Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Server Merge - How to save your backpack names

run what, type that stuff in where?

I try to run that php and it flashes on screen for half a sec then goes
    Varsbot
    Variable004

• Open up a command prompt: Start -> Run -> cmd
    • Change directory to where your merge.php script is located.
    • Run `php merge.php PreFilename PostFilename CharIdFolderLocation`

And do that for every applicable character you need to do it on.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

thank you attempting now
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Ok, so the problem was that the AO folder is in 2 words, thus not working properly. Fixed that by adding quotation marks. Now I get a error message saying that the directories either don't exist or aren't writable. I've checked the folder location and that is correct and I have admin rights on the account. How to proceed?
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Im at the same stage, with the same problem as you
    Varsbot
    Variable004

If you are running Vista/7/8 you might need to run cmd as Administrator.
    To do so open the start menu ande type cmd in the search box. In the result list right-click on the cmd.exe entry and choose "Run as administrator".

Also make sure you add a trailing backslash (windows) or slash (linux/mac) at the end as the path argument, i.e.
    Code:
    php merge.php Misat0Live.csv Misat0Merge.csv "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Funcom\Anarchy Online\6daaf7c4\Anarchy Online\Prefs\account1234\Char1234\"
    Then make sure that this and it's subfolders are writeable. In the example above you would open "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Funcom\Anarchy Online\6daaf7c4\Anarchy Online\Prefs\account1234\" in the explorer, right click on the "Char1234" folder and click "Properties".
    Then at the "Attributes" section uncheck "Read-only" so that the checkbox is completely empty.
    Click "Apply" and choose "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files" and click "OK".
    Last edited by Misat0; Feb 27th, 2013 at 12:26:11.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Still the same error. Funny thing is, when I check properties, there's a light blue square in the the check box. I can remove that and leave the field empty, apply and ok, but if I check the same folder 2 seconds later, it's back. Doing everything as admin.

Do the "Containers" and "DockArea" folders exist, are writeable and contain the files from the same folders of your old char pref folder?

exist in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Funcom\Anarchy Online\6daaf7c4\Anarchy Online\Prefs\account1234\Char1234\"
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness

[ The Foolish Testers ]

yup, as instructed I copied the old prefs into the new prefs folder.

Strange. Mind copying & posting the exact command-line you used and the output? Maybe per PN if you don't want that info to be public.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeasaukko View Post
    My only problem has been that I haven't been able to open AOIA after AO patch & merge. Even tried to reinstall AOIA but it stops working after asking location for AO.. AOIA worked just fine before patch but not anymore. :/ And without AOIA I can't make those after merge files for characters..
    Finally got AOIA working again! Only had to reinstall AO after unistall (+ patching it ofc). Next job: creating new database for AOIA.. and then I'll try to get those backpacks renamed. I hope it works.
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

Strangely I did the AOIA parts with version 1.1.3.0 as I didn't notice it was an old version and this worked.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

I am just manually moving over my prefs character by character. I look in the chat logs or windows xml and read the last few converstations in the window. I can figure out what toon it was and I move it over to the new location and rename the CharID to the new one..
    I am guessing I will have to redo all the AOIA stuff, open all my backpacks, etc with AOIA running.....
    President of Elements of Destruction, Omni (http://www.elementsofdestruction.com/)
    Vhabot NextGeneration Developer (http://vhabot.com)
    AO-Central Developer (coming soon)
    Notable toons:

Big "Kilmanagh" Kahuna (220 AI 30 LE 70 MA)
    Office "Reinke" Space (220 AI 30 Crat)
    Femme "Wrangler" Fatale (220 Trader)
    Doctor "Obgyn" Feelgood (220 AI 30 Doctor)
    The "Ubri" Vladinator (220 MP)
    Ted "Nuge" Nugent (215 Advy)
    Weekend "USAF" Warrior (211 Sol)
    Shelby "Sarasota" Lynn (150 AI 20 Fixer)
    Soul "Megadeath" Reaper (201 Shade)

doing the right click, properties, un selecting the read only box, applying.
    when i go back into properties its selected again.
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    Strangely I did the AOIA parts with version 1.1.3.0 as I didn't notice it was an old version and this worked.
    Maybe I should try it with old version then.. so far two of my character's banks have caused weird bug with bank terminal in AOIA (image) and after that each time I have opened bank on few other characters, AOIA just crashes. I'm able to open AOIA again when bank is already open (without getting another crash) and get information for AOIA database that way but it would be good only for this backpack naming problem.. for future use it wouldn't be nice to make AOIA crash each time I open bank terminal. :/ Luckily nothing wrong with inventory so far.

Edit: Forgot to say that those characters who makes AOIA crash when opening bank, they don't cause that weird bank bug thing (check image). But crashing AOIA isn't actually good either.

Edit 2: Another character who didn't crash AOIA but caused that weird bank bug again. Getting a bit annoying. :/ Well, I'll try to get this database made asap and then I'll check if I can finally get that bp renaming working.
    Last edited by Hopeasaukko; Feb 27th, 2013 at 18:14:44.
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeasaukko View Post
    Maybe I should try it with old version then.. so far two of my character's banks have caused weird bug with bank terminal in AOIA (image) and after that each time I have opened bank on few other characters, AOIA just crashes. I'm able to open AOIA again when bank is already open (without getting another crash) and get information for AOIA database that way but it would be good only for this backpack naming problem.. for future use it wouldn't be nice to make AOIA crash each time I open bank terminal. :/ Luckily nothing wrong with inventory so far.

Edit: Forgot to say that those characters who makes AOIA crash when opening bank, they don't cause that weird bank bug thing (check image). But crashing AOIA isn't actually good either.
    I'm getting that same bank bug and I have version 1.1.3.0

Was hoping I could fix it by upgrading to the latest version, but guess it's something else.
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

I'm having problems with the script, where it tells me OCI.dll and libcs.dll are missing. Apparently I can't just download the files, I need the installations for them. Is there another way around this?

EDIT: Found a tutorial on solving the problem. No more errors.

EDIT 2: No more errors, that is, except the read-only error that others have been having here.

EDIT 3: Command line: php merge.php Wallybertius.csv Wallybertius2.csv "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Funcom\Anarchy Online\9137a8e1\Anarchy Online\Prefs\(accountname)\(charid)\"
    Last edited by MisterBishop; Feb 27th, 2013 at 18:56:12.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Still the same error. Funny thing is, when I check properties, there's a light blue square in the the check box. I can remove that and leave the field empty, apply and ok, but if I check the same folder 2 seconds later, it's back. Doing everything as admin.
    That's what's happening to me too

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Was really frustratng dealing with this issue, but trying these PHP programs and copy pasting lots of prefs around etc was taking so much of my time that it became more feasable to just suck it up and start renaming backpacks.

Varsbot
    Variable004

Same here. Did my main with help from my old items db on another computer. Easier to rename the backpacks when I can look up what's in them like that.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast