Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just returned from a 2 year break and what do I see?

Just returned from a 2 year break and what do I see?

I log my NT and see 10% less nano damage than it had before. Which is a pretty big loss if you ask me, as I worked hard for every single point of it. Yes I know that add damage mods now affect nukes but since NT nukes are slow and high damage attacks, the extra dmg I got instead of my awesome nano dmg mods is a drop in the ocean. As of now I lost 10% nano dmg and gained 130 add dmg. Which isn't really a fair tradeoff, since 130 points is not even 2% of my average nuke. /me sad

They could at least add some dmg mods to extermination unit symbs, seriously.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

meh. any nerf to this stupidly op prof is a good thing in my books. they just need to make LE nukes self-only and i'll be happy.

Ok one thing didn't change I see, people still whining about LE nukes >.<
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WTB a Solder or NT lock on that. I thought it was the anti-TMS nano which suddenly became a 3 second kill, if that, every time.

The extra hits on C-deck nukes from having AI-Dots running gets the +damage separately. That adds 5x the damage add extra, for a total of 6x +dam.

780 points (6*130) is about 16% of the minimum ( unmodified) damage of IU that is not that crappy is it?

If you add in the fact that you now get +dam on perks as well you should be marginally better off even if you look at the loss of damage on Det. Matrix.
    Last edited by Dogtrauma; Aug 14th, 2012 at 01:33:08.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    The extra hits on C-deck nukes from having AI-Dots running gets the +damage separately. That adds 5x the damage add extra, for a total of 6x +dam.

780 points (6*130) is about 16% of the minimum ( unmodified) damage of IU that is not that crappy is it?

If you add in the fact that you now get +dam on perks as well you should be marginally better off even if you look at the loss of damage on Det. Matrix.
    And how exactly do you get all five AI Dots running on the same target at the same time when they're all in the same school?
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

yeah i managed to confuse myself, ofc you don't get all the different hits from the various DOTs, so you only get double +damage on C-deck nukes.
    I guess the sky really is falling.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    I log my NT and see 10% less nano damage than it had before. Which is a pretty big loss if you ask me, as I worked hard for every single point of it. Yes I know that add damage mods now affect nukes but since NT nukes are slow and high damage attacks, the extra dmg I got instead of my awesome nano dmg mods is a drop in the ocean. As of now I lost 10% nano dmg and gained 130 add dmg. Which isn't really a fair tradeoff, since 130 points is not even 2% of my average nuke. /me sad

They could at least add some dmg mods to extermination unit symbs, seriously.
    Yes , they remove add%dmg form some high stuff.
    So if you consider , the recharge time and the lag to land a nano, our dpm/dps dropped dramatically (10 to 12 % is huge ), even u go in full scout to max MC.
    I was always 1st in dd in pvm, Shade, bcrat are beating us now, as they got no delay on ranged weapons ....
    And when soloing mobs , u need more time to kill them , so as NT has low HP and no self heal , u can imagine ...

FC still continue to kill game ....

Back when I played 2 years ago I would beat all the shades on DD, but with perks getting +dmg bonus and NTs losing 10% damage I guess it won't happen anymore

Btw to people whining about LE nukes: you just haven't met a good NT who knows how to use NS2 + IU properly, then you'd consider meeting a triple nub a blessing.
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    Back when I played 2 years ago I would beat all the shades on DD, but with perks getting +dmg bonus and NTs losing 10% damage I guess it won't happen anymore

Btw to people whining about LE nukes: you just haven't met a good NT who knows how to use NS2 + IU properly, then you'd consider meeting a triple nub a blessing.
    ns2+iu nt's aren't that bad if you have a working w button...

so, what armor NTs use nowadays, is CM/CC a decent for damage increase?
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

You obviously have not heard, NT's are going pistol now for the damage add on perks and they are spamming candycane for massive DD. The Crit+DD+nanodamage gear all-in-one combination setup.

If you guys weren't so lazy you would just throw on a d-shark and OD everyone. Nukes were never meant to be big damage alone, so FC is finally getting you guys away from cyberdecks which you were obviously never supposed to rely on in the first place.

I guess that's that then, goodbye unique NT gameplay, hello being just a crat with crappier crowd control and no pets.
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nts are good for one thing and that is pl'ing my toons ;P
    Georgiagirl(220/30)Doctor
    Bluebonnet(220/30)Bureaucrat
    Southernbell(220/30)Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    The last stage of healing: acceptance. You'll be fine now.
    Last step of healing was, is and always will remain, Denial.
    Before you argue with me: NO! Just NO! lalalalalala! Can't hear you!

Is complicated with NTs.

Years ago, almost nothing was able to hit or perk us (Never saw so much MR against me). And we had the new LE nukes. That was... devastating and due to that, almost everyone rolled a NT - and thats the point. Even a NT with Omni-Med Suit on is able to rip of almost ever1 with these stupid nukes. Sure, I used them too a thousand times, but its simply unchallenging and unfunny to use it and I cant wait for them to be removed totally from AO.

Running around with evade/hp setup, NR2 and NS2 with DM and IU - a real NT is still powerful and dangerous. Not godlike, every other class can kill him and in my opinion, thats how it should be. Tbh, there are much more OP classes in AO then a NT with LE Nukes by far. And its a lie of players without knowledge about a NT who say that NTs only are pressing 3 buttons. I got 3 full bar with pers, nanos and actions, almost as much as shade.

But, lets wait for the removal of LE nukes and the beginning of the new nuke system. I hope (!) that the NTs item and perk configuration will play a bigger role then - then just only do 1-2 CB and stupidiously pressing "Izgimmers Double" (Hi Nanoinstance). Then we will see how good 90% of these pitiful NTs really are.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

At 200 I went to BS without armor on...usually double, NF, double killed anything with less than 7000 health. In actual gear a 200 NT can kill a 220 using the top NR debuffing nuke and LE nukes Killed a 220 soldier (he was feared and stunned by a crat couldn't kill me in time), several fixers, shades, advy, well you get the idea. Me and another 200 NT could stack our NR debuffs and drop 220's in borealis pretty quickly lol.

I was tempted to level my NT to 220 but it's almost pointless if I continue to use LE nukes lol. Given moderate support I am more dangerous than my 220 MP, MA, or shade in PVP. Without mongo rage it even has more killing power than my 220 enforcer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    At 200 I went to BS without armor on...usually double, NF, double killed anything with less than 7000 health. In actual gear a 200 NT can kill a 220 using the top NR debuffing nuke and LE nukes Killed a 220 soldier (he was feared and stunned by a crat couldn't kill me in time), several fixers, shades, advy, well you get the idea. Me and another 200 NT could stack our NR debuffs and drop 220's in borealis pretty quickly lol.

I was tempted to level my NT to 220 but it's almost pointless if I continue to use LE nukes lol. Given moderate support I am more dangerous than my 220 MP, MA, or shade in PVP. Without mongo rage it even has more killing power than my 220 enforcer.
    No, you dont.

Every 220ish char with atleast an average equipment is able to kill your NT in seconds. That you are able to kill a perma stunned/rooted/snared [insert obstacled profession here] says nothing about NTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    No, you dont.

Every 220ish char with atleast an average equipment is able to kill your NT in seconds. That you are able to kill a perma stunned/rooted/snared [insert obstacled profession here] says nothing about NTs.
    Since I am speaking from experience these will not be "paper PVP" examples but what I have actually done.

The soldier was the only one who was feared and stunned by a crat, he had time to burst and FA me at 40 meters but that was it, and certainly could not kill me. I did have enough damage to get the killing solo points as well, which was a CB, double, NF, triple.

In borealis I would kill the others. I would stand on the lightposts in borealis since you could not actually see them from ground level without zooming all the way out. With NBS solo kills of 220's are certainly possible. WIthout NBS you almost always need to kill targets during group fights.

My targets in these group fights were typically not being attacked themselves, otherwise they would have likely been apt to flee into a backyard sooner to avoid dieing. When they are actively fighting they likely miss the slight damage from NR debuffs and possibly consider it AOE damage of some sort. After the debuffs you can perk and nuke 220's.

NF and CA do respectable damage, and without heals 2 or 3 doubles form a 200 NT with ~30% nanodamage mod or higher will kill most 220's. My double showed something around 3300-5300 damage x2 as static nuke damage as a 200 NT. Quite a few escaped into a backyard or meeped, but if they happened to be just a bit too far or waited too long then they died.

If you are attacked, you will survive an initial special burst unless you are gimp, you should also be running the wen-wen to absorb one as well. It takes at least 5 hits to alpha an NT as well. When I took damage I would try to NBG as soon as possible, and I successfully escaped most of the time (stunganked by an enforcer before I could NBG, sometimes my nano pool can be burst down during NBG as well). If the target was close to death I would simply kill them instead of running. Using the warp nanos you can exit a backyard and find a new location to attack from again.

Hence with support, you can survive long enough to kill. The damage my NT produces is higher than my 220 MP, MA, shade, and enforcer against most targets in an actual PVP environment. The exception is when my enforcer uses MR in an alpha setup.
    Last edited by Gatester; Aug 30th, 2012 at 00:18:58.

We´ll see how good a few NTs really are when the stupid double/triples are thrown out of AO. I really cant wait for it to come true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast