18 21.95%
  • Lackofgravy

15 18.29%
  • Notcrattey

29 35.37%

Thread: Professional Voting Results

Professional Voting Results

Hello Shades,

As you may be aware Professional Revotes is the topic of the moment and I have been accepting candidates for the last few weeks.

I am now in a position to tell you that Graftmage, Lackofgravy, Bainzy and Notcrattey have had their candidacies accepted, and will now be put forward to a public vote. This vote will run for 2 weeks from today, closing at 2359 GMT on the 7th December. The two candidates with the most votes will then be declared your new Professionals.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the programme.

With Regards
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Graftmage placeholder
    Guardian Venachar

Lackofgravy placeholder
    Guardian Venachar

Bainzy statement

Quote Originally Posted by Bainzy
    Why do I wish to be one of your Professionals? Well, here goes it:

I want to be one of your two Shade Professionals because I want to represent you, I want to get the best out of the profession and I want balance over all professions - as well as some cool new toys for you all!

I want to fix the issue that is MR vs CiB. (At LEAST in the balance of the cooldowns sense.)

I want to fix our lack of sneakiness. (Every man and his dog with iStare can see us.)

I want to fix our downright unfair way of making Alphas! (1 Beta+1 250+ Spirit = 300 Alpha perhaps.)

I want to fix the lack of speed during sneak! (Running in sneak!)

I want to give us some format of viable root resist! (Changing the check or perhaps something to enable resist more often, unlike MoTR with its cooldown.)

I want to see the creation of better gear for the 2H Piercing Shade. (Variety!)

I want to push for Sneak Attack to have a shorter cooldown - at least the same as Aimed Shot. (Aimed Shot is ranged, this is therefore only fair!)

These are just a few rough ideas which I personally would like to see fixes for, I know you guys out there who play the profession - and those of you who don't but want to throw in your two pence anyway - have your own great ideas and your own pet hates and things you want to have fixed so if I were to be elected your representative I would ensure that all of you were heard, that all of you felt like your opinions mattered, that all of your contributions - big and small - were recognised by everyone!

Now for those of you who don't know me, I'm one who wants balance, I don't want a "master race" in AO - I want everything to be viable! This therefore extends beyond just the shade profession, I don't want to just change some of the things about our profession, I want to push for the editing of other professions too! To fix that pistol with a hatred for evades for example.

I would push to see in my term as Shade Professional - if I were to be elected - a lot of the changes proposed in the earlier (2 years ago) nano document implemented; the streamlining of the buff lines, the ability to always have two proc lines running (not just ND+[Insert Proc Name Here]) and finally that ever so great sounding vampiric proc! To name but a few things from those proposed changes.

I love a lot of the ideas you guys come up with as the Shade community, from Notcrattey's iSoFC, Graftmage's ability to run in sneak - an idea loved by all shades ever - to Malraux's transparency concepts! I want to get these things in game on the behalf of you all!
    So, even if you don't know me, don't like some of the things outlined in this or would rather vote for Notcrattey (That Dagger guy is sexy!). Please do at throw a thought or two my way because I want to work for you and with you for the good of the Profession!
    Thanks for your consideration and I hope I can (if you do elect me) live up to your expectations!

Bainzy
    Last edited by Venachar; Nov 28th, 2012 at 18:03:13.
    Guardian Venachar

Notcrattey statement

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey
    Hello everyone!
    It's that time again to vote for who will represent the community's concerns regarding our favorite profession! I know the last few years have been pretty slow in terms of progress, but we're hoping that this will pick up in the near future.

Unfortunately a lot of proposed changes made by us are on the back burner while they take care of current content updates, but it will change soon and we'll hopefully see changes we've been wanting to see for a while; especially in the lower level range.

I hope you guys have considered me active enough in the community to continue to be your professional. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Venachar; Nov 25th, 2012 at 23:12:50.
    Guardian Venachar

Wait, are we voting for 1 new professional or two new professionals? Because the poll only lets you choose one.

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post

The two candidates with the most votes will then be declared your new Professionals.

With Regards
    Ok?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Ok?
    Yeah, it just confused me is all.

I want to give us some format of viable root resist! (Changing the check or perhaps something to enable resist more often, unlike MoTR with its cooldown.)
    I bet you do. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bainzy View Post
    to Malraux's transparency concepts!
    err.. ok :/
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

shade becoming slowly semi transparent if hes not moving.
    I sincerely apologise for being incorrect Otansaanpas! If I could edit the post, I would!

[Damnit, I feel terrible now for accrediting the wrong person > ]
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

It's not a new idea by any means and has been thrown around for -years-; I don't think you could credit the person who originally came up with it even if you wanted to.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I wish poko was here :[ i'd vote for him
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Quote Originally Posted by Lackofgravy View Post
    I wish poko was here :[ i'd vote for him
    i think i finally got whats the idea behind of these poko-jokes..

its not the person, but the admiration, like in the classic Panomies-sketch.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Its more then that! He alone made rk 1's shade population grow by 5%!

P.S. I have no proof but theres a lot of panda's now
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

i talked about transparency too so it's not THAT a big mistake :P
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Congratulations Notcrattey and Graftmage! You will continue!
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing