Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 18.6.X Patch rips

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    just join a group and do the FC annual desert rider raid. i was able to get it on 3 of my toons..from lv 136, lv170, lv220. The each did it with different time.

Yesdrop will probably cause people to just pick it up themsleves and not share with others till they have it on all their toons and then start selling it .

got mine free..no loot rights, just teamed and kill...and got the loot. sometimes....there was only 6 or less people doing Desert Raider...so it wasn't even hard to LFT..just show up and join!
    Yes and this means .00001% of the pop can get a pair. The remaining shouldnt not be able to get it just cause they werent available at the time and got very lucky. (notice...i have a pair) If anything should be yesdrop its these.

18.6.2.1 to 18.6.2.2 Test (and reverse for comparison).

patch : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5329566/AO/18.6.2.2.zip
    viewer: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5329566/AO/aodboffline.zip

There was an error parsing from 18.6.2.1 to 18.6.2.2 (but not in reverse), so there is stuff missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    What are the programs I need to make my own patch rips, and where do I get them ?
    You need this to rip: XRDB5 Alpha.
    You need this to parse: XRDB4 (plus this to try and fix the errors when FC changes something in how the DB works).
    You need this to assign readable names to valuables: XMLToaster.
    You need this to view the rips: AODBoffline.
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Apr 19th, 2013 at 21:08:07.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Thanks CriticalDmg
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

I think some things should remain nodrop, but that the loot-system itself could be better.

just join a group and do the FC annual desert rider raid. i was able to get it on 3 of my toons..from lv 136, lv170, lv220. The each did it with different time.
    Didn't even have to do desert-raid to get it. It dropped from mobs.

Since I had hi-specs I only picked up sleeves and those shoulder-things that looks like pads.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by adeptall View Post
    Yes and this means .00001% of the pop can get a pair.
    I think you're severely overestimating the population numbers.

Sorry forgot my /sarcasm tags

But really the amount of people that can get them is still very small. When i got mine there were 100 or maybe even 200 people there (got kicked away cause of numbers). Think that was just last year.

6 drop per kill iirc with hundreds of people, just the ones that are attending and he couldnt have been spawned more then maybe 10 times? Small numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Belph View Post
    Yesdrop nomad?
    Huge frigging bump for this!

It's not endgame loot and these are actually quite important items the same way chapmans are.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

YAAAA, Bump for Yesdrop Nomad Stuff

bump for nomads being yesdrop, bump for eoe's being yesdrop (not sure if this was already added), and viral targeting units.

also for same reason's that this buffing stuff should be yesdrop, org contracts should be an org global research grind, or a side global grind.

Since when did Nomad armor become so important?

We seemed to do fine twinking our toons, before that armor got patched in.

Yesdrop Nomad sounds like a really bad idea to me, unless FC changes how you acquire it.

Because 40 agi/sense that noone but a select few get access to isnt a huge deal? Some symbs arent possible without it, such as intel brain on trox (at least for fix, im sure the same for others).

As I said. We seemed to do fine before Nomad. Took some more work granted, but we got along.

I am guessing you want Lya becomes NoDrop as well?

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    As I said. We seemed to do fine before Nomad. Took some more work granted, but we got along.

I am guessing you want Lya becomes NoDrop as well?
    We did fine. Now SOME are doing finer then others.

I would very much prefer it to be farmable when needed on a toon then buyable, but the worst possible solution is to keep it as an exclusive reward for "some".

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    We did fine. Now SOME are doing finer then others.

I would very much prefer it to be farmable when needed on a toon then buyable, but the worst possible solution is to keep it as an exclusive reward for "some".
    if "Yesdrop"..might as well sell mine for 300mil a piece ^_=

i suggest making the boss twice as hard as DB3 or Collector.

too easy to get into a team at even lv60-lv160ish toon and get the ql300 loot too...guess i'm one of the "finer" status ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

if "Yesdrop"..might as well sell mine for 300mil a piece ^_=

i suggest making the boss twice as hard as DB3 or Collector.

too easy to get into a team at even lv60-lv160ish toon and get the ql300 loot too...guess i'm one of the "finer" status ^_=
    Not everybody wants to sell the Nomad armor. I, for one, would like to be able to use that one of my other characters.

As I and others said in a different thread, the nice thing in AO is the twinking ability not the crappy droprate that limits twinking ability.

Nobody forces you to sell the Nomad pads for 300m/a piece. But, just for the sake of preventing others from selling it, there is no need to limit others that want to use it on alts or give it to a friend for use.

Look at the Chapmans adding treatment. They drop from GUPHs, a powerful twinking item, that is still yesdrop and can be sold. THE HORROR!
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

I GUEss i'm just extrememly "Lucky"...i thought it was going ot be hard eto get "ql300" nomand.

end up wiht my main 220 getting one...my lv170 getting one..my lv160 getting one and my lv136 getting one.

and they all did the raid by themself with random pick up teams. that's 4 total nomad armor. all did within a week. i was thinking...this must be a joke when a lv 60 toon even got the loot rights in my pick up team to loot a nomad armor set if he/she wanted too. when i first tired join...sure there were a few lv220 teams that didnt let me or any other lowbie join or loot and even took the DR away so no one can loot the spawns....but i kept at it..and eventual log back later and found some team that let me join.....Luck on my side and yap..like the Loots...that are yesdrop...one can sell it at ridiculous prices..as long as the market buys it..point is..i had to use everyone of my toons for the loot and all of them where lv220 to get a team and to get loot rights..just being in the team and winning the rolll....Blessed are my toons.

perhaps others gave up too soon in finding a team???

Why do people post stuff like this and not admit the obviousness?

Fine, grats, you got it on 4 toons. 1. what about the rest of your toons? I for one got lot more then 4 toons id like to use my set to tweak with. 2. Many, many others didnt get nearly so lucky to even get one. 3. Its like a once a year thing.

That really shouldnt have needed to be said. And all 3 reasons are hands down strong reasons, even one alone, for having it yesdrop.

Cause i'm half way to my 8 toon limit or 1/3 way when i get 12 slots...if yesdrop...i'm sure people will go almost infinite till they get all their toons..alts..froobs..friends..and sell it. most people wont even do the DR raid....rather just buy it..why bother competing with all those lv220 toon camping it and selling it.

and you know twink items sells the most and are camped the most.

i just wish the lower ql nonmads would drop.

You mean like everything else in this game is camped? You could say the same for anything else. So selling is not even a concern.

And so what if people sold it anyway? Its just a twink item, having access to it would be good for everyone. Not just the select few. People really need to get over this fake reasoning for obsessing over selling stuff being bad. It is what it is and will always be, get over it.

And anyway like the other guy said not everyone is looking to sell it. I just want to use it for my other toons.

18.6.2.2 to 18.6.2.3 TestLive patch (and reverse for comparison).

patch : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5329566/AO/18.6.2.3.zip
    viewer: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5329566/AO/aodboffline.zip

zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast