Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Professionals Program

Professionals Program

This thread is designated for any who wish to become a MA professional.

From my understanding, it looks like there is room for two MA professionals.

Ange 220/70/30 (RK2)........................Forum name: Soliartist
    Noobastank 220/70/30 (RK2).............Forum name: Mcknucklesamwich

Only these two MA's, so far have announced that they will offer their services to represent the MA population in AO.

If there are any other nominees, you may say in this thread who you would like to nominate, (they must agree), and I will add thier name to the above list.

As far as I know, we are able to vote multiple times, and an electees are not mutually exclusive.

Please show some support for the nominees, and please also post any others whom you would like to nominate.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Nov 4th, 2009 at 01:03:12. Reason: ID is important

Who are you exactly? I know one of the 220 MAs from Athens but thats it.

Gatester: I changed my Forum name to McKnucklesamwich, from Noobastank.

I still need convinced.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    I still need convinced.
    I offer to take on this responsibility.

I'm not going to convince anyone, in fact I would eagerly vote for anyone whom I deemed to be knowledgable.

However, no-one has yet stepped forward to take on this responsibility.

I have offered because I am active in the forums, I have a solid understanding of the prof, and MA's need someone to represent them.

If there is a current active MA Professional, I would gladly support them, should they reassert themselves.

I'm one of the other MA's from Athen Paladins, Mrfreeman. I'm more PvM oriented while still attend PvP functions when able. I hope you weren't refering to me ;P

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I offer to take on this responsibility.
    Well, I guess I can see how you want to take it on. Just not sure why. Did it just all of a sudden hit you or do you think that MA's aren't being spoken for?

I'm not going to convince anyone, in fact I would eagerly vote for anyone whom I deemed to be knowledgable.

However, no-one has yet stepped forward to take on this responsibility.
    I didn't want to see if you were "convinced" but, more to see that you were serious about this. I am glad you said that you weren't going to convince people, as I wouldn't too. If I believed I were the best, I'd step forward and say I'm damn good. If anyone else thinks they could do it, then have them step up too.

P.s. I'd only vote for Angevil or Divine (outside you)...and I think Divine quit.

I have offered because I am active in the forums, I have a solid understanding of the prof, and MA's need someone to represent them.
    Check check and check. Seems you'll have my vote. I mean, unless one of those other two guys are applying.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

I'd vote for ange or Divine too. But ange is more of a responder, and makes great posts, but he isn't super proactive in voicing what needs we have.

Currently I've been more active with my keeper, since I feel that they are in far worse shape right now, and I've also observed the Devs saying that MA's will be the biggest beneficiaries of the riposte/parry fix.

I'm not going to get uber demanding about anything until we see how those changes affect us. They might do a whole lot of good. Like, if I can build a setup that can beat a ranged advy half the time, I won't complain

I'd vote for ange or Divine too. But ange is more of a responder, and makes great posts, but he isn't super proactive in voicing what needs we have.

Currently I've been more active with my keeper, since I feel that they are in far worse shape right now, and I've also observed the Devs saying that MA's will be the biggest beneficiaries of the riposte/parry fix.

I'm not going to get uber demanding about anything until we see how those changes affect us. They might do a whole lot of good. Like, if I can build a setup that can beat a ranged advy half the time, I won't complain
    Keeper's look fine to me. I've seen people complain about every profession needing a boost outside adventurers. Not many of these ask for change come from extremely skilled players. That really makes me wonder... is almost EVERY profession weak or is there truly balance (outside AS)?
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    Keeper's look fine to me. I've seen people complain about every profession needing a boost outside adventurers. Not many of these ask for change come from extremely skilled players. That really makes me wonder... is almost EVERY profession weak or is there truly balance (outside AS)?
    Keepers look fine to you if you are fighting them, since they are supposed to be a hand to hand combat prof, specializing in melee offence and defence. Of course they will also always look fine to you since you will kill them before they kill you. In other words, keepers are nerfed.

Also, yes, every prof is "QQ nerf advies" or "QQ we need a boost" because ranged advies have thrown the entire idea of balance into orbit. They are so wtf strong right now that there is no prof who stands a chance against them, hence why all profs are crying.

Well, its good that somebody steps up. We dont have many left here anyhow, and if the professional program is really brought up to life, we should have active representers there. I would also vote on Ange/Divine, but dont know how suitable they would be because of the reasons mentioned here. The rebalancing act is being done as we speak, so hopefully the professional-program really shines up and we get few good candidates to handle our stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Yeah Im glad someone will step up, i dont see many ma's too much anymore, (until the perk changes announced).

I am still wondering, who that clan(former prof) was that totally wiped my crat in like 10 secs, last time i seen him was on tl5 bs about 6 months ago?

but yes, this needs to be done game wide for funcom to really take notice in the professionals program again, get it up and running again
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Quote Originally Posted by styles999 View Post
    I am still wondering, who that clan(former prof) was that totally wiped my crat in like 10 secs, last time i seen him was on tl5 bs about 6 months ago?
    Infinitynova?
    Sleincour 220/30/70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Patientis 220/28 Solitus Doctor
    Ingha 220/30 Solitus Bureaucrat
    Zizzla 150/20 Opifex Martial Artist
    Grobian 142/12 Atrox Enforcer
    Svengoran 127/15 Atrox Soldier
    Illxlll 102/10 Nanomage Nanotechnician
    Psicharpax 100/6 Nanomage Metaphysicist
    Sleina 100/7 Opifex Fixer

Veteran of the Scandinavian RK1 clan guild ..:Nordic Alliance:..

Nova ftw, and mate you cant avoid this forever its time to take back your throne as MA professional and make us OP k? k
    Immortal "Shookone" Technique - 220.23.66 [1][2] - [E] - [After "Balancing"]

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    To Download select a video and right click, "save link as" and start DL, the US/EU Servers are to DL from depending on where you live for quicker speed.
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Oh, it's Noobastank. I remember seeing you around Even when you were smaller lvl. Well, you've given couple nice ideas and at least you seem to be active @ forums (unlike me ) Good luck getting the title. But like mentioned earlier, it would be nice indeed to see more names in the "Professionals" list.

Can't vote for you anymore...you don't mind acrobat being nerfed to the ground to balance adv's...which clearly would leave us crippled.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

If we want to talk qualifications

Yeah I editted it. Neccoz took it how I wanted it taken and posted what needed to be posted. Thanks.

As for McKnuckleSamwich I am sorry but I will not be voting for you. I would actually prefer Ange or Divine to be our reps.

All I ask of any of our reps is that they remember that most of the game is about PVM and that there are many MA's out there that are not into PVP as the solo reason for playing. Oh and that they help FC see that there is more to the game just 220.
    Last edited by Lheann; Nov 2nd, 2009 at 22:04:31.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

I don't like self-promotion, so neither of you are going to get my vote, especially the one boasting about working with devs... Wth does it have to do with an MA professional, considering it's not what FC want. They want somebody to voice the overall MA community's point of view.

"Do you know someone who you think exemplifies their profession in Anarchy Online? Someone who knows their profession backwards, forwards, and inbetween? Someone who can clearly and reliably talk about their chosen profession, introduce new players to the ins-and-outs of life on Rubi-Ka, and offer valuable feedback to the developers? Well, here's your chance to get them into the spotlight!"

I think it's clear, people are to nominate you, you're not to nominate yourself and trying to prove how good you are. If you really stand out for your profession, your name will come up. And we all know that apart from Critical, nobody's really going to get as much vote as Ange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Thank you Neccoz. You went right where I wanted you to go with your response. Self promotion is not going to get my vote. Ange has proven he can speak well for the MA community and as will get my vote. The point I was making with the post was that hey we can self promote all we want and embelish ourselves till the sun comes up and it will not make us good at the job.

I will say that working with the dev and not blasting them for their decisions should be a requirement and one I suspect will unoffically get looked at. FC is not going to interface with anyone that blast their choices all the time.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Neccoz View Post
    I don't like self-promotion
    That's your opinion. I think anyone can promote themselves, in any way they chose. Does it mean we care? Does it mean anything useful? Does it achieve anything? All irrelevant! We all have different views on what is or isn't right to promote. Your opinion is nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Neccoz View Post
    And we all know that apart from Critical, nobody's really going to get as much vote as Ange.
    Ange, you know the profession so well. I don't get why you aren't applying man...you could talk all day about MAs...yet still no push for professional? Wassup with that?
    Last edited by tharss; Nov 2nd, 2009 at 22:13:30.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast