Thread: A good dual playing combo with Trader?

Question A good dual playing combo with Trader?

Hi there!

I am now on the brink of reviving my Trader back to life. When I do this I will have in mind that I will do some dual playing on 2 full paid accounts. What I now am wondering about is what other class that could go well, or even "best" with a Trader?

Someone gave me a tip about using an MP on the other account or a Keeper.

Any tips here would be most appreciated.

In advance, thanks.

MA works rather nice with a Trader.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    MA works rather nice with a Trader.
    How does this work? I mean; both need be very active and I need to alt-tab alot to get any good effect out of this? I have not much experience with MA's unfortunately.

MA dmg goes right up thanks to wrangle as it taps right into the fists. And does impressive dmg even on auto-attack and has a decent tanking potential. Trader could be used for nano regain, auto attack, a bit of debuffing and cc. And ofc the odd heal when needed. Actually, you can choose which toon you want to play actively. Both ways would work, while a decent setup MA will be tanking most of the times, even if just on auto attack.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Thanks for explanation

Is MA by far much better than for example the MP? How is the synergy Keeper with Trader?
    I have been away for a long time and I really need updating my knowledge.

crat + doc is by far the best;
    crat: init debuffs boss+adds, tank with high def and cc, doc: obviously primarily healing, additionally init debuff procs.
    it might get a bit hectic if you have many adds, so you have to be fast with alt+tab.

also crat + keeper is viable with the absorb norm hit aura. tho if the target hits too fast its more nay than yay.

If I had to chose between MP and Keeper from a fully PVM perspective I would say keeper. Basically the Keeper would solo everything and your trader can tag along as buff monkey. You can also go with the copy of the excalibur, since trader AC drains makes that weapon prolly the best DD 2he. Drains, YEEIYF and the ability to mezz adds also makes the keeper pretty much unkillable.
    With keeper you have a guaranteed spot in 12man teams.

If there are other professions available, I would definitely go for a crat. You can do everything on crat, and let your trader afk in borealis.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

I did a few Alien Missions today with my 111 Trader on the tail of my 149 MP. Unfortunately I found thos combo very weak and unctrollable. The lack of any real good CC and/or healing made this combo a mess quite fast. I will now instead rush my Trader to 149 so it can team up with my 205 Doc. The Doc + Trader combo probably suits me alot better as my Doc have UBT + CH. I feeel this gives me way more "panic" buttons than telling my Heal Pet to heal then wait for it to start it's rather weak heals.

The missions were even pulled by my 111 Trader, so most of the mobs were grey for my MP and still this was way too hard and uncomfortable. My 205 doc, which is not much to brag about, does them Alien Missions quite fine alone, so I dont think there will be much trouble if them missions are pulled out by a level 149 Trader instead. Hopefully it will be a breeze. I must say that I was a bit dissapointed that I did'nt do any better with the Trader + MP, even though it's been ages since I used to play the MP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro View Post
    I did a few Alien Missions today with my 111 Trader on the tail of my 149 MP. Unfortunately I found thos combo very weak and unctrollable. The lack of any real good CC and/or healing made this combo a mess quite fast. I will now instead rush my Trader to 149 so it can team up with my 205 Doc. The Doc + Trader combo probably suits me alot better as my Doc have UBT + CH. I feeel this gives me way more "panic" buttons than telling my Heal Pet to heal then wait for it to start it's rather weak heals.

The missions were even pulled by my 111 Trader, so most of the mobs were grey for my MP and still this was way too hard and uncomfortable. My 205 doc, which is not much to brag about, does them Alien Missions quite fine alone, so I dont think there will be much trouble if them missions are pulled out by a level 149 Trader instead. Hopefully it will be a breeze. I must say that I was a bit dissapointed that I did'nt do any better with the Trader + MP, even though it's been ages since I used to play the MP.
    A pet profession is generally a bad idea for dual logs, since pets don't really hold the aggro anyway.

On topic.
    Tra+Keep
    Tra+MA
    Tra+Advy
    Tra+Enf

Would be my choices. Generally anything that can tank decently.
    Last edited by Shareida; Dec 9th, 2012 at 14:07:34.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    A pet profession is generally a bad idea for dual logs, since pets don't really hold the aggro anyway.

On topic.
    Tra+Keep
    Tra+MA
    Tra+Advy
    Tra+Enf

Would be my choices. Generally anything that can tank decently.

So no Shade in this? I had a suggestion to go with for Shade when I dual log.
    It's been many years since I used to be active in AO, and everything of knowledge I used to have is nearly "gone". But from my pont of view I would think that the Enforcer would be an excellent pair with my Trader due to the mighty panic button; the AoE Taunt.

I am not sure about the shade's tanking abilities before L 140 tbh.

Generally a bit squishy, and traders can't heal big chunks of HP quickly.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    I am not sure about the shade's tanking abilities before L 140 tbh.

Generally a bit squishy, and traders can't heal big chunks of HP quickly.
    I see. Well, I think Enfo will be the class IF I decide to level my Trader with something else than with my Doc. But then again I have so little interest in the Enfo that I really struggle to see the point. Argh... all the choices!

pre tl5 shades aren't very good tanks tbh. But at tl7 you can tank basically anything in the game on a good geared shade.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Malraux View Post
    But at tl7 you can tank basically anything in the game on a so-so geared shade.
    Fix'd
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

so so gear can fail at stuff like Xan in 12man :-s (especially when the doc is a junky...I mean fellow with slow reflexes)
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro View Post
    So no Shade in this? I had a suggestion to go with for Shade when I dual log.
    It's been many years since I used to be active in AO, and everything of knowledge I used to have is nearly "gone". But from my pont of view I would think that the Enforcer would be an excellent pair with my Trader due to the mighty panic button; the AoE Taunt.
    Shade would be a terrible class to dual log trader with. You have to be very active on a shade to get the most from the class. Keeper is a very excellent dual logging class. It's basically buff up, Q /afk.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Keeper is a very excellent dual logging class. It's basically buff up, Q /afk.
    qft
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

keeper, MA, soldier are imo the best classes to keep on follow and just alt+tab from time to time for specials
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Engi/Trader would work well; AoE blind, damage, ect.