Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – Dec 3rd 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Budabot offers server online status. There are an average 500-600 people playing on rk1 and 400-500 on rk2 so dont expect any miracles.
    Atlantean Server Status (364)
    Rimor Server Status (409)

21:45 PM US eastern.

For real time info (on either server), /tell Budanet !server

To shows the status of the current server:
    !server

To show the status of a specific server:
    !server 'server id'

To show the average server population for the past 30 days:
    !servertrend

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostforce View Post
    Isnt that users that run budabot exclusevly? what about bebot users
    Budabot is developed open source and Bebot is more than welcome to look at our codebase and implement a similar function. However:

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Bebot is still being developed?
    Their last commit was 8 months ago. Budabot's was today.

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    This is toons online - not players. How many are multi-logged players? It also counts all the logged in bot toons, shop toons, mule toons, bank toons.......

Even more depressing.
    No, it's players logged into the game server. This includes players that multilog, buff toons, afk players, probably credit sellers, but not bots or people logged into AORC.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    It's also probably not tracking all characters. The data could be used to figure out trends, if the sample is large enough and random enough, but it can't be used as absolute numbers.
    We extrapolate based on FC-provided data; probably not 100% accurate, but I'd dare to wager on 98%.

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    Pfft... as far as I know, bots are as accurate as Auno. If you're not already present in its DB, you don't exist.

So if Budabot is not being synchronized with other DB's, it will only report whatever it has in its DB as being logged on.

Most likely a bit more complicated than the above.
    We do not use Auno but server data provided by Funcom.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamehaze View Post
    Budabot uses the same data as !server, It's very accurate for the normal zones, Add a few pvm noobs inside an instance and you have the number of players online.
    This, pretty much.
    Last edited by Arguru; Jan 11th, 2013 at 04:00:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Arguru View Post
    Atlantean Server Status (364)
    Rimor Server Status (409)

No, it's players logged into the game server. This includes players that multilog, buff toons, afk players, probably credit sellers, but not bots or people logged into AORC.
    Thats what I said - its toons, not people (players). So, my 4 toons each count but its just one player and that is what its depressing. If there are 500 toons online, its probably 250-300 players (at most) - which is sad for an MMO. Which was my point.

I can run my 4 toons to PW and create a % warning message in the bots.......
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

How much do you guys think FC will charge for the new engine from the players? I doubt they will relase it for free for a playerbase that is under 1000 now and still dwindling since its a masterpiece they have been working on for years and they want to capitalize on the work. The Engine could have been relased for free a couple of years ago when population was much higher, but not today. But, hey, thats the cost we players must take if we want it right? So how much are YOU willing to pay to get it? 30 euros one-time fee sounds about right?

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    How much do you guys think FC will charge for the new engine from the players? I doubt they will relase it for free for a playerbase that is under 1000 now and still dwindling since its a masterpiece they have been working on for years and they want to capitalize on the work. The Engine could have been relased for free a couple of years ago when population was much higher, but not today. But, hey, thats the cost we players must take if we want it right? So how much are YOU willing to pay to get it? 30 euros one-time fee sounds about right?
    If they charged $1, they would lose A LOT of subscribers, and a boycott probably would start, it would be the end of AO as an income for FC.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    I doubt they will relase it for free
    Most people doubt they will release it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arguru View Post
    Most people doubt they will release it at all.
    This.

Just 3 days left!
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

But he said second week of January. It is still the second week of January (technically it will be until Saturday the 12th but who works on Saturdays amirite?). But then again maybe people have a different interpretation of what the second week means. Is it literally the second week in the calendar month? Or is it 14 days in to the month? Or will it be the second Monday from when he normally posts (because he posts on the first Monday of every month)?

Hopefully the science channel can answer these mysteries for us. Maybe some Mayan lore should be thrown in there to sound really legit and ancient and that they predicted this would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    But he said second week of January. It is still the second week of January (technically it will be until Saturday the 12th but who works on Saturdays amirite?). But then again maybe people have a different interpretation of what the second week means. Is it literally the second week in the calendar month? Or is it 14 days in to the month? Or will it be the second Monday from when he normally posts (because he posts on the first Monday of every month)?

Hopefully the science channel can answer these mysteries for us. Maybe some Mayan lore should be thrown in there to sound really legit and ancient and that they predicted this would happen.
    true.. if week is simply span of seven days, first possible week this year started last year 26.12 - 1.1.
    so second week was 27.12-2.1. and second whole week was 2.1-8.1.

come on, do you really think it could be something else than calendar week? :P
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    true.. if week is simply span of seven days, first possible week this year started last year 26.12 - 1.1.
    so second week was 27.12-2.1. and second whole week was 2.1-8.1.

come on, do you really think it could be something else than calendar week? :P
    I'm not sure which year you live in, but with monday as the first day of week:
    Week 1 of 2013 started 31. December 2012, ended 6. January 2013.
    Week 2 of 2013 started 7. January 2013 and will end 13. January 2013.
    If you for some reason start your weeks on a Sunday, then the dates are 30. December to 5. January and 6. January to 12. January, respectively.

If you're going to nitpick, do it right.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    On a side note: I am alone in org with cioty, I do spawns there, paying upkeep, my president is frozen since 3 years nearly and 2 other players, which are in org are frozen aswell. This means, that dead org will lose its city?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Monthly Development Update – Dec 3rd 2012 Obligatory reiteration:

Due to the Server Migration, if you are in an organization that has a president that is a deleted character, or a character on an inactive account, please contact Customer Service to get this resolved before the end of the month. And make sure there is an actual leader so we have someone to give a voucher! Related to this, organizations should chose a different government form than Anarchy (which has no leader)
    You woke up too late

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    If you're going to nitpick, do it right.
    yup, thats why i stated the special conditions, week being just 7 consecutive days and overlapping each others.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    yup, thats why i stated the special conditions, week being just 7 consecutive days and overlapping each others.
    Right! I must have misread something. because reading your post now, I see we're saying the same thing. ><
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

11 days of being sick
    hint get a flu shot its a nasty flu this year
    and yay a big wall of text to read later today

Another deadline fail(Mean MDU from january) , really?
    Last edited by equilibrium; Jan 11th, 2013 at 15:28:20.
    Cleric "Jpreston" Firstclass - Bureaucrat Squad Commander of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by equilibrium View Post
    Another deadline fail , really?
    How is this a deadline fail ? The week isn't over. If you look at the earlier releases you'll see approximately when in the day you can expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by oegaboega View Post
    hint, get a flu shot
    thanks, but i dont need flu all that much.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by equilibrium View Post
    Another deadline fail(Mean MDU from january) , really?
    How can one playing a Bureaucrat fail that much in reading?
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

There's multiple days to go.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    How can one playing a Bureaucrat fail that much in reading?
    I r Too much Bureaucrat!

I'm reading things like a Manager(lolz) , if i see 2nd week of january wrote on stuff i can wait for it to come out out on Monday till Friday.

Today for me at least is the end of a "Working Week" this is why im saying its a deadline fail =)
    Cleric "Jpreston" Firstclass - Bureaucrat Squad Commander of Paradise

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast