Thread: Temporary GUI solution 18.6.x

Temporary GUI solution 18.6.x

I run a cloned ndGui with a 100% edited texture pack, Doing this will get you the textures from your old skin working in the new GUI atleast (Works for edited HP bars and the like)

First you make a folder for your skin in:

C:\Users\ACCOUNT NAME HERE\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\b4******\Anarchy Online\Gui\Bashyskin

I've used Bashyskin for example.

Next you want your ndGui/AOU/Whatever texture files from the GUI you wish to use, they will be named GUIGFX.UVGA and GUIGFX.UVGI.

Copy those 2 files into the Folder you made inside %APPDATA% (Bashyskin)

Rename them to Graphics.UVGA and Graphics.UVGI.

Next you need to add some core files from the current "Clean" GUI for text coloring, UI elements and "Stuff" so from a working install, you need files from "C:\Games\Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\Default", There is always the CleanGUI in the forums containing them aswell, The files you need are....

Variables.xml TextColors.xml GUIColors.xml and also the 3 folders Action Menu, OptionPanel and Views.

Safest bet is to copy everything besides the Graphics files themselves.

You should now have a folder with 8 files and 3 folders inside your GUI folder of %APPDATA%, run the game, hit Settings, hit the GUI tab, Type the name of your skin (The folder you made), Make sure the Skins folder in the bottom input field Matches your GUI's location and launch....

GL and hope it helps the bigger skinners getting our buttons back!

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/scrn0000.png

I would like to note that making backups before starting this is important and make sure you always COPY instead of MOVE. I have now broken my AO client to the point that it's breaking Windows Desktop Manager when I try to run AO. xD

EDIT: hurray for liberal use of Undo.
    Last edited by Byste; Feb 27th, 2013 at 04:52:58.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

You should never ever overwrite anything in the AO folders... never, ever. They updated the game to specifically support GUIs that don't overwrite everything, so there's no reason to do any backups or whatever.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Not sure who you're reprimanding but the OPs solution worked great for me after I followed it more closely to the letter. Backups are always a good idea in case you **** up, because let's face it, people do that sometimes.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Or just use, you know, the official fix http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=295
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Darn, you got me! Why didn't I do that? Oh yeah, because this fix only came out 1 hour ago.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Patience is a virtue.
    The Red Brotherhood

FC would say paying to wait is a virtue, wouldn't they?
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium