Thread: Jet-pack ... gone??

Jet-pack ... gone??

So where did the jet-pack go? Was it removed intentionally? Or, just a "slip" when the valentine items were added?

Please bring the jet-pack back!

Kinnik

It would be cool if it was removed tho. Not good, but it used to be a challenge to earn 5m creds for yalm on first character and until then you were forced to run through forests and monsters. Was fun. .. but slow.
    Juhan - 199 enf
    Zozikel - 180 advy
    Haabalaka - 177 doc
    Ladies - 176 doc
    Gentlemen - 199 crat
    Hesburger - 176 soldier
    + more alts

Quote Originally Posted by kx2 View Post
    It would be cool if it was removed tho. Not good, but it used to be a challenge to earn 5m creds for yalm on first character and until then you were forced to run through forests and monsters. Was fun. .. but slow.
    The jetpack is 100x more visually appealing though. As well as the equip time.

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    The jetpack is 100x more visually appealing though. As well as the equip time.
    Yes. You are totally right. The equip time is what makes it good. Too bad all those yalms are just sitting in vendors tho.
    Juhan - 199 enf
    Zozikel - 180 advy
    Haabalaka - 177 doc
    Ladies - 176 doc
    Gentlemen - 199 crat
    Hesburger - 176 soldier
    + more alts

There's plenty of unused (or obsolete) content and items in the game. No need to make players suffer just for the sake of nostalgia. :P

Dear AO Devs: you'll probably ignore this but if you're removing the jetpacks you'd better make it the same time to equip a yalm as it does a jetpack. Or I'll take you outside and pull faces at you. And as I'm a Nanomage you do not want that.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

I'd be seriously disappointed if they intentionally removed this. Was one of the best additions to the game.

I said it before they got implemented and someone thought it was a good enough point to do it so I'll say it again just in case... It's The Future, We Need Jetpacks!
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Guessing they'll be added back at a premium. (Like most of the valentines items :P). *Hopefully* it is a mistake though...

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Funcom employee

Sorry, I didn't see this post. The Jetpack was removed as it was a Birthday reward/gift that we had simply forgotten to remove after the season passed, akin to leaving hecklers frosted/with party hats. Sorry for the inconvenience, but they should return for this year's birthday festivities.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogline View Post
    Dear AO Devs: you'll probably ignore this but if you're removing the jetpacks you'd better make it the same time to equip a yalm as it does a jetpack. Or I'll take you outside and pull faces at you. And as I'm a Nanomage you do not want that.
    I see no harm in this...what's the worst that could happen?
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

I'm not talking about the hockey mask, I'm talking about the mask I wear *behind* the hockey mask. Oh alright, next birthday for my legion of alts it is then...

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Sorry, I didn't see this post. The Jetpack was removed as it was a Birthday reward/gift that we had simply forgotten to remove after the season passed, akin to leaving hecklers frosted/with party hats. Sorry for the inconvenience, but they should return for this year's birthday festivities.
    To be honest, thats what i thought they were as well, something specific to bday celebrations...which is why during those few weeks, i started about 20 alts and got them all jetpacks. I thought they would be removed after the celebrations so I was surprised to still see them as claimable a couple months ago

Good to know they'll be back for next bday stuff though
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    The Jetpack was removed as it was a Birthday reward/gift that we had simply forgotten to remove after the season passed,
    But then you should also remove it from the Game launcher.

I was slightly saddened to see it gone, I was stupid enough not to get one on all my Toons.
    As a matter of fact, I had to actually buy a yalm for my Keeper to do some stuff... (Used FC points though hehehehe, as I'm saving the Vet Points.)

IMO the Item Store yalm, should be atleast double it's current price...
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Did everyone forget about the phasefront vehicles? Pay for your luxuries!
    $5 = all your toons can always fly, right? Or am I missing something?
    ---------------------------------------------
    » sehne - 220/70/30? never!
    » sakura - forever gimped
    » kuupo - eternal project

Quote Originally Posted by Sehne View Post
    Nope you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Sehne View Post
    Don't forget you can also buy tradeable items from the itemstore and sell them for ingame creds to buy your first yalm.

This is for people after the authentic yalm buying experience.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot