Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday's downtime

Monday's downtime

Will Anniversary stuff be added in with Monday's downtime? On timers of course.

Or, will Anniversary stuff have to wait for a patch?

Aoine

My guess is that this would be the anniversary patch and they enable it later on when the time comes.

It is maintenance. If they say its a patch, its a patch. Patch requires them uploading data to the servers and then you downloading when servers come online. Maintenance is maintenance.

Funcom employee

Monday's downtime will be for a patch, not maintenance (no idea why the post says otherwise...that should be adjusted). It'll be adding in NPCs and loottable changes in preparation for the birthday events.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Monday's downtime will be for a patch, not maintenance (no idea why the post says otherwise...that should be adjusted). It'll be adding in NPCs and loottable changes in preparation for the birthday events.
    I understand that it's not your area of responsibility but have you heard any news about the anniversary subscription offers for new and old players etc?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin-Baytos View Post
    I understand that it's not your area of responsibility but have you heard any news about the anniversary subscription offers for new and old players etc?
    Last I heard, we do plan to announce such things closer to the start of the birthday celebrations.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Thanks for the clarification Mich ...

I assume this patch on Monday will not be 18.7 ... with the new player area etc.?

Aoine

Edit: NVM I see the downtime notice is already fixed ...

The Anarchy Online servers will come down for patch 18.6.5 on June 17th at 8.00am EDT /1200 UTC. The downtime is scheduled to last about 2 hours.
    Last edited by Aoine; Jun 17th, 2013 at 01:23:03. Reason: downtime notice already fixed :)

Last I heard, we do plan to announce such things closer to the start of the birthday celebrations.
    OK, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoine View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Mich ...

I assume this patch on Monday will not be 18.7 ... with the new player area etc.?

Aoine

Edit: NVM I see the downtime notice is already fixed ...

The Anarchy Online servers will come down for patch 18.6.5 on June 17th at 8.00am EDT /1200 UTC. The downtime is scheduled to last about 2 hours.

18.7 is the new game experience and the beta of the new engine .... well that was the old plan long time ago.

Unhappy

lol u missed my birthday was on 8th may

So responsive and helpful (No sarcasm).

u da best
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

THanks for the information Michizure

Now to wait for any patch notes that might be released.
    Have been missing PTR Notes for more than a month!

they dont even bother posting patch notes....
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

So when will the nomads come ingame?
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Yes, It would be very helpful to have some advance notice of when the Anniversary activities will start ... and ... how long they will last.

I am hoping someone thought of having the items that we turn into the Tinker drop from Many Many locations and sizes of nomads. Otherwise it will turn into a kill-stealing/camping event for high-lvl toons hunting their 250 items for themselves and alts to trade-in for a Nomad suit.

Aoine

I'm really hoping the "old anniversary items" mentioned in the patch notes includes Nomad armor of varying QLs. The focus on TL7 and QL300 was disappointing last year...
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    I'm really hoping the "old anniversary items" mentioned in the patch notes includes Nomad armor of varying QLs. The focus on TL7 and QL300 was disappointing last year...
    This ^^

Funcom employee

Last year we were unable to cover Rubi-Ka with Nomads of varying QLs due to a technical limitation which no longer exists post-merge. Rubi-Ka will be dotted with nomads of varying levels, similar to years prior.

AO's birthday is on the 27th of June. We plan to kick things off then and keep them going for a couple weeks. Also, this is worth noting and checking out.

Tomorrow's downtime is for actual hardware maintenance, not a patch or anything.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Also, this is worth noting and checking out.
    Qft, it's going to be quite the show
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast