Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pistol mastery

Pistol mastery

So, when specials are nerfed..

I'm thinking if soldiers had access to pistol mastery, maybe I'd ditch FA and go all out pistols.

As the issue with fa/as is already solved, I don't see this as overpowered.

The IP is there for maxxed RE, SMG, Pistol, FA, AS and just enough muliranged. You just need to sacrifice a some evades. You wouldn't need to use the Aimed Lust + a Peregrine, you could still use an Envy + Peregrine. Also you wouldn't have to give up Power Up + RE skill.

I guess whether AS would be better than FA depends on the def check of this fabled AS backstab and how long its cycle is.

So are we due to get access to Pistol Mastery perks? Has anyone heard any hints to this effect?

yeah you are right, for some reason i was thinking they wouldnt work without a pistol in mainhand

debump, soldiers are ranged energy/ar/smg and maybe a shotgun prof. In no way are we a pistol prof other then the Jobe pistol which I would basically call a mistake (even if it was needed at the time).
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Game has way too many professions built around pistol as it is.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Im going all out Ky'r Type 1 and Type 4 setup post AO_NGE.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Game has way too many professions built around pistol as it is.
    I would have to agree with this. Variety between professions ftw.

Kermaperuna
    220/28/70 | Solitus Engineer | Main
    |Atlantean|
    President of What's Left of Paragon

I hate the thought of soldiers using pistols. It's a shame Pistol Mastery is such a huge DD perkline now with such small def checks and a new decent AS pistol to use it with, while almost every other perkline is left in the dirt.

Soldiers don't need that kind of perk DD atm, and hopefully we won't be needing it after the hotswap nerf either.

we are master of ranged skills and we alr have pistol buff so bump for access to pistol mastery , we should be the 1st to use it tbh !

Were the master's of heavy ranged skills, I don't expect to see any soldiers walking around with bow any time soon.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisfix View Post
    I don't expect to see any soldiers walking around with bow any time soon.
    One word; Rambo

Besides, pistol is one of soldiers green skills, sidearm.

id rather see shotgun being buffed first than pistol tbh.

we alrdy got shottie buffs :P
    Beertrinker
    Shadyyy
    Bultcratie
    Vaihelvete
    Proud Member of Paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by ithacana View Post
    Beer is like chocolatey secs goodness, how could you doubt him?

i've used bow before, so it's out there
    Topaboss 220/30/70 solitus soldier :: equip

Same here, I'm kicking a sapph bow and ice arrows atm, it's pretty funny to see an inexperienced advy coon 5 seconds into DoF cos you hit him with a big bag of tricks.

Apart from that it's pretty useless cos it's not hotswappable.

Well I'm currently using pistols on my soldier and I must say I would love access to pistol mastery. Honestly it's the only reason I'm not planning on stay pistols end game when I get there, if we had access to the perk line I would reconsider.

bump. no reason not to. just because "there's plenty of pistol users already" is no reason to deny access to what is apparently supposed to be part of the intended toolset for a class. cheap, IP-wise, buffs for it, and a profession-locked pistol is enough evidence that soldiers were (at one point?) intended to at least have the option of wielding pistols as a viable weapon.

so, the pistol line would give soldiers a good deal more DD... so? the issue isn't really dealing with PvP, which is what the profession balances are aimed toward. the day that comes about where funcom says "no new heals for anyone... there's too many classes that heal already" will be a sad day indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by flashptblack View Post
    bump. no reason not to.
    How about no because of the fact that it'll be insanely op on soldiers? Advies are already bad enough as is.

the 'rework' was obviously designed for support profs, but FC in their cluelessness forgot that ranged advies aren't in the same AR league as the other 'support' profs
    bai2u!
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

well, I grant the general point, but MY point is that it makes no sense to deny a profession who's intended to having the option to use a certain type of weapon a perkline devoted to that weapon. my main concern here is AR more than anything else. most of the time (as has been my experiences in the past, and I'll be honest and say it's been awhile since I've played my sold as pistol) it seems that pistol solds have trouble landing FA on evade (and sometime pseudo-evade) classes as it is. now, with the introduction of the USEFUL AS pistol, I can understand some of the misgivings here.

however, comparing a soldier to a ranged advy is hardly the same thing. more times than not, being a soldier leans toward the "deal as much damage as fast as fast as you can before you die" philosophy. it doesn't seem to me that the perkline itself would be ridiculously overpowered, compared to ranged advies who get the entire perkline plus effective heals, evades, and cocoon.

So ask for new pistol buff. Not PM10.
    bai2u!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast