Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18.6.0 Update Release Notes

sexy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I think it entirely possible that FC has been hacked and the patch notes are in fact a fabrication. The identifying "Fixed various bugs and exploits" line is missing from the message. I chose to disbelieve the whole "server merge" myth and will be killing hecklors all day today, enjoy your "24 hour down-time", you gullibility is laughable!
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

"More characters can be created when less than max are active."

What? lol, that makes no sense. Does that mean if i play 8 toons regularly I can't make a 9th? but if 1 becomes inactive overtime I can make a new character? lol, that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense..... Unless they are talking about when the server capacity has went down? but even then the wording doesn't sound right.......

After thinking some more, does that mean the delete option is gone? and that a character has to go "Inactive" to make a new character? Do we have inactive/active timers now? I'm a bit lost on their wording on that.

Funcom employee

The inactive state is only set on characters that were merged from the other dimensions.
    Any new character you create or existing character you log in will be set to active.
    Characters who are active can never be set to inactive again.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Characters who are active can never be set to inactive again.
    How about characters that were active, got deleted and are brought back by GM?

Thanks Vhab, that clears that up , with the same number of total characters being the total max per account as before, thanks for replying! and thank you for your help with getting this merge going Hopefully AO will start to be as populated as we wanted it to be and you guys can now focus on the engine by the end of the year and other updates and a booster/expac by mid 2014 I can only imagine with the move, and devs leaving and coming how hard it must be for everyone to re-read over everything everyone has done and start there and then implement their ideas, then one leave again and then repeating the process. But it seems now we're at a nice stable point, merge is here, engine is nearly complete, I forsee smooth sailing.

Again, thanks Vhab and the rest of the team making this all possible. AO deserves it!

Wait... are we not getting any free additional characterslots per account ?
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

We were promised something more than 8 ...

However, no one will seem to say what the number will be.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Wait... are we not getting any free additional characterslots per account ?
    judging the mud by the amount of weak souce i'd say we just fell into the same water.
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    We were promised something
    You still havent learned anything

Kinnik

lol

wrong game bro

I didn't see any mention of fixing exploits.
    Will they still be there for the rebel Clammer scum to use?
    The mind is like a parachute.
    It works best when it's open.

Quote Originally Posted by Therrito View Post
    I didn't see any mention of fixing exploits.
    Will they still be there for the rebel Clammer scum to use?
    wat. everyone knows it's omnis that sploit.

The Grid house now grants access to the grid by walking on the platform

sweet this has bugged me for 6 years, i remember first time i was in org city trying to figure out how to grid out, finally got shown the grid inside hq and was like wtf why dosent grid house have grid access :P

The fact that noone will say how many character slots we will get makes me think the fix is in, we will get zero additional playable slots, if u want to 'activate' as in play additional toons u get to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    wat. everyone knows it's omnis that sploit.
    j00 lie
    The mind is like a parachute.
    It works best when it's open.

Great news, resubbing tomorrow provided all goes well with the merger (got my fingers crossed). Been waiting for this day :-)
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    How about characters that were active, got deleted and are brought back by GM?
    I would guess this is disabled feature now.

Kinnik
    They never actually promised anything, it was a statement that they were "looking into" additional slots for paid accounts. I'll try to find it for you.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    They never actually promised anything, it was a statement that they were "looking into" additional slots for paid accounts. I'll try to find it for you.
    "we will give some additional amount to subscribers (just as a bonus for being a subscriber)" doesnt sound like "looking into" to me.

Yea i read that also...but there has been multiple threads on that subject and none of them have given any absolutes. Most have been relatively vague about this. More times than not with a "looking into" or "going over" the numbers scenerio. Also keep in mind that was from the previous GD so things change. The new and current GD has not commented on the subject. So while I can gaurantee 8 slots, I can only assume 10-12 being reasonable.
    Last edited by Psikie; Feb 26th, 2013 at 20:58:41.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast