Thread: [ALL] IRRK: Omni's code upgrade: More benefits for them or a burden for us?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[ALL] IRRK: Omni's code upgrade: More benefits for them or a burden for us?

Omni's code upgrade: More benefits for them or a burden for us?
    November 29, 29486 - [Global]

Since the installation of Omni-Tek's code upgrade to the grid system business has seemed normal in Borealis and Newland City with very few people complaining about the changes during off peak hours.

However when trouble is on the rise and reinforcements are needed somewhere, the grid comes under tremendous stress as multiple Rubi-Kan occupants attempt to access it from both the worldly gridpoints and from select nanoprograms. While there has been no reports of slowed access for neutral citizens there is a general feeling of dissapointment with Omni-Tek for installing this update and not gracing neutral territories with the same benefits. Adding the update could serve as a good will act in light of the continued Borealis occupation.

Has Omni-Tek's update slowed the grid for neutral and clan citizens? Hard to say when everyone is suffering the same. We contacted Omni-Com in an attempt to understand some comparibles between Neutral and Omni-Tek however they were unwilling to comment.

Is it fair that the people of Omni-Tek are receiving preferential treatment when it comes to the speed at which they can access the grid?

Is it fair that this benefit comes at the sacrifice of those outside of Omni-Tek being downgraded to a lower priority queue?

The Newland City Council advises all neutral citizens to log access times for the grid and report any problems to us here at IRRK. Subsequently, as amatter of silent protest, it was proposed that all neutral citizens avoid using Omni-Tek maintained gridpoints and use only neutral or clan affiliated ones when possible.

Mayor Toog was rather brusque when asked for information regarding any talks with Omni-Tek about possible upgrades to the Grid Access near Newland City: "Omni-Tek in general and specifically Omni-Com were contacted by the council a long while ago regarding a move of the Grid Access inside the city walls. We have not heard anything from Omni-Tek since our requests were sent to them. Furthermore they have not contacted us about any new code updates. With no validated data and information available for the general public we cannot say if this is a publicity stunt with no substance at all or a genuine improvement. Still, we are willing to talk to Omni-Com and will be grateful if that update does what they say for all people on Rubi-Ka and not only for a select group."

In the mean time, in the hope of solving this unfair benefit, the Newland City Council have sent a general advisory to the ICC. This is firstly in the hope that they will either request discontinuation of the code update, or enforce Omni-Com to spread the upgrade to all grid points.

Quote Originally Posted by Area Woman
    Oh, it was awful, just awful!
    Said an Area Woman this evening who was trying to finish her weekend shopping on Rubi-Ka.

Here I was, I just bought the cutest little dress at the Miiir in Omni-Trade, you know, the shopping district. So I thought, why not hop on over and see if there are any good sales in Newland.
    This is when the evening took a turn for the worse.

So, I entered the Grid, and you know, it's the grid, not a whole lot going on. Little pyramids all upside down and stuff. But then...
    Reports show that as the woman neared the Newland City grid exit things didn't appear as they should.

I noticed things didn't look right. over by the Newland and Tir Exits. I had read that Omni-Com was doing work and junk so I didn't think much of it. But then I got close, and oh my God, I couldn't even find the exit to Newland City, it was completely blocked.
    Not knowing what to do, the woman decided to head to Borealis.

Borealis was even worse! Giant adverts for this thing called 'The Atrox Attraction'. They were all bulgy. Oh, it was awful! Just Awful!
    This has been a first hand account of the State of the Grid.
    Last edited by Trousers; Jan 6th, 2013 at 23:55:49.