Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Character Slots

Quote Originally Posted by Eventsbyjill View Post
    the only real way to speak clearly to them is via our money (and how we choose to spend, or not spend it).
    Agreed, This is just one of the many reasons I decided to cancel all my paid accts.

I pay because I have fun playing. I have no need nor desire to speak my mind to FC. I may or may not aggree with how they run things, but I fail to see the benefit of cancelling my accounts in order to protest my disapproval of their policy in some areas. Cancelling my account doesn't in any way improve my actual gameplay experience, in fact the only thing it does is give me less fun and improve the chances that the game dies out, giving me even less fun. This is not policy, philosophy or other "big" stuff, it's a game and that's it.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

I pay because I have fun playing. I have no need nor desire to speak my mind to FC. I may or may not aggree with how they run things, but I fail to see the benefit of cancelling my accounts in order to protest my disapproval of their policy in some areas. Cancelling my account doesn't in any way improve my actual gameplay experience, in fact the only thing it does is give me less fun and improve the chances that the game dies out, giving me even less fun. This is not policy, philosophy or other "big" stuff, it's a game and that's it.
    Bump.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

And I think you are within your right to feel this way.

I'm different. I've paid funcom an average of $450/year for over 8 years. It isn't a ton of money, I'll admit, but it is MY money. When I buy a product (that's all any game is really.. a product) I have expectations regarding what I am to receive and how I wish to be treated as a customer. When a company fails to meet those expectations then I feel it to be my responsibility to myself (on behalf of my own money) to express my concerns. When those concerns go unrecognized and the undesireable behavior continues then I am left with no other option than to speak with my money.

For years I have gone against my own personal policy regarding what I expect when purchasing a service and continued to pay Funcom because of my enjoyment of the game. Quite often I justified it by saying "they don't have the staffing", "the devs really care and are doing the best they can" "well at least I can still do the stuff I like in-game even if ..." etc etc. For most of the years the amount of enjoyment I received out of the game allowed me to somehow justify continuing to pay them despite often times feeling that their policy and procedures were lacking and the customer service atrocious.

I still watch the forums, still provide input, and every now and then still log in, because I continue to 'hope' that something will change. With every change of the guard, I hope that they'll start to put more value on their loyal customers (I put myself in that category) and do some of the things that they've promised for years. There are some very real similarities between being a long-time customer of Funcom's and being in an abusive relationship. I'll just leave it at that.
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

And I think you are within your right to feel this way.

I'm different. I've paid funcom an average of $450/year for over 8 years. It isn't a ton of money, I'll admit, but it is MY money. When I buy a product (that's all any game is really.. a product) I have expectations regarding what I am to receive and how I wish to be treated as a customer. When a company fails to meet those expectations then I feel it to be my responsibility to myself (on behalf of my own money) to express my concerns. When those concerns go unrecognized and the undesireable behavior continues then I am left with no other option than to speak with my money.

For years I have gone against my own personal policy regarding what I expect when purchasing a service and continued to pay Funcom because of my enjoyment of the game. Quite often I justified it by saying "they don't have the staffing", "the devs really care and are doing the best they can" "well at least I can still do the stuff I like in-game even if ..." etc etc. For most of the years the amount of enjoyment I received out of the game allowed me to somehow justify continuing to pay them despite often times feeling that their policy and procedures were lacking and the customer service atrocious.

I still watch the forums, still provide input, and every now and then still log in, because I continue to 'hope' that something will change. With every change of the guard, I hope that they'll start to put more value on their loyal customers (I put myself in that category) and do some of the things that they've promised for years. There are some very real similarities between being a long-time customer of Funcom's and being in an abusive relationship. I'll just leave it at that.

BUMP!

This is spot on. I'm sure that many players feel this way - myself included, and I know two others for definite: My Brother, and Brother-in-law.
    Rubi-Ka is an ideal Planet for colonisation, but its Notum will make it dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. I fear for it. Unknown 28703AD

Cool

Bump also. If some of the people on here want to cut off their nose to spite their face so be it. I enjoy playing the game no matter what. By the way there are many, many more people playing than posting here and only about half those posting here are complaining so I don't see why FC would be concerned. Just saying

I'm different..
    How so? Regardless of the sum you spend, you have obviously been happy enough to spend it, and by the amount of money you mention, you must have been exceedingly happy to play AO. But some things just come to an end, maybe it has for you? Nothing much has changed over the past 5 years, afterall, and certain things do become stale after a while.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Hi,

A decision has now been reached regarding the character slots, and I wanted to share the numbers with you. As always, the numbers are subject to change in case we run into unexpected issues.

• 8 character slots for 'froobs' (so no change)
    • 12 character slots for anyone with an active subscription when the patch containing the slot increase (18.6.2) reaches live.
    • 10 character slots for subscribers that were not active during the patch (new subscribers after the patch, or subscribers re-activating after the patch).

So basically, 10 character slots will be the new default for paying customers, and the 12 slots are meant as a kind of loyalty reward for those who have been subscribing during/after the merge.

At some point in the future, additional slots will be available for purchase either through the account pages or the in-game store. This ability to buy slots will however most likely not be launched at the same time as the slot increase.
    When will character transfers between linked accounts be turned back on?

Will there be a timeframe where these transfers are "free" or at a reduced cost ... ???

So that we are more likely and/or willing to move our "lost - no room in the Inn - inactive toons" to a new/veteran account instead of leaving them in limbo forever?

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    Bump also. If some of the people on here want to cut off their nose to spite their face so be it. I enjoy playing the game no matter what. By the way there are many, many more people playing than posting here and only about half those posting here are complaining so I don't see why FC would be concerned. Just saying
    Bump that...

My expectations were set from AO beta. Zone/server crashes and over loads. No yalms in shops, and maybe 4 or 5 whompas. I paid more per month back then than I do today with all expansions. I pay to play, I'm not paying based on future releases or comming soon. I like the game the way it is now, if it gets some improvements along the way fantastic.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    While I understand your sentiment too, the fact is - people are leaving at alarming rates. And if enough folks leave, it will make the decision for all of us. At some point, FC will do an ROI and maybe AO will not meet its needed targets and be shut down.

But, saying FC should not listen to the people on the forums is shortsighted. Why would they have these forums unless they wanted information and feedback?

The day will come when no one posts, no one questions and no wonders out loud about the game - that will be the point of no return and it will be too late to listen.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Cool

FunCom just restructured the company and even in the midst of that pulled of a server merge with only a few small problems. The new guy seems to be ready to get the graphics engine and new player experience out to us as soon as they can. I know people have heard it before but I really believe they will get it done this time. And no I'm not new I have been playing since 2005 so I've heard all the promises also. The thing is, as I said earlier, I play the game for the richness of the content that is not available in other MMO's. If I want eye candy there is plenty of it out there but the games are shallow with little content. Thus I will continue to play anarchy and pay for my accounts because I enjoy the content of the game and the friends I've made playing in a great org. I honestly think that AO is destined for great things this year and the server merge is just the beginning. Bye for now I'm going to go team with some friends and we'll all get our inferno sanctuary keys and enjoy every minute. BTW I fully expect to be flamed for being too optimistic about AO's future in this post so Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    the fact is - people are leaving at alarming rates.
    Hah!

I have heard this from the doomsayers for many many years now. The rhetoric NEVER changes, and yet the game still persists.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456