Thread: Testlive - Merge hits again

Testlive - Merge hits again

Hi all,

Quick question to any AO Testlive dweller (COT, BH or FC people):

Has the environment been put through the merge process again or just a rollback to "right after merge"?

Regards,
    Khlin
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Based on my accounts/toons they have redone the name algorithym after making adjustments for those switches that were backwards. They said it was going to re-use the Live-copy they made before.

Newly changed names are just one letter and then all numbers now.

Kinnik

Edit: One of my 2 toon names I thought should not have lost their name got fixed, lost a few different names and a few toons lost names with both passes.

I am aware of one toon on a friend's account that has a 202 toon that lost her name with 2nd pass to a lvl 2 toon ... this particular toon did not loose her name on 1st pass ... she put in a bug report.
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Jan 25th, 2013 at 21:37:42.

I deleted 2 and created 1 new toon on TL after the merge test. As the new one's gone and the old one's back aaand the toons are back at their logged off on Live position I cautiously suppose the merge was rerun.
    Last edited by Misat0; Jan 25th, 2013 at 22:28:56.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Ahem...

HUD3 attunment devices seem to work
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

I believe a new merge was to be run after the issues discovered in the first run, so I'd imagine that is indeed what has happened.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I thouht they would so the merge process all over again, including a character wipe in order to see that everything goes smooth. Perhaps they changed their mind?

The chars were wiped on TL and a new merge has been initiated. And they had a nice idea for the global research issue

Yes indeed! I see all global research as Completed!!

Oops ... I should have looked closer, only the research for the HUD's are complete, all the vehicles are at research level 1 available for reserach.

Very nice! Thank you Ilaliya, Vhab et al for making the Hud's still work for us!

Kinnik

I see at 1, maybe 2 faults on my accounts atm. Same as before last merge.

Seems to me like inactive accounts loose out on obvious rolls, as my crat was moved from my main acc to an atm inactive account, and the placeholder on other server is still on main account... Level 1 placeholder is taking the name over 220 (atm inactive)toon...
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    I see at 1, maybe 2 faults on my accounts atm. Same as before last merge.

Seems to me like inactive accounts loose out on obvious rolls, as my crat was moved from my main acc to an atm inactive account, and the placeholder on other server is still on main account... Level 1 placeholder is taking the name over 220 (atm inactive)toon...
    Probably because it's inactive ;D
    AO - JukeJoint "Nuhmudiira" Jezebel - 208/18 Trader - Omni

Well, seems I got the same with my trader... level 2 placeholder taking name over 220 on same account...
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Well report it and let fc sort it out if it's some snafu on their part with naming algo etc etc.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Naming algoritems woho. If this is the worst issue we have right now, then pretty nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch