Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Known Issues - New Cities & Global Research

Known Issues - New Cities & Global Research

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Testlive 18.6.0.0-18.6.0.4 Known Issues (copied from known issues thread)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upkeep/price on the new instanced cities are wrong.
    The new city plots will also get an extra polish with the next test-live update.
    New instanced cities don't have proper name in grid exit.
    Renamed characters got issues connecting to the chat server.
    Name algorithm had some checks reversed.
    City voucher needs a better description.
    Broken data prevents some character transfers.
    Could you please respond to the following so we can stop putting in bug reports and/or speculating unnecessarily?

- What are the known issues for the new city prices and upkeep? Is it the base amount and/or the per building amounts? Or Both?
    - What are the correct amounts?
    - Is the amount included in the Org-Leader Voucher correct? Are the buildings included in the voucher correct?

- Is Global Research intended to be reset to zero for when 18.6 goes to the new Live server? I notice it is not in your list of known issues.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    - Is the amount included in the Org-Leader Voucher correct
    The voucher lets you pick either plot size for free. I don't see how that isn't correct as it is?
    Because Race Yalm

I depends ... currently the voucher lets you pick up to 500M, what if the price on a large city is supposed to be 600M? We don't know what it is supposed to be.

Perhaps I should have phrased my question ... Is it correct that the voucher Will be enough to purchase the new large city no matter the eventual price of a new large city?

Kinnik

I depends ... currently the voucher lets you pick up to 500M, what if the price on a large city is supposed to be 600M? We don't know what it is supposed to be.

Perhaps I should have phrased my question ... Is it correct that the voucher Will be enough to purchase the new large city no matter the eventual price of a new large city?

Kinnik
    Yes you do, it says in the patchnotes what they're supposed to be. The ingame data is bugged and doesn't reflect this.

And seeing as there's only two city sizes and the voucher was said to be for each, I think you can safely assume that this is indeed the case. This is not a case of "oh but they will change it all and cheat us so we only get a small city for free if we want one, and we'll have to buy a new voucher in the Item Store" ....
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

don't give them ideas masta.

I re-read the TL update notes just to be sure ...

The only difference I see between them and what I found on TL related to cities and buildings is that the small city plot says it costs 300M in the notes and it is 250M on TL.

I see now that the notes say we can use the org-leader-voucher on the "city of our choice" ...

If the small city plot price was the only known issue, then why does the known issue thread say "upkeep/price on new cities are wrong"? Rather than price on small city plot is wrong?

To me the known issues reference means multiple things are wrong. This is what I would appreciate a FC comment on ... what is not priced properly.

----

However, I see nothing in the update notes about Global Research being set back to zero ... and nothing in the known issues about that being a TL only event. This is another item I would appreciate a FC comment on ...

Kinnik

You made a whole global research thread in which Vhab posted in saying that it was an intentional move...

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Quote Originally Posted by Belph View Post
    You made a whole global research thread in which Vhab posted in saying that it was an intentional move...
    Yes, and then that thread went off course and neither Vhab nor anyone else answered the question of whether it was meant for the Live server as well. All we got was silence from FC and pages of speculation from players.

Kinnik

All we got was silence from FC
    Then it might be possible that FC hasn't decided internally what will happen with the live server. Or whoever chooses what information is/isn't allowed to be shared at this time has put a gag on that information.

Luna "Unluckful" Kerans
    220 || Shade

Meow. Meow. Meow.

They should also include:
    /pet follow and /pet behind are broken
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I noticed that post was edited and now there is this: "Global research remains stuck on 0% progress"

Still not clear if it was intended to start at 0% in first place or not and if it will go live at 0%.

EDIT: I should read other threads before posting -_-
    Last edited by TharBeDragons; Jan 24th, 2013 at 21:19:52.

Quote Originally Posted by TharBeDragons View Post
    I noticed that post was edited and now there is this: "Global research remains stuck on 0% progress"

Still not clear if it was intended to start at 0% in first place or not and if it will go live at 0%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    The decision regarding global research on Live is still pending.
    We've read your concerns and these will be taken into consideration.

Also note, global research is currently broken on TL and doesn't update.
    Based on Vhab's comment in another thread ( http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=113) copied above ... the known issue is that if you allocate research to global the amount from your xp you allocated to global is not updating to the global research.

Also, apparently FC is still deciding and/or rethinking the decision to zero out Global Research when we migrate to the new server ... ie when 18.6 goes to Live server.

Kinnik

Based on Vhab's comment in another thread ( http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=113) copied above ... the known issue is that if you allocate research to global the amount from your xp you allocated to global is not updating to the global research.

Also, apparently FC is still deciding and/or rethinking the decision to zero out Global Research when we migrate to the new server ... ie when 18.6 goes to Live server.

Kinnik
    As much as I can agree it doesn't make much sense to launch a new server with research already completed, I also think it makes even less sense to remove the benefits everyone has already worked towards.

If they really want us to grind more GR, then give us something new to grind for.

As in, make the current benefits permanent and add completely new research lines.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Jan 25th, 2013 at 03:02:05.
    Because Race Yalm

If we have to do all our globle research for the time and effort needed to get it done i think they should just give us the benifits i.e instead of using 1 HUD at a time if i finish my research let the effects of every HuD item just be added to my Skills / Abilitys no need to use HuD again
    220 Sheilded MP And Proud

Quote Originally Posted by zoneik View Post
    If we have to do all our globle research for the time and effort needed to get it done i think they should just give us the benifits i.e instead of using 1 HUD at a time if i finish my research let the effects of every HuD item just be added to my Skills / Abilitys no need to use HuD again
    That was how global research was originally supposed to play out. But enough whining from the low-hp PvPers got that canned.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    That was how global research was originally supposed to play out. But enough whining from the low-hp PvPers got that canned.
    How a about a new research level 4 for the hud item lines culminating in a single hud item encompassing all benefits ?
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    How a about a new research level 4 for the hud item lines culminating in a single hud item encompassing all benefits ?
    How about being probe...errr touched by Marius while you're at it?

Seriously, the last thing this game needs is more of extremely overpowered items such as this would be.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    How about being probe...errr touched by Marius while you're at it?

Seriously, the last thing this game needs is more of extremely overpowered items such as this would be.
    How is this over powered?
    220 Sheilded MP And Proud

How is this over powered?
    because 100 add dmg 60 aao, 50 aad, 100 evades and 75 weaponskills is stupidly strong for 1 item?

!!!! Huds work again on TL!

They must have put something thru with 2nd pass on the names ...

The research lines that support the LE Huds are 100% completed. The research lines that support vehicles are all available for researching at the first/starting level.

Kinnik

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast