Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAQ about the server merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    But in terms of being able to get from point A to point B in a timely manner.. I actually fine Scheol's placement of garden and sanctuary statues to be more than sufficient for the things I've needed to do. Now of course if you ask me this after I've completed the Scheol questline you might get a different response BUT that would be because of the nature of the questline and not the availability of transportation statues.
    Scheol statues are terrible for Scheol quest, mainly because of running to that scientist woman in the southwest 20-30 times. I dread Scheol quest 90% for the time the transportation takes, and I always do the keys beforehand + know how to get around the zone pretty well by now.

Even if you think Scheol is pretty, having to run through the same areas over and over like you're running laps through the place will make it ugly real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    Scheol statues are terrible for Scheol quest, mainly because of running to that scientist woman in the southwest 20-30 times. I dread Scheol quest 90% for the time the transportation takes, and I always do the keys beforehand + know how to get around the zone pretty well by now.

Even if you think Scheol is pretty, having to run through the same areas over and over like you're running laps through the place will make it ugly real fast.
    As I stated, that's an issue that is moreso the scheol quest line as opposed to general statue placement.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I never liked outdoor player cities and always felt they were an eye sore and ruined the RK land scape.

I think the biggest complaint by everyone is the whole player whompah situation. So lets think of them like this:

Fgrid allows entrances to certain areas on RK quicker than flying to them. Player city whompahs allow quick exit of the zone and sometimes quick entrance depending if your city is located in that zone.

So to combat this problem for a regular player who hasn't invested as much time or doesn't want to invest the money in to getting certain fast travel items, maybe make it so that across all zones on RK there are certain points you need to tag/discover to allow you to quickly exit a zone instead of having to fly out or suicide.

Maybe even take out the whole having to discover them. I guess they could work like a regular grid point access but you couldn't access the point in the grid, it is only an exit.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    I never liked outdoor player cities and always felt they were an eye sore and ruined the RK land scape.

I think the biggest complaint by everyone is the whole player whompah situation. So lets think of them like this:

Fgrid allows entrances to certain areas on RK quicker than flying to them. Player city whompahs allow quick exit of the zone and sometimes quick entrance depending if your city is located in that zone.

So to combat this problem for a regular player who hasn't invested as much time or doesn't want to invest the money in to getting certain fast travel items, maybe make it so that across all zones on RK there are certain points you need to tag/discover to allow you to quickly exit a zone instead of having to fly out or suicide.

Maybe even take out the whole having to discover them. I guess they could work like a regular grid point access but you couldn't access the point in the grid, it is only an exit.
    So what you're proposing is making a better fixergrid, only for everyone? No, it's silly. It takes a maximum of a few minutes to fly from the closest whompa/grid exit to the furthest corner of the world. If that's too much, then perhaps you should reconsider if that's where you want to go, and if you couldn't find somewhere closer. If not, then I guess you could just ignore whatever it was you wanted. I guess most the issues is that people don't even know how to get anywhere anymore because they just ignored it since everywhere had some SL dropoff or fixergrid exit etc..
    Ebony Cindersylph Sunset - Gothic Enforcer
    Pain leads to ascension... let me be your guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindersylph View Post
    So what you're proposing is making a better fixergrid, only for everyone? No, it's silly. It takes a maximum of a few minutes to fly from the closest whompa/grid exit to the furthest corner of the world. If that's too much, then perhaps you should reconsider if that's where you want to go, and if you couldn't find somewhere closer. If not, then I guess you could just ignore whatever it was you wanted. I guess most the issues is that people don't even know how to get anywhere anymore because they just ignored it since everywhere had some SL dropoff or fixergrid exit etc..
    I don't have an opinion on this one way or the other, but just inserting a bit of truth: it takes more than a few minutes to fly from the closest whompa/grid exit to the furthest corner of the world. Getting to the southeast corner of SFH or northeast corner of PW, limited to such means, takes significantly longer. Also the northeast corner of Milky Way, and CAV can be a pain in the ass to get to iirc... etc...
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    I don't have an opinion on this one way or the other, but just inserting a bit of truth: it takes more than a few minutes to fly from the closest whompa/grid exit to the furthest corner of the world. Getting to the southeast corner of SFH
    Go to Smuggler's Den from Borealis (door is at /waypoint 720 703 800), then go to where "real" entrance is in Smuggler's Den and exit to SFH is and you end up here: /waypoint 1752 871 615. Now you are almost at SE corner of SFH. After that it is only few minutes fly or run. I hope this helps. And if you are asking which whompa / grid exit I was using then Borealis grid exit in this case.
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeasaukko View Post
    Go to Smuggler's Den from Borealis (door is at /waypoint 720 703 800), then go to where "real" entrance is in Smuggler's Den and exit to SFH is and you end up here: /waypoint 1752 871 615. Now you are almost at SE corner of SFH. After that it is only few minutes fly or run. I hope this helps. And if you are asking which whompa / grid exit I was using then Borealis grid exit in this case.
    Dude I know about the new shortcut there. I was just saying, limiting to whompas/grid exits, which is the context the previous poster used.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cindersylph View Post
    No. What I am saying is provide exit points in a zone for players to leave the zone quickly. I will explain again.

Player cities are located all around RK. When you are really far from a grid or real whompah a player city has a whompah that allows for quick travel. Think of player city whompahs as quick exit locations from the zone. I say exit location because you cant technically zone to any city you want all over RK, the whompahs at a city location provide quick exit from the zone.

What I mentioned is virtually the same thing except take out player cities, take out the whompah and then put some sort of thing to where when a player clicks it he will be transported to the grid or somewhere depending on the faction. A player CAN NOT use the grid to get to this location. A player CAN ONLY access this point in the zone to provide a quick exit of that zone. It is only a means for a player to leave a zone quickly, it IS NOT a means for a player to enter the zone quickly. It is completely different than fgrid.

No. What I am saying is provide exit points in a zone for players to leave the zone quickly. I will explain again.

Player cities are located all around RK. When you are really far from a grid or real whompah a player city has a whompah that allows for quick travel. Think of player city whompahs as quick exit locations from the zone. I say exit location because you cant technically zone to any city you want all over RK, the whompahs at a city location provide quick exit from the zone.

What I mentioned is virtually the same thing except take out player cities, take out the whompah and then put some sort of thing to where when a player clicks it he will be transported to the grid or somewhere depending on the faction. A player CAN NOT use the grid to get to this location. A player CAN ONLY access this point in the zone to provide a quick exit of that zone. It is only a means for a player to leave a zone quickly, it IS NOT a means for a player to enter the zone quickly. It is completely different than fgrid.
    This is actually not a bad idea. I'm not sure how they can incorporate it into the storyline but it shouldn't be too tough. I read some article the other day about Omni Tech making upgrades to the grid so that could go right along with it (somehow).

Hopefully the construction crew that installs these easy exits can also do some work and add similar technology at the end of missions.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Well, you can buy that in the store or store a fixgrid or have an engie in your team or play with friends that can warp/grid..
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Would be nice to have some "faction controled" outpost with whompas that get you back to the capital city, not many, just a few to give a sense of faction land control.

Quote Originally Posted by heilt-do View Post
    Would be nice to have some "faction controled" outpost with whompas that get you back to the capital city, not many, just a few to give a sense of faction land control.
    This, or adding grid entrances to those old settlements you see scattered in the world. Most have shops and reclaim so that could make sense no ?

I agree the cities should go, ugly glossy concrete crap, but going to the end of EFP and back isn't much fun.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    This is actually not a bad idea. I'm not sure how they can incorporate it into the storyline but it shouldn't be too tough. I read some article the other day about Omni Tech making upgrades to the grid so that could go right along with it (somehow).

Hopefully the construction crew that installs these easy exits can also do some work and add similar technology at the end of missions.
    I agree ... there should be some sort of "Out Post" near the area's were the cities all were ... to monitor their sudden disappearance for possible alien interference or ???

I would suggest the "exit" method allow for sellecting from a few major locations ... or else dump us into the grid. A fixed exit location based on faction like the beacons would not be a good choice ... keep it the same destinations as the current wampas if possible.

Kinnik

There should be no such places
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

so 'Masta Grylls' wants us to all lern2surviv in dem great outdoors and flounder around a bit.

Then he'll be on the cover of AO: Outside magazine and have loads of MastaGrylls merchandise for sale, the Rugged MastaGrylls lockpick, for example.

Later on there will be a scandal that places him at the Lush Hills Resort while in full survival mode.

We'll see what they do, but it seems silly to run around a bit in the wilderness in a sci fi mmo. Oh right! We have solar-powered yalms.
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Nov 21st, 2012 at 11:16:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I hope they just go away. "We're used to traveling faster" screw that, seriously, and bring back the sense of open widths and adventure.
    aye just imagine some fresh Dynas out there! wooho! whopam style!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

tbh this is what i liked most about player cities. they gave an org a shortcut to a certain zone. and of course you'd have a divide between prime realestate like PW and EFP within spitting distance of a tl7 field were much better than the soviet-era housing projects that was 3craters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12