?
    Exactly, isn't this what fixers are for?? Just like MPs are for CI and healpet, and doc/sol/crat are the only play professions. Know your place!
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    I guess the reason to lock down all outdoor plots was to prevent the "omg they got an outdoor plot and we didn't!" drama that would've resulted from the first come first served landgrab rush after the server came up.
    This is more-or-less the reason. There was no way to migrate the cities, and if the outdoor plots were open then there would have been an extremely unfair rush while everything else was being settled. Also, outdoor cities in general are an awesome idea but I think the way they operate in AO could use some improvement (and this is my personal opinion -- to tie them somehow to PvP so they can change hands). However, any real improvement to the outdoor cities would require a wipe anyway. So the most practical solution was to turn them off for the migration, and then evaluate options for improvements before bringing them back. This also allows people to get settled so there isn't an insane land rush dominated by who can get through the post-migration login queue fastest.

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    and crats are the only play professions. Know your place!
    Fixed that for you!
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Malaxia View Post
    Fixed that for you!
    Crats Rock©!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Crat love thread, must contribute

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    This is more-or-less the reason. There was no way to migrate the cities, and if the outdoor plots were open then there would have been an extremely unfair rush while everything else was being settled. Also, outdoor cities in general are an awesome idea but I think the way they operate in AO could use some improvement (and this is my personal opinion -- to tie them somehow to PvP so they can change hands). However, any real improvement to the outdoor cities would require a wipe anyway. So the most practical solution was to turn them off for the migration, and then evaluate options for improvements before bringing them back. This also allows people to get settled so there isn't an insane land rush dominated by who can get through the post-migration login queue fastest.
    When I read this I replaced all occurrences of "city" with "tower field" in my mind and I can't stop wondering why those were up for grabs right after the premature launch.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

So does that mean there's a chance outdoor cities might return as cities in the future? *hopeful look* I miss Coast of Peace and our lovely beach-fronted city spot already

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    When I read this I replaced all occurrences of "city" with "tower field" in my mind and I can't stop wondering why those were up for grabs right after the premature launch.
    Because, funnily, they can change hands!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Also, outdoor cities in general are an awesome idea but I think the way they operate in AO could use some improvement (and this is my personal opinion -- to tie them somehow to PvP so they can change hands).
    I think we already have tower fields for that. But for extended mechanics maybe convert some city plots to PvPvM fields including aliens.

And I again dream of some sort of extended player housing for the remaining spots. Perhaps some sort of stacked-flat/house design with fully visible interior.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

I wouldn't have a problem with the outdoor cities if they weren't so mindblowingly ugly. And by that I really only mean the height of the buildings. If they were all redone to be about the height of the shop building, and perhaps some variation were introduced so that not every city looked exactly the same, then why not. As it is I think the grass plots look better.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Also, outdoor cities in general are an awesome idea but I think the way they operate in AO could use some improvement (and this is my personal opinion -- to tie them somehow to PvP so they can change hands).
    Wasn't that the premise for SL "land control" areas?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast