• Psikie

13 18.57%
  • Lainbr

32 45.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Professional Voting Results

Professional Voting Results

Hello Meta-Physicists,

As you may be aware Professional Revotes is the topic of the moment and I have been accepting candidates for the last few weeks.

I am now in a position to tell you that Justinsane4, Psikie and Lainbr have had their candidacies accepted, and will now be put forward to a public vote. This vote will run for 2 weeks from today, closing at 2359 GMT on the 7th December. The two candidates with the most votes will then be declared your new Professionals.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the programme.

With Regards
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Statement from Justinsane4

Quote Originally Posted by Justinsane4
    Thank you all for putting up with an MP professional who knew less about the game and less about MP than most of you. You all taught me most of what I know about the profession, particularly when I was starting out a few years ago and had no clue.

I know that not much has changed for MPs since I've been a professional, so I'd probably vote to throw the bum out, were I not the bum. However, players don't choose development schedules, the producer does, and decided that the system changes (which we need more than most) will come after the engine, server merge and new player experience, so profession balance changes have been on hold. I have done my best to be an advocate for the profession and make sure all of your voices were heard by the developers, and would be glad to continue to do so.

After the new player experience and engine are finished (currently estimate I believe is Q1 2013, and the new team has been pretty accurate on estimates), the system changes we are all counting on to address the core problems with our profession will be the development focus. Whoever our professionals are at that point, I'm confident the developers will listen and consider what they have to say on behalf of the MP community. Please vote for whoever you most want to speak for MPs at that time. If one of those two players is me, thank you. If not, thank you for the last couple years - it's been fun - and I'll do whatever I can to help out and support the new professionals .
    Last edited by Venachar; Nov 24th, 2012 at 11:45:30.
    Guardian Venachar

Psikie statement

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie
    First off I want to say thank you in advance for consideration. I have played AO a very long time and through the ups and downs MP has always been my bread and butter. Justin and Lain would both make fantastic choices that I would easily support. The only thing I would suggest is take a look back at some of the posts we have all done regarding MP's. The candidate with the ideas closest to your own is who you should vote for.
    Last edited by Venachar; Nov 28th, 2012 at 17:59:30.
    Guardian Venachar

Lainbr statement

Quote Originally Posted by Lainbr
    Hello everybody o/

First, I wanna say, we are the profession who has been waiting for rebalance the most. And we are very passionate when talking about it. We are also all the ones who need it the most, since "MP is the gimpiest profession ever". Not that I really agree with it (we can do sorta cool stuff), but the truth is that we are on that "useless and undesired" corner that should not exist to begin with.
    But, since AO Dev Team decided to do rebalance at last (and they also decided to do something bigger with it, thinking about the whole AO Combat system and not only on Nanos and Perks), there was not much discuss about it at all. All we know so far is that it will be rethought!

So, after the new player experience and engine are finished, these system changes we are all counting on to address the core problems with our profession will be on spotlight. As I said before, they are rethinking the whole system, which gives to whoever our professionals are the oportunity to give ideas and to transmit the MP community’s thoughts. And I'm pretty sure the developers will listen and consider what we have to say.

I'm not the best person when comes to overall speech, but I'm awesome at listening and at making opinions vocal. I also have a really good knowledge on MP profession, what I think will be important in the coming system changes.

Please vote for whoever you want the most for MP professional and who you think is the most suited to be the MP representative. If one of those two players is me, I thank you and I'll do my best at it. If not, I thank you as well and I'll do my best to help and support the new professionals.
    Last edited by Venachar; Nov 25th, 2012 at 23:16:41.
    Guardian Venachar

Wouldnt it be better to be able to vote for the "two" proffesionals you wanna see represent your proffesion? Btw just asking not meant to dictate in any way
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

I am confident Justinsane4 will continue to do a great job as a representive for the mp profession.

Therefor you get my vote!

justin for president!

I'm glad to see such great candidates. Psikie and Lainbr would both be great professionals. We'll be in good hands no matter what .

I am excited to be considered for the post. I can honestly say with candidates like Justin and Lain I am happy to be in the voting with these fine examples of MP's.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Only good candidates
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Two awesomeness saying I'm awesome as well. ._.
    No matter what, we will be in cool hands for sure.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I refuse to vote for anyone who has less then 2500 MC/TS skill in bow setup.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Wouldnt it be better to be able to vote for the "two" proffesionals you wanna see represent your proffesion? Btw just asking not meant to dictate in any way
    Depends. In some circumstances it would be possible for large, vocal groups to put two people they want into the positions to the expense of other opinions or groups. With only one vote - is it much more likely there will be a bit of variety in the Professionals.
    Guardian Venachar

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Depends. In some circumstances it would be possible for large, vocal groups to put two people they want into the positions to the expense of other opinions or groups. With only one vote - is it much more likely there will be a bit of variety in the Professionals.

with the assumption that there would even be enough people interested to HAVE 2 pro's ... which atm it seems only 5 professions do

Quote Originally Posted by Klodovik View Post
    seconded!
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Klodovik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    seconded!
    *swaps 2 items*
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

Whoever get the roles will have quite some work to do.
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

Grats to Lainbr and Justinsane.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Thank you for voting on me!!!

Btw, how the hell I got more votes than Justin?

looks like you're now the official MP whinner lain :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast